• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see the titans passing on Laremy Tunsil because Mariota took a beating this year. Then i don't see the browns passing on Bosa if he is there.

agree on Tunsil, IF he is the best LT out there, then that's their pick.

the Browns are similar to us, they have to take a hard look at QB. should they also feel none are worth it, Bosa sounds good.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on Tunsil, IF he is the best LT out there, then that's their pick.

the Browns are similar to us, they have to take a hard look at QB. should they also feel none are worth it, Bosa sounds good.

I think titans have to go LT with their first pick because the the left tackles in the later rounds are going to need more seasoning. The browns may take a hard look at qb but if bosa is there they will not pass on him because they need d-line help and can get a qb in the second or third rounds.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think titans have to go LT with their first pick because the the left tackles in the later rounds are going to need more seasoning. The browns may take a hard look at qb but if bosa is there they will not pass on him because they need d-line help and can get a qb in the second or third rounds.

Maybe they take Tunsil with the first pick, but they just drafted Lewan out of Michigan with the 11th pick in 2014. He also plays left tackle, so unless they're willing to admit that he's not their guy at that spot OR move him on the line, maybe to right tackle, I don't think the'll draft Tunsil. The other two top OL play LT, so if they want an off lineman, they'll need to get creative. Since I'm a Ducks/Mariota fan, I hope they do get a good OL.

IF we take a QB, don't sleep on this guy. I don't think he gets past the 2nd round.

Ranked #3, 4, or 5 QB, depending on who you ask.

NorthDakotaState_logo.gifCarson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.85.
Projected Round (2016): 1-3.
12/17/15: Sources have said they really like Wentz's skill set and he has the potential to grade out as an early-round pick, even a first-rounder. For that to happen, Wentz is going to have to dominate at the Senior Bowl.

Wentz missed the end of the season with a broken wrist. This year, he completed 64 percent of his passes for 1,669 yards with 16 touchdowns and two interceptions. Wentz also had four rushing touchdowns.

As a junior, Wentz completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,111 yard with 25 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also had six touchdowns on the ground. Wentz was a backup as a freshman and sophomore.
Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Draft: Quarterback Rankings

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am torn on what they need to do at #7 but I don't think QB is the answer this year because I don't like any of them and they can really improve the rest of the squad but if they do go QB so be it. Like Louie I kind of like Wentz as a 2nd or 3rd round guy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe they take Tunsil with the first pick, but they just drafted Lewan out of Michigan with the 11th pick in 2014. He also plays left tackle, so unless they're willing to admit that he's not their guy at that spot OR move him on the line, maybe to right tackle, I don't think the'll draft Tunsil. The other two top OL play LT, so if they want an off lineman, they'll need to get creative. Since I'm a Ducks/Mariota fan, I hope they do get a good OL.

IF we take a QB, don't sleep on this guy. I don't think he gets past the 2nd round.

Ranked #3, 4, or 5 QB, depending on who you ask.

View attachment 73388Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.85.
Projected Round (2016): 1-3.
12/17/15: Sources have said they really like Wentz's skill set and he has the potential to grade out as an early-round pick, even a first-rounder. For that to happen, Wentz is going to have to dominate at the Senior Bowl.

Wentz missed the end of the season with a broken wrist. This year, he completed 64 percent of his passes for 1,669 yards with 16 touchdowns and two interceptions. Wentz also had four rushing touchdowns.

As a junior, Wentz completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,111 yard with 25 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also had six touchdowns on the ground. Wentz was a backup as a freshman and sophomore.
Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Draft: Quarterback Rankings

yeah, if we find no value in Round 1, then keep looking for value in Round 2. Don't know if this is the guy specificially, but a Round 2 QB is ok. I wouldn't expect miracles from him, or at least not immediate miracles, but we're in a tough spot now. We can't keep waiting for the 'perfect' draft pick, or perfect FA.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am torn on what they need to do at #7 but I don't think QB is the answer this year because I don't like any of them and they can really improve the rest of the squad but if they do go QB so be it. Like Louie I kind of like Wentz as a 2nd or 3rd round guy.

I don't know i like goff and if you can trade back and get him then do it. I honestly think he just needs to sit a year or two and bulk up and learn the game. He isn't an aaron rodgers but he can be better than andy dalton. Which based on our recent qb play i would take in an heart beat.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know i like goff and if you can trade back and get him then do it. I honestly think he just needs to sit a year or two and bulk up and learn the game. He isn't an aaron rodgers but he can be better than andy dalton. Which based on our recent qb play i would take in an heart beat.

There aren't any standout QBs in this draft. I would take Goff over Lynch. I think if Cleveland passes on Goff, he might drop down to us

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't any standout QBs in this draft. I would take Goff over Lynch. I think if Cleveland passes on Goff, he might drop down to us

if bosa is there at two they definitely pass on goff and i don't see the cowboys taking a qb at number 4

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

even IF there was a standout QB, he wouldn't fall to us. Unless we get the #1 pick, no standout QB will fall to us in any draft.

From what little we've read, i'd take Goff too. He is the better passer and that is what the NFL is about. Being athletic does help, but only AFTER you can pass too. Even if Goff can't "hail mary' it downfield, as long as he can make the necessary NFL throws, fine with me.

i'd be ok if he sat one season, but not two complete ones. IF he needs two full seasons of sitting, then he's likely not worth #7 overall.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if bosa is there at two they definitely pass on goff and i don't see the cowboys taking a qb at number 4

Neither do i.

it APPEARS none of the top 10 teams are in bad need of a QB, except Cleveland? The Bears at #10 have Cutler with a large contract. New Orleans is #11 and might trade up should they part with Brees. Brees has a LARGE cap hit.

So while a team might still trade up ahead of us, the odds doesn't seem high? Even from #11 to #6 is a big move.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just not sold on any of them that's all Goff has shown flashes and yeah he did only throw 13 INT's but it's at least one a game this year. I wouldn't break my TV if they took Goff I'm just not sure I would move up for him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just not sold on any of them that's all Goff has shown flashes and yeah he did only throw 13 INT's but it's at least one a game this year. I wouldn't break my TV if they took Goff I'm just not sure I would move up for him.

if we don't go QB, there are a bunch of DE's and OT's. Some CB's LB's, but none seem to be pass rush 'monsters'?

It'll be a tough call but all things 'equal', rather go LT then DE, before LB (if not good pass rusher) or CB. I know LT is tough because of Staley, but hopefully he'll be athletic enough to play either side. i know DE is tough too, but winning the LOS is big for defense (run and pass). Rotate those guys and we're tough all season, including play-offs. :-)

a CB would be nice no doubt, but our line is more pressing.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i would say three to four of those picks were his recievers faults. The utah game he throw four or five and three of them were because his recievers were dropping passes and they would then get picked off.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even IF there was a standout QB, he wouldn't fall to us. Unless we get the #1 pick, no standout QB will fall to us in any draft.

From what little we've read, i'd take Goff too. He is the better passer and that is what the NFL is about. Being athletic does help, but only AFTER you can pass too. Even if Goff can't "hail mary' it downfield, as long as he can make the necessary NFL throws, fine with me.

i'd be ok if he sat one season, but not two complete ones. IF he needs two full seasons of sitting, then he's likely not worth #7 overall.

I only said two based on how gabbert performs because rodgers sat three years and i know brett farve but it might be worth it. Davis is coming back so if trent brown could slide to right or left gaurd with tiller i believe we will be fine. I think qb has to be addressed this year because 2017 i don't feel comfortable with giving gabbert the team with out someone being groomed behind him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I only said two based on how gabbert performs because rodgers sat three years and i know brett farve but it might be worth it. Davis is coming back so if trent brown could slide to right or left gaurd with tiller i believe we will be fine. I think qb has to be addressed this year because 2017 i don't feel comfortable with giving gabbert the team with out someone being groomed behind him.

that is fine, but if someone projects to sit two years, then consider drafting that guy in round 2.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland goes QB especially if the new head coach wants his own. Manziel has been such a headcase that they'll probably release him. If the Niners pass on a QB, then I hope they take a LT. The OL was so horrible this year. Anthony Davis is suppose to come back next season, but will he be in playing shape? I agree with Deep that if Niners take Goff, let him sit next year and learn the playbook. Maybe have him play the last four games of the season if the Niners are out of playoff contention which will be the case. Baalke needs to hit on this draft. Niners need talent and help on this roster, especially on the offensive side.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft J. Smith in the 2nd rd. He will miss next year but what a talent. he was a top 5 talent.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft J. Smith in the 2nd rd. He will miss next year but what a talent. he was a top 5 talent.

exactly if they could land him it would be great.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

is this an "IR" situation again? don't know his injury or extent of it, but if this is an IR situation, my opinion is NO.

Carradine was considered a top 10 talent.