• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet?

I don't think the Cavs make it either.

But, you take the Celtics, I will take the Cavs just so we can get your streak to 100% WRONG and you can shut up about this one thing in 1000 you got right.

5k.

Sure, as the season ends and we see the playoffs.....but you know me better than that. Not betting that high.....took me too long to get my Hoop cash this high.

300-500 max. That's a lot for me when most of my bets fall in the 50-150 range. If I get my fat stacks up to 13-15k, I might go as high as 1k.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, he's really, REALLY good.

I love watching him play.

He's so good I would let Randle go and if we had to, trade Nance in the off-season. But, he's a huuuuuuuge reason why I have scaled back to just 1 max guy and not 2.

Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball are a nice young trio. Add a veteran and some other guys and this team could be really good in 2-3 seasons.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that schools in this country are going to hell. I went to a pre-dominantly black and hispanic middle school. I remember I got jumped by 3 black kids (I was in the 6th grade) for simply being white; I got suspended for 10 days.

In 7th grade, one person was starting shit with me and some other kid. While I was eating lunch, this kid jumped me from behind. The 3rd person who was instigating it between me and the other guy was used as a witness making shit up that I said. I got 5 days in-door suspension.

*At this point, my mom said that conflicts are just going to come my way while at this school until I'm done with middle school. Just do what you got to do*

I served one more suspension for fighting - this one was worth it since it was one-on-one.

Principals are generally cucks, and your kid sounds like he's being brought up right. Don't change a thing.
Yeah, it's crazy.

There is racism from all sides.

The School shootings are another terrifying common occurrence.

Sometimes these kids are being terrorized to the point they explode, sometimes they are just bat shit Cray.

I just try to stay involved and aware.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 ....no good way for that to happen on this is us.

But, this is hurtful.

Yeah I saw a lot of tweets last night where fans were saying they regret wanting to know how Jack died lol.

I'm not ready for next Sunday. I bet he was trying to save that damn dog after him & the rest of the family got out of the house.

And I can't stand teenager version of Kevin. Want to break his jaw so bad

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's so good I would let Randle go and if we had to, trade Nance in the off-season. But, he's a huuuuuuuge reason why I have scaled back to just 1 max guy and not 2.

Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball are a nice young trio. Add a veteran and some other guys and this team could be really good in 2-3 seasons.
If you can't get Boogie, what Center would you target?

He's technically a 4. But, I like Favors.

If I'm going straight 5 and I'm going 1 max * George or even cheaper Love * and one less than max, Monroe or Kanter for the less than slot.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it occurs to me that maaaaaaaaaaaybe I need to change my persona a tad bit.

I just got back from a 7:15 meeting at my kids school with the Principal.

My kid has in-school suspension for creating a hostile environment.

My husband dropped her off at school for the first time this year last week and one of the boys in her class said " I didn't know you were a beaner and a N-word ".

* He's Mexican *

My daughter responded with " I didn't know you were a dickless, asshole loser ".

The Principal was less than enthused when I laughed....lol

Shortly after I joined tHoop....think it was Sep of 2014.....in one of Austin's classes they were learning about black history. This one white kid started taunting Austin calling him a "cotton picking ****". He was one of 8-10 b-racial or black kids at his school in Palos Verdes.

Austin told him several times to stop. One day he mentioned it when they were at wrestling practice. He beat the crap out of him and took pics of himself and the kid.....sent them to me. The wrestling coach said to go clean themselves up......never said anything to the administration......probably could have gotten into trouble if they ever found out.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is really good. Latest desire is to just sign 1 max FA (possibly a center) and just let the kids keep learning together. Maybe, a veteran PG to backup Ball. Maybe a combo guard who can get 25-30mpg as the 6th man.

now finally a post i can get behind...:D

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's crazy.

There is racism from all sides.

The School shootings are another terrifying common occurrence.

Sometimes these kids are being terrorized to the point they explode, sometimes they are just bat shit Cray.

I just try to stay involved and aware.

I'm glad I didn't have to grow up in this generation. Kids have it easier. But harder in some ways. Kids can gang up on one and record it on Youtube and put it out for everyone to keep watching and be a constant reminder.

This leads to the school shootings. I think this is part of the reason why I do not have kids. Plus I'm lazy (in some ways) and selfish. So there's that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly after I joined tHoop....think it was Sep of 2014.....in one of Austin's classes they were learning about black history. This one white kid started taunting Austin calling him a "cotton picking ****". He was one of 8-10 b-racial or black kids at his school in Palos Verdes.

Austin told him several times to stop. One day he mentioned it when they were at wrestling practice. He beat the crap out of himself and took pics of him and the kid.....sent them to me. The wrestling coach said to go clean themselves up......never said anything to the administration......probably could have gotten into trouble if they ever found out.
Like @ChiefsLakers67 said in a prior conversation, the mixed kids get it worse.

Because they get it from evvvvvveeeeerrrrrryyyybbbbboooooodddddy.

I'm dark skinned, husband is Brown.

But, my bio daughter came out so fricking light that dickhead's Mom actually asked for a paternity test...lol

Yet, my adoptive daughter, who's Mom is white, looks black.

When we lived in California, the black kids used to give my daughter the bizzzznnneeeeessss.

Funny enough, there are so many biracial kids in AZ that not many bat an eye.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. This "January Swoon" has been an annual event ever since Lebron returned to Cleveland. So far, they have managed to make the finals every year.

Having said that...this year feels different. There seems to be more of a divide in the team than in previous years. Plus, they aren't as good as they have been in previous years.

They are still the Eastern Conference champs until someone beats them, it just seems like it may be more likely that someone does this time.

And I'm starting to think this was there last season, on a smaller scale, and is part of the reason why he wanted to be traded.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I didn't have to grow up in this generation. Kids have it easier. But harder in some ways. Kids can gang up on one and record it on Youtube and put it out for everyone to keep watching and be a constant reminder.

This leads to the school shootings. I think this is part of the reason why I do not have kids. Plus I'm lazy (in some ways) and selfish. So there's that.
I was never afraid of shit, until I had kids.

Now the world is frightening.

Be selfish.

Enjoy life.

That way when you have kids, you won't be resentful.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like @ChiefsLakers67 said in a prior conversation, the mixed kids get it worse.

Because they get it from evvvvvveeeeerrrrrryyyybbbbboooooodddddy.

I'm dark skinned, husband is Brown.

But, my bio daughter came out so fricking light that dickhead's Mom actually asked for a paternity test...lol

Yet, my adoptive daughter, who's Mom is white, looks black.

When we lived in California, the black kids used to give my daughter the bizzzznnneeeeessss.

Funny enough, there are so many biracial kids in AZ that not many bat an eye.

Yeah.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, kids ain't so bad...

I mean, look how well adjusted the experience made me...:lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
psssst, ya hear that...?

that's the sobs of 29 GM's who missed on this kid...:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

:heh:
I go back and forth on who is the better steal, Kuz or Mitchell.

I think I'm going to settle on....both.

Obviously the numbers Kuz is putting up versus the slot he was taken is just ridiculous.

But, Damn.....WTF is Donovan's ceiling if he's doing.......THIS year one?

Lol @ some of the Dude's picked ahead of him at #13.

But, it's early...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't get Boogie, what Center would you target?

He's technically a 4. But, I like Favors.

If I'm going straight 5 and I'm going 1 max * George or even cheaper Love * and one less than max, Monroe or Kanter for the less than slot.
@DJ?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go back and forth on who is the better steal, Kuz or Mitchell.

I think I'm going to settle on....both.

Obviously the numbers Kuz is putting up versus the slot he was taken is just ridiculous.

But, Damn.....WTF is Donovan's ceiling if he's doing.......THIS year one?

Lol @ some of the Dude's picked ahead of him at #13.

But, it's early...

definitely agree on Dmitch...

he could end up being one scary cat...