• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, if that Amici report is correct and they are gonna start revoking guys credentials that report on that tard, they will....

A. Make him a Martyr

B. Make him even richer

Both things prolong our agony of hearing about this ignoramus.

Maybe I'm not understanding the Amici report?

What I understand is that it's individual coaches asking their team to not issue credentials to those reporters. I have no issue with that. Coaches have tried/demanded that certain reporters not be allowed access, Both successfully and unsuccessfully, for various reasons pretty much since the beginning of sports reporting.

If, however, the NBA itself were to do that, I would definitely disagree with that because it removes the choice of players/coaches/teams from making that decision for themselves.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm seriously about to vom because it almost feels like I'm advocating for that sack of shit.

I'm not.

I want him to crawl into a deep, dark hole...

*Preferably the devils ass after bad Indian food *

To never be seen again.

But, if that Amico report is correct and they are gonna start revoking guys credentials that report on that tard, they will....

A. Make him a Martyr

B. Make him even richer

Both things prolong our agony of hearing about this ignoramus.

*Vomits at the picture Mecca painted for me*

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the Lakers had a bad last month - KCP was spending his nights in prison and while he was allowed to leave the jail house(Thank you Mecca for that), it limited him to home games. Brook Lopez was injured and Lonzo Ball missed some games. It was one thing after another. With a full squad, hopefully they can build on tonight's win and move forward.

Best solution is for the Lakers organization is to ignore Lavar Ball and say nothing and direct Lonzo to please not respond to his dad's comments. Keep the internal decisions and etc inside. For now, however I seriously doubt that Luke Walton has lost control of the team and I doubt that the Lakers organization has even considered firing Luke Walton. They already knew that they was placing a lot on a team of rookies, but there is one trade which if the Lakers felt the need to get rid of the drama

Lonzo Ball + Luol Deng for Paul George and suddenly the Lakers had dumped a major headache and problem.

That is not going to happen though - they seem to think that they have corrected LB's shot - I need more than one game to convince me of that though

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the times tells Ramona to cover that clown during the other kids debut and he takes a swipe at Luke, or Carlisle and she reports it, you want the Lakers to rescind her credentials?

In a word...yes. If she covered him and reported it because that was what her employer told her to do, then she and/or the Times would let the team know that. If they still wanted her to cover him, I have no problem with the Lakers (or any other team) saying...then she'll have more time to cover him without having to cover us.

From what I understand, credentials are a privilege, not a right.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily.

If it comes from the league...I agree.

If it comes from individual coaches asking their team to not issue credentials to those reporters, I have no problem with it.
I don't know.

Sometimes you have to do distasteful things in the line of duty.

This is an extreme example....

Remember the picture of the Cop that had to protect the alt right protesters in Charlottesville?

I'm sure that black Dude would have love to let them get their ass handed to them.

But, he did his job.

In fairness, I guess It's kinda like what Cuban did to Macmahon and Stein.

Worked for him, maybe it will for Carlisle too.

Apparently upset with coverage, Mark Cuban revokes two ESPN reporters’ credentials

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a word...yes. If she covered him and reported it because that was what her employer told her to do, then she and/or the Times would let the team know that. If they still wanted her to cover him, I have no problem with the Lakers (or any other team) saying...then she'll have more time to cover him without having to cover us.

From what I understand, credentials are a privilege, not a right.
Damn, that's harsh....lol

I'm tempted to cover my ears and go :lalala:.

But, you got me with the privilege part.

Concede.

fuck-this-shit-im-done.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

Sometimes you have to do distasteful things in the line of duty.

This is an extreme example....

Remember the picture of the Cop that had to protect the alt right protesters in Charlottesville?

I'm sure that black Dude would have love to let them get their assets handed to them.

But, he did his job.

In fairness, I guess It's kinda like what Cuban did to Macmahon and Stein.

Worked for him, maybe it will for Carlisle too.

Apparently upset with coverage, Mark Cuban revokes two ESPN reporters’ credentials

The difference is, it was that police officers sworn duty to protect those alt right folks. It's literally what he's grossly underpaid to do (my Dad was a cop...they are grossly underpaid, imo). He doesn't get to choose who he will or will not protect.

A basketball coach is generally required to talk to the media. However, he does get to choose who he will or will not talk to, just as the teams get to choose who they will or will not allow access to.

The fact that the coach and team have choices in the matter means they get, to a certain extent, to dictate the terms.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that's harsh....lol

I'm tempted to cover my ears and go :lalala:.

But, you got me with the privilege part.

Concede.

fuck-this-shit-im-done.jpg

:shocked: I WON AN ARGUMENT WITH A FEMALE!! That's never happened before. Ask my wife and my ex-wife, every girlfriend I've ever had, my mom, my sister my daughter, my stepdaughters...

Seriously though, it's definitely harsh. I think that it would be far more likely that some kind of agreement could be reached.

As @DJ pointed out earlier, what we are seeing is unprecedented. We could see all kinds of shit we haven't seen before by the time this is over with.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, it was that police officers sworn duty to protect those alt right folks. It's literally what he's grossly underpaid to do (my Dad was a cop...they are grossly underpaid, imo). He doesn't get to choose who he will or will not protect.

A basketball coach is generally required to talk to the media. However, he does get to choose who he will or will not talk to, just as the teams get to choose who they will or will not allow access to.

The fact that the coach and team have choices in the matter means they get, to a certain extent, to dictate the terms.
Fortunately - that is what Luke Walton has friends for. He was quite diplomatic about it, but Carlisle, president of the coaches association came to Luke's defense and skewered Lavar just a bit. It's a tough deal because that is your starting point guard's dad - so you have to put up with that unless it gets bad enough for the Lakers to trade Lonzo Ball - but whoever takes LB has to take Deng - other wise forget it. With Deng gone, the Lakers could rebuild even though Keeping LB should still be #1 priority for the time being.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked: I WON AN ARGUMENT WITH A FEMALE!! That's never happened before. Ask my wife and my ex-wife, every girlfriend I've ever had, my mom, my sister my daughter, my stepdaughters...

Seriously though, it's definitely harsh. I think that it would be far more likely that some kind of agreement could be reached.

As @DJ pointed out earlier, what we are seeing is unprecedented. We could see all kinds of shit we haven't seen before by the time this is over with.
Lmao......you bested me on the censorship argument.

It is not her right to be allowed access to the games nor players.

I can admit when I'm wrong.

I guess this could be seen as the evolution, or the logical next step , in the " Lavar Ball rule " at Staples Center.

As for what's to come, maybe put a " Stage Mom " clause in players contracts?.....lol

Maybe have every single Coach give Popovich like, monosyllabic interviews?

Eta: Concede on @msgkings322 point as well.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just remember though - you won and argument only with one who can't make your life miserable - if you win that argument with your wife - She will make you pay and you really lose:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember though - you won and argument only with one who can't make your life miserable - if you win that argument with your wife - She will make you pay and you really lose:lol:

What makes you think @Mecca won't make me pay? lol

I'm actually kind of scared now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think @Mecca won't make me pay? lol

I'm actually kind of scared now.
Well, I suppose that is a possibility - but to my knowledge she doesn't know where you live? Just don't give her your wife's or daughters contact information - women have a code they follow:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* does some deep knee bends, limbers up*

You might wanna keep your back against the wall at all times.
That reminds me of when me and my mother managed a motel - big 6 foot 250 pound rough character threatened the owner's daughter who was a 5 foot, 120 out slim woman, not to be under-estimated being she was a black belt in Karate.

She smiled and dared him to do it. She says " I wish you would" - Somehow, he was suspicious because she wasn't afraid and got the hell out of there. He comes back and asks my mother why wasn't she afraid of him. Mom says: Oh she is a black belt in Martial arts and would have flipped your fat ass on the ground and pounded you into dirt. :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to add that those people including the owner were a little rough around the edges and little things like being arrested for assault didn't worry them since the tenants did not know where they lived - They would have beat the crap out of those people even though some of them may have had gang affiliations. :lol: