• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they really need it tho? They're in win championship-now mode. Not relying on a potential 18-year old as their future.

I agree with centers are pretty much ineffective against the Warriors, but that's the thing. It's hard to see them winning in the Eastern Conference finals with this level of play.

The Cavs are in a bit of a catch-22, imo.

On the one hand, they are definitely in championship now mode, so because of that, they should be doing anything and everything they can and trading whatever picks/players are necessary to win.

On the other hand, they are looking at going into a full rebuild as soon as Lebron leaves (possibly as early as this off-season) and those assets, especially high draft picks, would be great to start the rebuild with.

If Lebron would commit beyond this season, I'm sure the Cavs would start offering everything they could.

But Lebron won't commit.

So, do they make moves as if he's staying, knowing that if they don't win the title, he's likely to leave and they're left with little to rebuild with?

Or do they stand pat, hope that the current roster can get things figured, also knowing that he's gone if they don't...but at least having some nice assets to move forward with?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that the Warriors' lackadaisical and unprofessinal attitude would come back to bite them against a good team and, as is usually the case, I was right. You can't just turn it on and off when you want to against the better teams.
I was right again about Kerr in the locker room at halftime as evidenced by the Warriors making uo 21 points only to get lazy again and lose.
This is the team that will knock the Warriors out of the playoffs this year; mark it down.

Excellent! You just punched the Warriors' ticket to another championship victory.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Wamu ....

You see Duke's recruiting class?

Those Fuckers could probably beat the shit NBA Teams.

If they don't win it all, and have 3 of the top 5 picks in the 2019 NBA Draft, it will be shocking.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Wamu ....

You see Duke's recruiting class?

Those Fuckers could probably beat the shit NBA Teams.

If they don't win it all, and have 3 of the top 5 picks in the 2019 NBA Draft, it will be shocking.

Yeah I saw dook's recruiting class. I got so pissed off I threw a basketball through my neighbors front window this morning. Although for all of Coach Kruzawooooski's greatness he's yet to have a former player of his get into the HOF.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the one hand, they are definitely in championship now mode, so because of that, they should be doing anything and everything they can and trading whatever picks/players are necessary to win.

On the other hand, they are looking at going into a full rebuild as soon as Lebron leaves (possibly as early as this off-season) and those assets, especially high draft picks, would be great to start the rebuild with.

If Lebron would commit beyond this season, I'm sure the Cavs would start offering everything they could.

But Lebron won't commit.

So, do they make moves as if he's staying, knowing that if they don't win the title, he's likely to leave and they're left with little to rebuild with?

Or do they stand pat, hope that the current roster can get things figured, also knowing that he's gone if they don't...but at least having some nice assets to move forward with?

In the end, Lebron's going to fuck the Cavs similar to how he fucked the Heat. Lebron strung the Heat along while quality free agents were being picked up. Once all the tier 1 FA's were picked up, he went back to Cleveland. Even though he knew full well that he was leaving months prior.

Now, Lebron knows he's not going to stick around again. This team is a mess and has little wiggle room to improve without major roster changes. You think Lebron's going to want to hitch his wagon to IT who's about to be 29 and in his next contract is going to be making $25 mil per year?

Cleveland better keep that Nets pick. Because Boogie or Deandre ain't helping you against the Dubs.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, Lebron's going to fuck the Cavs similar to how he fucked the Heat. Lebron strung the Heat along while quality free agents were being picked up. Once all the tier 1 FA's were picked up, he went back to Cleveland. Even though he knew full well that he was leaving months prior.

Now, Lebron knows he's not going to stick around again. This team is a mess and has little wiggle room to improve without major roster changes. You think Lebron's going to want to hitch his wagon to IT who's about to be 29 and in his next contract is going to be making $25 mil per year?

Cleveland better keep that Nets pick. Because Boogie or Deandre ain't helping you against the Dubs.
Of course they will help vs the Dubs. But maybe not enough.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Lebron won't commit.

Here is the thing....

Their window closes completely when he leaves and we all know that will be this Summer.

Sure, they can go all in and take one final hail Mary, and who could blame them?

But, I wouldn't.

You don't max a midget and Thomas is going to the highest bidder.

So, I'd trade him now and say fuck it.

Let LeBron use this as his reason for bolting.

But, don't be left in complete shambles when he does.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they will help vs the Dubs. But maybe not enough.

Cleveland's testament to competing with the Dubs is offense. Their perimeter defense is one of the most horrid things I've seen. I've never seen Deandre do anything of significance anytime he's played the Warriors. Too be fair, this is factoring in a subpar coach in Rivers. So maybe a quality coach could use Deandre proficiently. Then again, we're talking about Lue here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, Lebron's going to fuck the Cavs similar to how he fucked the Heat.

Is that why you have the issues w/ him that you do? Also when LBJ joined your team did you have an issues when that happened? Or did your issues w/ him start the moment he left?

Now I really am not trying to start any shit right now or even be a smartass. These are just a few questions I have wanted to ask you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's testament to competing with the Dubs is offense. Their perimeter defense is one of the most horrid things I've seen. I've never seen Deandre do anything of significance anytime he's played the Warriors. Too be fair, this is factoring in a subpar coach in Rivers. So maybe a quality coach could use Deandre proficiently. Then again, we're talking about Lue here.

Barring a roster overhaul the Cavs will be lucky to even get outta the EC. Their D is almost to the point it can't be fixed.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Cavs are in a completely different situation as the Clippers because they have the best player in the game and have won a Chip.

But, like the Clippers, they need to recognize that is is over.

The Clippers should not even be thinking about the fucking playoffs.

I love Lou. But, they need to trade him, Deandre and Blake if they can.

The Cavs shouldn't be thinking about winning it all because they don't look like they could compete in a series against the Thunder or Rockets, let alone the Warriors.

It's time to stop mortgaging the future.

Doncic, Young, Ayton, Bamba, Bagley, Porter.....

None of those guys are gonna turn your Franchise around year 1.

But, they'd be a good start.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why you have the issues w/ him that you do? Also when LBJ joined your team did you have an issues when that happened? Or did your issues w/ him start the moment he left?

I really don't know why you keep on with this. It's pretty ridiculous.

Of course Heat fans didn't have issues with Lebron joining their team. If you've paid even a little bit of attention to what Heat fans have posted...you'd know that their issue is with how he left, not that he left.

As Heatles pointed out in the part of the post you ignored...Lebron dragged his feet on announcing his decision until all of the top FA's had been signed. That left only next level down guys. Had he announced when he actually knew, the Heat could have gone after top level FA's. Lebron prevented that.

Really not that hard to figure out.

Perhaps a better question is: What do you care why "someone has issues with him"?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Cavs are in a completely different situation as the Clippers because they have the best player in the game and have won a Chip.

But, like the Clippers, they need to recognize that is is over.

The Clippers should not even be thinking about the fucking playoffs.

I love Lou. But, they need to trade him, Deandre and Blake if they can.

The Cavs shouldn't be thinking about winning it all because they don't look like they could compete in a series against the Thunder or Rockets, let alone the Warriors.

It's time to stop mortgaging the future.

Doncic, Young, Ayton, Bamba, Bagley, Porter.....

None of those guys are gonna turn your Franchise around year 1.

But, they'd be a good start.

The Cavs D is the reason I'm not sure right now they could beat the Celtics or the Raptors in a 7 game series. They are in alotta trouble, even LeBron knows this.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I really am not trying to start any shit right now or even be a smartass. These are just a few questions I have wanted to ask you.
In both cases he handled things poorly.

The decision was just douchey.

The Rock star press conference was gag worthy.

Cavs fans should have loathed his ass.

With the Heat, that Fucker knew he was leaving and let the Heat waste a draft pick on the guy he wanted and then let every free agent of worth come off the board before he let Miami know.

That's what's so laughable about Hurricane shark shit being angry at Paul George.

He did the opposite and gave the Pacers the opportunity to get great value.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know why you keep on with this. It's pretty ridiculous.

Of course Heat fans didn't have issues with Lebron joining their team. If you've paid even a little bit of attention to what Heat fans have posted...you'd know that their issue is with how he left, not that he left.

As Heatles pointed out in the part of the post you ignored...Lebron dragged his feet on announcing his decision until all of the top FA's had been signed. That left only next level down guys. Had he announced when he actually knew, the Heat could have gone after top level FA's. Lebron prevented that.

Really not that hard to figure out.

Perhaps a better question is: What do you care why "someone has issues with him"?

You keep insisting I care when I really don't. I just think it's funny to see peoples reactions on this topic.

LeBron's a self centered jackass & loves attention. That's why he left the Cavs & Heat in the manner he did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep insisting I care when I really don't.

If you didn't, you wouldn't keep asking. Peoples reaction to the topic isn't funny. It's old. There are no new reactions. There are the same reactions that have always been there and the same reasons.

The reasons why some don't like Lebron have been covered over and over again. The reason some still like him have also been covered over and over again.

Those who don't like him haven't changed their reasons or suddenly started liking him.

Those who do like him haven't changed their reasons or suddenly started disliking him.

You claim to not like him...yet you are constantly asking others why they don't like him. Despite the fact that the question has been asked and answered multiple times. Has your reason for not liking him changed?

Given the above, there's really only one question left:

Why do you care?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't, you wouldn't keep asking. Peoples reaction to the topic isn't funny. It's old. There are no new reactions. There are the same reactions that have always been there and the same reasons.

The reasons why some don't like Lebron have been covered over and over again. The reason some still like him have also been covered over and over again.

Those who don't like him haven't changed their reasons or suddenly started liking him.

Those who do like him haven't changed their reasons or suddenly started disliking him.

You claim to not like him...yet you are constantly asking others why they don't like him. Despite the fact that the question has been asked and answered multiple times. Has your reason for not liking him changed?

Given the above, there's really only one question left:

Why do you care?

I keep telling you I don't care but for some odd reason that's not good enough for you. If you have ever paid attention (which @ times it seems that you don't) I have asked the same things to Heat fans in the past. Yet you're usually the 1st (and sometimes the only) to answer. Keep pretending I care for some reason. It just gives me another reason to keep asking the same silly questions for no reason @ all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see how he's fucking them if he leaves.
The difference now is that it appears that Gilbert thinks he is leaving vs Arison seemed blindsided.
If I'm Gilbert I'm doing what I think is best for the franchise long term, unless James states what his demands are to stay and then agrees to them if Gilbert accepts.