• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. A role player doesn’t average 17 ppg 6 rpg as a rookie. Maybe he will be a very good role player but he is 22, I see him becoming a much better player and that isn’t a role player. He is the Lakers most consistent player so I guess the Lakers only have role players...

He's putting up nice numbers but Ingram is the better player.....it's called the eye test and not looking at stats.

:L at me of all people just said that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I get this job I am interviewing for.....I may be traveling from Rancho to Irvine until I relocate to the OC.

:L

I've done a very similar commute in the past. All I can say is...enjoy the 91. lol

I'd invest in a transponder so you can at least use the carpool lane.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done a very similar commute in the past. All I can say is...enjoy the 91. lol

I'd invest in a transponder so you can at least use the carpool lane.

If I get it, I'll stay overnight at my dad's in Rancho Mission Viejo a few nights a week so I don't have to come all the way home. He said Friday nights because it's worse, but I'll be an extra house guest 2-3 nights during the week.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah exactly. I'm not going to say they're going to win the next 4 titles in a row but would anyone be surprised if they won the chip in 2 or 3 of the next 5 years?

Exactly. If they can keep the core group intact, they are set for a Spurs type run, only with a couple more championships.

They just need to be smart about adding pieces here and there like the Spurs have been.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I get it, I'll stay overnight at my dad's in Rancho Mission Viejo a few nights a week so I don't have to come all the way home. He said Friday nights because it's worse, but I'll be an extra house guest 2-3 nights during the week.

On Friday nights, I used to go to dinner, or a movie or something after work to wait out the traffic.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read through the last few pages....

If you're referencing what @tlance was mentioning about the possibility of 5-7 titles; it's not unheard of and could possibly happen. All of their core pieces are still in their 20's. Lebron won't be playing at this level forever. When he retires, the NBA landscape will change significantly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, though... is Kuzma really a guy you give the ball to and get out of the way?

Depends on the situation, imo. Mostly no.

I think he may be a Derek Fisher type in that regard. Not really a guy who you will look for in those situations, but one that can burn you if you forget about him.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're referencing what @tlance was mentioning about the possibility of 5-7 titles; it's not unheard of and could possibly happen. All of their core pieces are still in their 20's. Lebron won't be playing at this level forever. When he retires, the NBA landscape will change significantly.

-Curry is out with an ankle injury......those don't get better with time. For a guard, it's a bad injury. Especially, if it recurs and you play like Curry does......kind of like a back injury for a big man.

-Green and Thompson are going to want a bigger role.....in a few years they both could be gone. You still have a gimpy Curry and Durant (the core) but would be missing 2 huge pieces to the core that made them championship caliber.

And even if they stay, how do you pay everybody and still keep a bench? You can't. The owner is paying it now but he won't/can't pay it forever.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Curry is out with an ankle injury......those don't get better with time. For a guard, it's a bad injury. Especially, if it recurs and you play like Curry does......kind of like a back injury for a big man.

-Green and Thompson are going to want a bigger role.....in a few years they both could be gone. You still have a gimpy Curry and Durant (the core) but would be missing 2 huge pieces to the core that made them championship caliber.

And even if they stay, how do you pay everybody and still keep a bench? You can't. The owner is paying it now but he won't/can't pay it forever.

Not to mention the Rockets are playing out of their heads....