• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has the right to publish whatever they want. But it's the same as free speech, you have the right to say whatever you want - but you'll certainly be judged on it. ESPN as the "flagship" and their struggling numbers and payroll slashing, looks bad publishing that story and giving a blowhard like Lavar Ball the time of day.

I disagree.

We are on here talking about him almost every day. People want to hear what he says because it is so outrageous and they love to hate Lavar. ESPN would be foolish not to cover Lavar, because it brings them additional viewers/site clicks.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

We are on here talking about him almost every day. People want to hear what he says because it is so outrageous and they love to hate Lavar. ESPN would be foolish not to cover Lavar, because it brings them additional viewers/site clicks.

agree on the ratings part for sure...

kind of a shame giving that man air time, though...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on the ratings part for sure...

kind of a shame giving that man air time, though...

That is what media does. They will always cover what brings them the most attention. People pay attention to things they like, but even more to things they hate. Lavar will always be excellent clock bait because people love talking about him. Just like they do on here.

In other words, people complaining about all the attention he gets are actually part of the problem. Treat him like a misbehaving 4 year old. Ignore the behavior, and eventually it will stop. That will never happen though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Just because people want to hear it, doesn't make it quality journalism. As an organization, if you want to start going down the TMZ area, that's on you. Other news outlets aren't focusing their business model on Lavar Ball like ESPN is doing to an extreme.

Personally, I've enjoyed sports for over 20 years before Lavar Ball. When he's gone, I think I'll be okay not talking about him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* looks around nervously *

Anyone know how to watch that shitshow in Lithuania?

....asking for a friend.

*tries to act nonchalant *

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because people want to hear it, doesn't make it quality journalism. As an organization, if you want to start going down the TMZ area, that's on you. Other news outlets aren't focusing their business model on Lavar Ball like ESPN is doing to an extreme.

Personally, I've enjoyed sports for over 20 years before Lavar Ball. When he's gone, I think I'll be okay not talking about him.
Totally agree.

But, Maury Povich started out as a credible reporter, TV personality on current affair. Sadly, he descended into Jerry Springer territory because America couldn't get enough of " You are Not the father".

Idiocy sales.

Lavar is the new Jersey Shore, Real World MTV, Dog the bounty Hunter....

Lets just hope he fades into obscurity just as fast.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

But, Maury Povich started out as a credible reporter, TV personality on current affair. Sadly, he descended into Jerry Springer territory because America couldn't get enough of " You are Not the father".

Idiocy sales.

Did you see what Maury verified twitter account tweeted to Cardi B last week? LMAO

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

Idiocy sales.

Povich started out as a credible reporter? Didn't know that. Did you know when Jerry Springer was the Mayor of Cincinnati he lost his job after he bounced a check to a hooker?:pound:That cheap fucker couldn't even pay cash!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All ESPN is doing is reporting what he says.

If enough people stop watching because they are sick of Lavar, they will stop reporting. Bottom line though, this has nothing to do with credibility. Media makes money when they can create controversy. Nobody is more controversial than Lavar Ball.

ESPN isn't making up stories or reporting incorrect stories here. They are stating facts. Nothing wrong with the journalism there, but maybe there is something wrong with the people who continue to crave more Lavar Ball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN isn't making up stories or reporting incorrect stories here. They are stating facts. Nothing wrong with the journalism there, but maybe there is something wrong with the people who continue to crave more Lavar Ball.

Yep which is why I don't get why people are slamming espn. They're doing their job

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All ESPN is doing is reporting what he says.

If enough people stop watching because they are sick of Lavar, they will stop reporting. Bottom line though, this has nothing to do with credibility. Media makes money when they can create controversy. Nobody is more controversial than Lavar Ball.

And they gave him the spotlight. It's a trickle down effect, which is why other news outlets like FS1, SI, etc.. have covered him as well. It started with ESPN and will at some point end with ESPN.

I never said anything about ESPN making up stories or shoddy reporting; but what's Lavar Ball? He's a player's father, that's it. He has no other credentials, so why is this really a story?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Povich started out as a credible reporter? Didn't know that. Did you know when Jerry Springer was the Mayor of Cincinnati he lost his job after he bounced a check to a hooker?:pound:That cheap fucker couldn't even pay cash!

Knew the guy was a clown and a con artist, but didn't know that. Lovely...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

Idiocy sales.

Fully aware. Society loves drama, it is what it is.

But when the "flagship" prefers drama over sports, everyone else gets in line. They're the market and are swaying it towards TMZ. The thing that's often lost in translation is that all of these other ball players have parents to and they themselves don't feel the need to detract the attention away from their respective kids.

Lavar Ball's a cancer. It's plain and simple.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they gave him the spotlight. It's a trickle down effect, which is why other news outlets like FS1, SI, etc.. have covered him as well. It started with ESPN and will at some point end with ESPN.

I never said anything about ESPN making up stories or shoddy reporting; but what's Lavar Ball? He's a player's father, that's it. He has no other credentials, so why is this really a story?

They only give him the spotlight because for some reason, people care about what he has to say.