• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I feel like my 6am alarm is early lol.

I don't have to get up at 3:30 every morning. Usually it's more like 5.

I can't sleep past 6 anyway. Before my first child was born, I could sleep until 10:30-11:00. Literally, the morning after my wife told me she was pregnant, I woke up at 6 and haven't been able to sleep past that time ever since.

It's like my body just knew that my days of sleeping in were over. Never could get back to sleeping late, even though the kids are in their 20's. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Curry is out with an ankle injury......those don't get better with time. For a guard, it's a bad injury. Especially, if it recurs and you play like Curry does......kind of like a back injury for a big man.

Depends on the injury. If it's just sprains, no big deal. If it's structural, then it could end up being an issue.

-Green and Thompson are going to want a bigger role.....in a few years they both could be gone. You still have a gimpy Curry and Durant (the core) but would be missing 2 huge pieces to the core that made them championship caliber.

Depends. If Thompson and Green like winning titles, they may decide to stick around ala Timmy, Parker, Manu with the Spurs. They may even decide to take less as they get older like Timmy, etc.

And even if they stay, how do you pay everybody and still keep a bench? You can't. The owner is paying it now but he won't/can't pay it forever.

That's what people said when they dumped practically their whole bench to get KD. Then their bench got better. They'll have to be Spurs level smart, but it can definitely be done. It's not that hard to find solid vets willing to take a vet minimum for a shot at a ring.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Curry is out with an ankle injury......those don't get better with time. For a guard, it's a bad injury. Especially, if it recurs and you play like Curry does......kind of like a back injury for a big man.

-Green and Thompson are going to want a bigger role.....in a few years they both could be gone. You still have a gimpy Curry and Durant (the core) but would be missing 2 huge pieces to the core that made them championship caliber.

And even if they stay, how do you pay everybody and still keep a bench? You can't. The owner is paying it now but he won't/can't pay it forever.

On Curry, you're flat out wrong. I've rolled my ankle dozens of times like Curry did this last one. All he needs is rest. Considering Curry's previous ankle issues years ago, he seems to be doing fine. Sprains aren't something that will hinder you the rest of your life. Very different from back issues.

How do you know Green and Thompson want bigger roles? Being part of a consistent franchise that's winning could be sufficient for them, especially if Golden State is committed to properly financing them.

Golden St. is going to have to rely on scouting and interchanging the parts on their bench. They'll have Livingston and Iggy for the next couple of years. They'll have to continue to develop young guys like McCaw and Bell whom seem to be doing okay. Then can re-sign those guys with Bird Rights.

It's not a clear road for success, but it is there. Plus, they'll also get guys on buyouts and veterans on the last legs of their careers like David West that can contribute from the bench.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the Rockets are playing out of their heads....

Rockets are looking impressive. I'll wait and see what they look like in a playoff series against Golden St. first though, if you don't mind.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the injury. If it's just sprains, no big deal. If it's structural, then it could end up being an issue.

Depends. If Thompson and Green like winning titles, they may decide to stick around ala Timmy, Parker, Manu with the Spurs. They may even decide to take less as they get older like Timmy, etc.

That's what people said when they dumped practically their whole bench to get KD. Then their bench got better. They'll have to be Spurs level smart, but it can definitely be done. It's not that hard to find solid vets willing to take a vet minimum for a shot at a ring.

Great minds

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, has anyone ever done layaway @ Wal-Mart before?

I went in there at like 11 am the day after Thanksgiving and they had all that black friday shit still piled to the ceiling.

I got two of the 40 inch TV's for $125 and a Xbox One Call of Duty bundle for $199.

We can never hide stuff from the girls for Xmas because they are nosey as hell.

So, I put them on layaway to keep it out of the house and the deadline to pick them up was today.

When they brought that shit out to us, they gave me two 65 inch Phillips 4k TV's and a X Box X.

I was looking around like they have to be taping me. When I told the Dude he brought the wrong shit, he got mad and said I was stupid and should have just taken it.

I don't know how much those folks get paid. But, the "I don't give a fuckness is strong in that place."
Yea I put some stuff on layaway back in Oct to avoid having to store it here while we packed up for our move. We get our keys tomorrow & I paid the stuff off Friday. I wish they would give me extra crap I didn't buy, lol. I'm taking that stuff & slamming my door so hard.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admittedly go to Walmart quite regularly, purely because they have a wide range of products and they're usually cheaper than other stores.
Exactly...I LOVE Walmart for that reason.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi reportedly didn't look confident at all in that first half, mostly driving and kicking the ball, or not getting any touches at all. He also doesn't start the second half and isn't on the bench.

Fucking hell.
I told you he would need some time to get back in basketball shape. He was out a very long time.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Dipo, we fighting in the locker room...lol

Reminds me of the years Kobe was dragging along Kwame & Smush through the season. SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Portis have been great together as surprising as it seems. They might not want to stay on the same team but sometimes you've gotta roll with the punches and it's worked out well for them.
Yea because now Mirotic knows his lane & he stays in it. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody seems to be thinking this W's team is going to win so many titles.....there's a reason no team has emulated the Celtics dynastic run. It's because it's just not that easy to do.
Welp, 2 outta the last 3 ain't a bad start though....:noidea:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, though... is Kuzma really a guy you give the ball to and get out of the way?
YES
That kid is SPECIAL. When he polishes his game, he will be deadly.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES
That kid is SPECIAL. When he polishes his game, he will be deadly.
I haven't seen this "deadly ISO" Kuzma yet.... not on any kind of routine basis.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram is the closest thing they have to one right now. But, it will be whatever free agent (s) they lure to the Lakers in the off-season.
I think they're both going to be really good - possibly great players. But, at this stage I think Kuzma is more developed in terms of his game. While Ingram has made strides from last season, he still have a long way to go in terms of polishing his game. Kuzma uses vet moves when he is in his zone - and he can take over a game scoring. I think it has to do with that first step - Ingram still hesitates some.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not exactly. What player hasn't sprained his ankle? Stop it DJ. You are putting too much on it, seriously.

Why would Green or Thompson want to go anywhere else? They are playing for a great franchise AND love their team mates AND live in the Bay. Again, where else would they have a better situation? Thompson has already said he would give a discount to stay. I think people who really believe they would want to leave (at this point) are really reaching for invisible straws. If later down the line there's problems in the locker room, or we can start to see one of them is unhappy then maybe we can revisit this idea.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to get up at 3:30 every morning. Usually it's more like 5.

I can't sleep past 6 anyway. Before my first child was born, I could sleep until 10:30-11:00. Literally, the morning after my wife told me she was pregnant, I woke up at 6 and haven't been able to sleep past that time ever since.

It's like my body just knew that my days of sleeping in were over. Never could get back to sleeping late, even though the kids are in their 20's. lol
Same exactly thing for me after I had my son...and he's 21 now.

I be so mad that my daughter can sleep until like 10am. :gaah: