• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 spring training cuts

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is on KNBR and MLBNetwork tomorrow. 12:00pm on KNBR, 1:00pm tape delay on the tube. That is, unless you live in the LA area and get FSWest, then you can watch it live.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crick looked iffy today/Gardick imploded/Broadway gagged.
I'm happy if these guys sort themselves out in ST so that they don't hurt us in the regular season.

Gonna have to win the West this year. Every game counts.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards just lost Jhonny Peralta for 3+ months. What will they pay for Ehire?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards just lost Jhonny Peralta for 3+ months. What will they pay for Ehire?
Maybe that's fun to think about. The board here is certainly dormant for now. But:

1) We are thin enough on the infield as it is. You yourself were having nightmares about Duffy being injured and what we would do.

2) what could we get from them that would be of any value?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) We are thin enough on the infield as it is. You yourself were having nightmares about Duffy being injured and what we would do.
I do believe we are thin. But I also thing EA is done with us. KT is the Util1 and I like the idea of Blanks or Gonnor getting the other spot. Even Lee or Green would be better options than EA at this point.

I do not expect to get a blue-chipper, but I expect EA to get DFA'd by the end of spring anyway.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe we are thin. But I also thing EA is done with us. KT is the Util1 and I like the idea of Blanks or Gonnor getting the other spot. Even Lee or Green would be better options than EA at this point.

I do not expect to get a blue-chipper, but I expect EA to get DFA'd by the end of spring anyway.

I think Gillaspie will be the other utility guy and I fully expect EA to be gone, so getting something for him would be a bonus.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's fun to think about. The board here is certainly dormant for now. But:

Even if the infield is thin, there are enough minor league signees that make Adrianza expendable. That says more about Adrianza than about the other guys. He's had his chance. Remember, he was dfa'd once before and no one took a flyer on him. He stuck around, hit well in triple A and got another shot. He's decent, but there are plenty of decent middle infielders on the market.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that we are thin in the infield. Every starting position is filled, and every backup spot will be filled by somebody already in camp. Not only is every spot filled, almost every IF is home-grown. Kelby can handle all the IF spots up the middle and to the left (4, 5, 6) and all Ehire had going for him was his defense. Trade him for an 'A' or 'AA' -level player with upside. You never know what may come back in a trade. I still can't believe that we got Kontos back from the Yankers for that sack of shit Chris Stewart.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that we are thin in the infield. Every starting position is filled, and every backup spot will be filled by somebody already in camp. Not only is every spot filled, almost every IF is home-grown. Kelby can handle all the IF spots up the middle and to the left (4, 5, 6) and all Ehire had going for him was his defense. Trade him for an 'A' or 'AA' -level player with upside. You never know what may come back in a trade. I still can't believe that we got Kontos back from the Yankers for that sack of shit Chris Stewart.
This isn't the first time that someone had strong words about Stewart. What was it about him that has you all so angry?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at Maryvale tomorrow to see SammyJam pitch vs. the Brewers, and maybe Pence get a PH appearance. Fri and Sat are the Cubbies and A'ss I think, before returning to Scottsdale Stadium to see the lads on Sunday. I'll report in as I can.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at Maryvale tomorrow to see SammyJam pitch vs. the Brewers, and maybe Pence get a PH appearance. Fri and Sat are the Cubbies and A'ss I think, before returning to Scottsdale Stadium to see the lads on Sunday. I'll report in as I can.

Edit: Not SammyJam tomorrow, but rather Stratton.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you been to the Chubs new digs in Mesa? Much nicer than Hohokam, which is now the A'sssss dump. Parking at Hohokam is just awful. Then again, parking at Maryvale is no picnic, either.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been to the Chubs new digs in Mesa? Much nicer than Hohokam, which is now the A'sssss dump. Parking at Hohokam is just awful. Then again, parking at Maryvale is no picnic, either.

I have not been to the new Chubs Stadium. I have been to HoHoKam and it is dumpy. We go to Maryvale every year (one of our guys is from Milwaukee) but THIS year we are both happy. Parking on that dirt/grass area can be a drag, but the good news is that the traffic flow getting out is generally pretty good.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the first time that someone had strong words about Stewart. What was it about him that has you all so angry?

It quite possibly was MY angry words. Stewart was (IMHO) a last-place backup catcher (when with the Giants) - (some) defense, virtually no offense. Hector Sanchez actually hit better than him, which says a lot. Kontos is cream, Stewart was curdled milk.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know why the vitriol shown in this statement had me laughing hysterically but based on how that read, you would think that Stewart slapped a mushroom bruise on Marco's sister's forehead.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It quite possibly was MY angry words. Stewart was (IMHO) a last-place backup catcher (when with the Giants) - (some) defense, virtually no offense. Hector Sanchez actually hit better than him, which says a lot. Kontos is cream, Stewart was curdled milk.
Thanks for the explanation. Not his fault that the Giants didn't have someone ready to replace Posey when he went down. I thought Stewart was better than Whiteside offensively but that's not saying much. The closest they had to help in the minor leagues, until Sanchez was ready in September, was Johnny Monell at double A and he wasn't hitting that well. Yet another reason that Posey going down that year was a huge loss for the team.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woulda preferred Cueto had a better debut, ST or no. Not being NN, but just saying.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woulda preferred Cueto had a better debut, ST or no. Not being NN, but just saying.
Yes. All thing being equal, I would prefer all our players batting 1.000 and all of our pitchers throwing perfect innings.

That said, this is practice. Practice. Practice. We're talking about practice. Practice.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. All thing being equal, I would prefer all our players batting 1.000 and all of our pitchers throwing perfect innings.

That said, this is practice. Practice. Practice. We're talking about practice. Practice.
marge-gunderson-163-image.jpg

"No cause to get snippy!"