• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, we all like most of these top guys and to me, it is 'equal' value now that Goff is gone. IF it is equal, clearly our O-line was very weak last season.
And we lost Boone this year. Ne might not have been really good but still was one of our better lineman.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of them still can, Acker and Reaser only have a year experience so they still have room to grow. I believe the corners were hurt last year by a lack of pass rush and Mangini's defensive schemes.

yes, those things didn't help at all.

So IF you project ONE of these guys to become a consistent starter, at $1M per year......versus Norman at $16M per year........will we get $15M MORE in level of play? Ok, it won't be $15M a year, but you guys get the point.

If we had a contending team, i wouldn't even ask this question.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like I said he was a 5th round pick out of a small school and plays with a chip on his shoulder and looked great last year doing it and has been solid previously he would be an improvement over anything on the roster or likely anything they would draft at #7 for a CB. Also if they structure the contract right they could get out of it without having to take a huge cap hit.

Being a fifth rounder with a chip on your shoulder is irrelevant. What is relevant, is that Norman did nothing at all until last year, and now wants to be the highest paid cornerback in football. This is a guy who plays Cover 3....he isn't a straight up man guy.

Any team that coughs up the money that Josh Norman is seeking is only emulating the Raiders of a few years ago. The only way I'd do any deal with him would be something similar to Kaepernick's deal....he's got to prove he's worth it, and so far, he hasn't proven anything.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a fifth rounder with a chip on your shoulder is irrelevant. What is relevant, is that Norman did nothing at all until last year, and now wants to be the highest paid cornerback in football. This is a guy who plays Cover 3....he isn't a straight up man guy.

Any team that coughs up the money that Josh Norman is seeking is only emulating the Raiders of a few years ago. The only way I'd do any deal with him would be something similar to Kaepernick's deal....he's got to prove he's worth it, and so far, he hasn't proven anything.

I would side with you on this one. Based on what this guy seems to want in pay, I just don't see the fit with us. He is about to turn 29 and we are at least a couple of years away best case scenario from competing. So I don't see the point in spending that kind of cash on a corner. Would rather have spent FO money on an olineman that was still had some years left

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep.

Norman didn't sign his tender for $14M, so he won't be signing for anything less. Without more 'track record', this is what Baalke said with "buying stocks at its high". So don't see Baalke making Norman our highest paid player.

Not blaming Norman either, this is his chance and he needs to make the most of it. He'll just find out which team is the highest bidder, and go there. It might very well be Carolina.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington in the lead right now for his services.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are the relative advantages of man vs. zone defenses in the NFL? - Quora

i'd think all teams play a mixture of Man and Zone, so depends on which side your D leans to? That depends on your current personnel and i guess, the DC's comfort zone?

So, how good is our D-line in applying pressure by themselves? The clear answer is not good, so looks like we prefer Man if possible. We know Norman is very good in zone, how good is he in Man?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been saying it for 4 months now. Build the Oline then the QB. If you can do both at the same time great. Im ok with Stanley at #7. I have a feeling 49ers trade back into the 1st to grab Lynch.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been saying it for 4 months now. Build the Oline then the QB. If you can do both at the same time great. Im ok with Stanley at #7. I have a feeling 49ers trade back into the 1st to grab Lynch.

I wouldn't mind Stanley or Buckner with the 7th pick. Either the Niners trade up later in the 1st round to grab Lynch or stay put in the 2nd round and draft Cook. Then maybe an OL in the 3rd round (if Stanley isn't the pick) or a DL in the 3rd round (if Buckner isn't the pick).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Stanley or Buckner with the 7th pick. Either the Niners trade up later in the 1st round to grab Lynch or stay put in the 2nd round and draft Cook. Then maybe an OL in the 3rd round (if Stanley isn't the pick) or a DL in the 3rd round (if Buckner isn't the pick).
I with you on Stanley and Buckner. i like both.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the Young Dline we would have with Armstead and Buckner. Wow

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yeah, this looks about right for Rounds 1 and 2.

Unless Baalke makes a 'surprise' pick at #7, i'll be fine no matter. Cause we'll add a top prospect at #7 and wouldn't need to be convinced, he's BPA. Seems like all these guys - except Bosa due to fit - are 'equal' value.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Imagine the Young Dline we would have with Armstead and Buckner. Wow

yep, their length makes the running lane a LITTLE bit smaller. Their length makes the passing lanes a LITTLE bit smaller. Add Dial at NT for passing downs, "Hands Up!"

everyone behind them will function better, similar (not same) to the Ray McDonald and Justin Smith combo. They allowed all the LB's to shine even brighter.

i would be more than fine with Buckner, but given a choice, i'd take Stanley. I view all these top guys as 'equal' value, so falling back to Need means LT. God knows our O-line is currently pathetic, and lets not depend on Ant. Davis returning.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, their length makes the running lane a LITTLE bit smaller. Their length makes the passing lanes a LITTLE bit smaller. Add Dial at NT for passing downs, "Hands Up!"

everyone behind them will function better, similar (not same) to the Ray McDonald and Justin Smith combo. They allowed all the LB's to shine even brighter.

i would be more than fine with Buckner, but given a choice, i'd take Stanley. I view all these top guys as 'equal' value, so falling back to Need means LT. God knows our O-line is currently pathetic, and lets not depend on Ant. Davis returning.
Yeah because we might be able to get a DL/ pass rusher in the 2nd rd like Spence or one of the other guys.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sakamoto: Why 49ers May Trade With Chargers or Cowboys For DB Jalen Ramsey

Now that top two QB's are "off the board", don't see why we should trade up? Yes, Ramsey IS a top prospect and we could certainly use him too. But all these remaining guys are top prospects we could use.

We should only trade up for one of the QBs, otherwise just stay put or trade down. I don't see a non QB standout in this draft worthy of trading up for especially now that the 1st two picks will mostly be QBs meaning the other position players will now drop down

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a Question: Would you trade for Bradford. Eagles have to make a trade with one of their QB's. They have bradford making 18 mill and 22 Guaranteed, Daniels making 7 mill per and 12 mill guaranteed and 1st rd QB will make around 24 mill guaranteed.

Im not a big Bradford fan but him knowing Kelly offense might make the transition a little easier. I wouldnt trade more then a 5th rd because Eagles have no power. Then I would trade Kap to Denver right away and find a way to make it happen. I would still draft a QB in rd 2 or 3 because you still want to find a franchise QB and him sitting for 2 years would be nice.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is a Question: Would you trade for Bradford. Eagles have to make a trade with one of their QB's. They have bradford making 18 mill and 22 Guaranteed, Daniels making 7 mill per and 12 mill guaranteed and 1st rd QB will make around 24 mill guaranteed.

Im not a big Bradford fan but him knowing Kelly offense might make the transition a little easier. I wouldnt trade more then a 5th rd because Eagles have no power. Then I would trade Kap to Denver right away and find a way to make it happen. I would still draft a QB in rd 2 or 3 because you still want to find a franchise QB and him sitting for 2 years would be nice.

don't mind but as you outlined, depends on who stays and the cost? We would have to deal Kaep first, before entertaining this trade. Unless there is such a thing as a simultaneous trade?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't mind but as you outlined, depends on who stays and the cost? We would have to deal Kaep first, before entertaining this trade. Unless there is such a thing as a simultaneous trade?
Yes because once we trade for Bradford, we lose power with any Kap trade. Kap trae would have to happen 1st. Im actually ok with this trade because we get a starting QB(basically for a 5th), and then we can go OL in the 1st rd and then a DL/OLB in the 2nd rd. This would improve our team. Im not worried about the 18 mill because we have the most Cap sapace and Kap makes 11.9 mill so we would only be adding 6 mill. Not bad.