• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Randolph put up 20 and 10 the year afterward (his punch happened at the end of the year). Bulls fans would probably forget all about this if Portis puts up those numbers.
They probably have bigger worries.

Dunn or Cameron have to pan out.

Love Zack and think he is who they should build around if he gets healthy.

But, it's gonna be a looooooooooooong season.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you. What other similar situations do you have in mind?

(and I hope you aren't referring to any past, fake @ss, pansy scuffles where the parties involved clearly weren't looking to get into a real fight... they were just trying to look tough but came off looking stupid)
@Mecca already gave you some examples.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca already gave you some examples.
Fine... if we're going back decades, there is a very small handful of examples of this type of reaction...

Bobby P joined an exclusive club.

Meanwhile, in that same time period, there are more counter-examples than can possibly be counted of guys going face-to-face but no one getting jacked.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine... if we're going back decades, there is a very small handful of examples of this type of reaction...

Meanwhile, in that same time period, there are more counter-examples than can possibly be counted of guys going face-to-face but no one getting jacked.
Agree.

Somehow this debate has morphed into people thinking we are condoning Portis' actions..

That is not the case.

He deserves to be punished harsher because of the damage.

Both guys were wrong. But, only one ended up with a smashed face.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. My only point is don't bluff if you're not ready for someone to call your bluff.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.....Pippen really hates Chris Paul....lol

Anyone watch the Chris Paul interviews?

Spurs were his choice. But, he thinks Pop will be gone soon.

Hmmmmmmm

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Somehow this debate has morphed into people thinking we are condoning Portis' actions..

That is not the case.

He deserves to be punished harsher because of the damage.

Both guys were wrong. But, only one ended up with a smashed face.

Agreed. My only point is don't bluff if you're not ready for someone to call your bluff.

I may have unintentionally strawmanned both of you.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for tonight!!!!!

Is Fultz good?

He's looked a bit off in preseason, supposedly because of his shoulder. I think he's going to be alright in the long run but it might take half a season for him to really have things click.

I'm so excited to see Ben Simmons in a regular season game.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looked a bit off in preseason, supposedly because of his shoulder. I think he's going to be alright in the long run but it might take half a season for him to really have things click.

I'm so excited to see Ben Simmons in a regular season game.
Better to be rolling at the end of the season rather than have a good start early that fizzles out as the season progresses (commonly happens after AS break). I am hoping another team in the East can take the place of the Raptors. Every post season they are such a disappointment in terms of being competitive against the Cavs.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to be rolling at the end of the season rather than have a good start early that fizzles out as the season progresses (commonly happens after AS break). I am hoping another team in the East can take the place of the Raptors. Every post season they are such a disappointment in terms of being competitive against the Cavs.

Yep, the Raptors are a waste. It's a shame Lowry went back. He could have signed elsewhere and shaken things up. Instead we'll get to see them win 50 games again and struggle against mediocre teams in the playoffs only to get bounced by the Cavs.

Call me crazy but I think the Bucks and Hornets will take a nice step this year. Charlotte has everything in place to be competitive, in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as a 3 or 4 seed in the East.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the Raptors are a waste. It's a shame Lowry went back. He could have signed elsewhere and shaken things up. Instead we'll get to see them win 50 games again and struggle against mediocre teams in the playoffs only to get bounced by the Cavs.

Call me crazy but I think the Bucks and Hornets will take a nice step this year. Charlotte has everything in place to be competitive, in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as a 3 or 4 seed in the East.
I like the Bucks too. If they can take their progress from last season & continue to grow they could be really good. Charlotte, I don't know. They have Howard & he's a bit of a slouch IMO. He rarely gives full effort on a consistent basis & that could make their young guys take steps back wards.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.....Pippen really hates Chris Paul....lol

Anyone watch the Chris Paul interviews?

Spurs were his choice. But, he thinks Pop will be gone soon.

Hmmmmmmm
That's a shame. I hate Paul's flopping antics, but I feel like he wouldn't do that under Pop. Even Ginobili has calmed down over the years, lol. I think Pop once said he would at least stay until Aldridge left, but I truly can't remember. I highly doubt that was the deciding factor in Paul's choice, though. Him, Kawhi, Gay and Aldridge would be lethal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm so excited to see Ben Simmons
in a regular season game.
Me too.

My GAWD if he gets his jumper going.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After last night's game, deserved shot imo.

Pretty terrible showing by everyone not named Draymond and Klay. I thought even KD had a pretty mediocre game at best on the defensive side. Curry was reaching. And I have no idea what McCaw, Livingston and Young were doing on rotations. Bell did pretty well for a rook, and he just got did up by superior offensive players.