• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Howard should be spade & neutered so he doesn't have anymore kids.
Guess he likes Baby Mama drama.

I hope he stops getting traded.

Every new place he goes, he contributes to the population.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Almost called in to a radio show for the first time in my life yesterday.

I'm driving home listening to a local sportstalk show and these 2 clowns are talking about how Lonzo and Lebron wouldn't fit together because they are both facilitators. Some convoluted crap that somehow ended up with them each needing the ball too much.

Wanted to call in and ask: "So, you have an offense built on players facilitating for each other, led by a very good young facilitator who is getting better by the game and who doesn't care about his own points, yet you guys think that adding one of the best facilitators ever is somehow going to fuck that up and not work? Especially when that facilitator has been trying to lighten his load since about his 3rd season in Miami?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess he likes Baby Mama drama.

I hope he stops getting traded.

Every new place he goes, he contributes to the population.

He'll stop getting traded once he retires. If he ever ends up on the Celtics though I'm gonna be like

:gaah:

:exploding:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Almost called in to a radio show for the first time in my life yesterday.

I'm driving home listening to a local sportstalk show and these 2 clowns are talking about how Lonzo and Lebron wouldn't fit together because they are both facilitators. Some convoluted crap that somehow ended up with them each needing the ball too much.

Wanted to call in and ask: "So, you have an offense built on players facilitating for each other, led by a very good young facilitator who is getting better by the game and who doesn't care about his own points, yet you guys think that adding one of the best facilitators ever is somehow going to fuck that up and not work? Especially when that facilitator has been trying to lighten his load since about his 3rd season in Miami?
Different players...

But, wasn't that the narrative on the Red Rockets?

They blew that theory to shit.

You can never have too many creators or shooters.

That's nonsense.

* wonders if it was DJ *

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll stop getting traded once he retires. If he ever ends up on the Celtics though I'm gonna be like

Oh, one more trade and he's a bona fide journeyman.

* prays he's not a Clippers. *

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is not a good fit. He would literally make them worse.

giphy.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different players...

But, wasn't that the narrative on the Red Rockets?

They blew that theory to shit.

You can never have too many creators or shooters.

That's nonsense.

* wonders if it was DJ *

Exactly. Plus, Lonzo seems like a humble enough dude that he'd be good with letting Lebron take more of lead role and learning from that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, one more trade and he's a bona fide journeyman.

* prays he's not a Clippers. *

Orlando, LAL, Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte. He really needs to play for a few more teams to fill out his resume.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised by this Ws loss, it's not like they are going to sweep the Rockets in the WCF. More like win in 6-7.

But hey, at least @Montalban will be happy with a loss to bitch about.
I've been saying that the Warriors' lackadaisical and unprofessinal attitude would come back to bite them against a good team and, as is usually the case, I was right. You can't just turn it on and off when you want to against the better teams.
I was right again about Kerr in the locker room at halftime as evidenced by the Warriors making uo 21 points only to get lazy again and lose.
This is the team that will knock the Warriors out of the playoffs this year; mark it down.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says "no excuses."

Then, makes an excuse:

Completely ignores that the Lakers were missing 3 starters.

Congrats to the Pacers though...they are the first team to lose to the Lakers in a game that Lonzo didn't play in.

So at least they have that going for them...which is nice.

You can't let it go, can you? I've even openly admitted that had the Pacers won the other night's game that I wouldn't have made a single post about it.

Excuses? There are always reasons for a team losing a given game, but that don't make them excuses. I blame our players for not being motivated to play in the bright lights of the Staples Center, and I blame McMillan for not having our players prepared. It's not like I'm blaming any outside forces for the loss. It's on us.

You and Shaqdaddy want to play the "no Lonzo" card, but I hadn't yet played the fact that we didn't have Myles Turner and well as a less-than 100% Lance Stephenson. So, there's that.

Let it go, buddy...Let it go.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've even openly admitted that had the Pacers won the other night's game that I wouldn't have made a single post about it.

No one believes you.

Excuses? There are always reasons forit you posted a team losing a given game, but that don't make them excuses.

The bullshit that you posted...were excuses. Period.

You shouldn't have posted another word after "No excuses, we got beat."

You and Shaqdaddy want to play the "no Lonzo" card, but I hadn't yet played the fact that we didn't have Myles Turner and well as a less-than 100% Lance Stephenson. So, there's that.

The Lakers were missing more than Lonzo. They were also missing Ingram and KCP. That's 3 starters down.

Let it go, buddy...Let it go.

I don't have to let anything go. You talked shit, your team lost. Lakers fans get to talk all of the shit we want.

You get to wear it.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure they are willing to do that. Would have to trade the Nets pick.

Besides, DJ can help get them through the East, but he isn't a difference maker against GS.

Do they really need it tho? They're in win championship-now mode. Not relying on a potential 18-year old as their future.

I agree with centers are pretty much ineffective against the Warriors, but that's the thing. It's hard to see them winning in the Eastern Conference finals with this level of play.