• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is wrong with this article? It is actually a very well written and informative article which I have come to expect from the Ringer.

And you're making an assumption that writer doesn't like the Lakers based on what? Because he's not kissing ass and predicting several titles in the coming years lol

Claiming that no one has ever heard of the The Ringer is simply bizarre. And the article wasn't a Lakers bashfest. Everything he said is pretty obvious.

People that are assuming that Lebron is going to Lakers are making a HUGE assumption. At this point I think it is pretty far from certain that Paul George is going to LA. But unless the Lakers turn things around in a big way, there is no way Lebron is going to chase rings in LA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ringer is a random blog no one has ever heard of? Are you being serious? Do you only get your basketball news from ESPN?

Yeah that was such an incredibly dumb statement then to add on that the writer doesn't like the Lakers lmao

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Heat are pretty good

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Heat are pretty good

Currently reading an article from Lowe on Miami. They were ready to tank last year after the 1st half it seems.

As he returned from a scouting trip last Jan. 14, one day after another dispiriting loss dropped the Heat to 11-30, Andy Elisburg, the team's senior vice president and general manager, used a layover to phone his boss, Pat Riley, and tell him it was time for a tough conversation.

"Math," Elisburg remembers warning Riley, "is going to catch us."

The Heat don't tank entire seasons. It is not in the ultra-competitive, borderline militaristic DNA Riley has instilled over two decades. But they aren't dumb, either. They know what the NBA's incentive structure recommends when bad chemistry and injuries undo a season.

The full brain trust agreed to meet about how to approach the rest of the season during Miami's upcoming four-game homestand. The Heat won the first game, over Houston. They postponed the meeting. Miami didn't lose again until mid-February. The meeting never happened.

Lowe: Can Miami get red-hot again without making a big move?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is wrong with this article? It is actually a very well written and informative article which I have come to expect from the Ringer.

And you're making an assumption that writer doesn't like the Lakers based on what? Because he's not kissing ass and predicting several titles in the coming years lol
It's the SportsHoopla messenger, not the message.

He's trolling 99.9 % of the time.

So, even if he isn't, that's how it looks to me.

There are certain posters I just scroll passed and dismiss what they type just because it's them...lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this is not the post most of you want to see...
The Lakers Are Even Worse Than You Think

Not a fan of the content but it was a good article.

Part of the problem is they have never had to rebuild and start over from scratch so this is new to our franchise.....and Buss was horrible. Now that he's gone hopefully Magic and Pelinka can get us going in the right direction.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, a blog from some random nobody who doesn't like the Lakers.

Why don't you post the link to your blog about how butthurt you were when PG left Indiana?

You've never heard of The Ringer? I hadn't heard of that writer but that is a good place to find good info.

Don't be a hater.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the SportsHoopla messenger, not the message.

He's trolling 99.9 % of the time.

So, even if he isn't, that's how it looks to me.

There are certain posters I just scroll passed and dismiss what they type just because it's them...lol

She.

Morning, beautiful. Did you sleep good?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the content but it was a good article.

Part of the problem is they have never had to rebuild and start over from scratch so this is new to our franchise.....and Buss was horrible. Now that he's gone hopefully Magic and Pelinka can get us going in the right direction.
Yeah, they inherited a better situation than the Nets.

But, it was still a fucking shit show.

Both Teams are doing a great job of righting their ships.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they inherited a better situation than the Nets.

But, it was still a fucking shit show.

Both Teams are doing a great job of righting their ships.

I've been thinking we could be fine with just 1 max guy and use the rest of the cash (this summer or next maybe) on filling in other parts of the team that need work.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about her?

Hurricane dickhead posted the link.

If it had been anyone other than him most would have had a reaction similar to yours.

Oh, thought you were saying Shaqdaddy trolls most of the time. You had said he.

My bad.

*Gets a refill of coffee*

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unhealthy to spend all your time in the PF or college football (especially since the season is over now), @SlinkyRedfoot. Stop in and talk some Hoops from time to time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that are assuming that Lebron is going to Lakers are making a HUGE assumption.

And yet the rumors persist and it seems like most experts think that's what's going to happen.

At this point I think it is pretty far from certain that Paul George is going to LA. But unless the Lakers turn things around in a big way, there is no way Lebron is going to chase rings in LA.

I don't know what PG is going to do, but, at this point, it doesn't seem that likely that he stays in OKC.

It's interesting that you claim that people are making a HUGE assumption if they assume Lebron's going to the Lakers, but not a huge assumption if they assume he isn't. Despite the rumors and many experts thinking that's what he'll do.

I don't think the Lakers have to "turn things around in a big way" to land Lebron, PG or anyone else. The Lakers have made no secret that this season is about development, not wins. What they want for this season, is for the team to develop, be competitive and fun to watch. They have been. If they could hit a damn free throw, they'd likely have at least 4-5 more wins.

It's pretty obvious watching them that they are a couple of players, either through acquisitions or development, away from being a contending team. I think the max players that are expected to be available this summer know that and know that they would be the ones to make them contenders again. In a league where players are concerned about their "legacies" that's not nothing.

Does this mean that the Lakers are getting Lebron, PG or anyone else this summer? Of course not. The Lakers have a lot of work to do to even get themselves in position to be able to fit 2 max FA's under the cap. From what I've read, they've all but given up on the idea of trading Deng's contract and Deng would be a fool to let them buy him out because he would lose too much money. That's going to make creating the cap space even more tricky.

Also, the Lakers are a very young team, so there's always the possibility that the losing combined with all of the rumors re: the status of different players could cause the team to implode. Something like that would no doubt turn off max FA's.

And none of that is even taking into consideration that the Cavs could try to make a move that lands them a player or 2 that gives them a better shot at titles (thus enticing Lebron to stay) or OKC getting things figured out well enough to entice PG to stay.