• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They gave up a lot. It seems there are a lot of Philly fans that dont like the move. Has anything ever happened like this before with two teams trading up at the same time to move up one and two? I can't remember a time anyway

Nope.

you wouldn't expect this type of trade anymore, after seeing how the RG III trade worked out. Not to say don't ever do it, but unless there is an "Andrew Luck" or "Peyton Manning", just too risky?

Now Goff or Wentz could very well become 'franchise' - i DO like Goff - but the odds are against them. Many QB's are good starters but how many become 'franchise'?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did give a lot. So the good news for us Fans we know 49ers will not be taking a QB in the 1st rd. Other good news a top prospect will fall to us. Im happy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

you wouldn't expect this type of trade anymore, after seeing how the RG III trade worked out. Not to say don't ever do it, but unless there is an "Andrew Luck" or "Peyton Manning", just too risky?

Now Goff or Wentz could very well become 'franchise' - i DO like Goff - but the odds are against them. Many QB's are good starters but how many become 'franchise'?
Not many

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. We can say no Goff or Wentz. I still think the 49ers draft a QB with Gabbert being the only sure thing right now. Who do we draft? Lynch or Cook?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update so far: Sportshoopla Mock Draft: Team 49ers:
1st rd: Dodd DE from Clemson
1st rd: Paxton Lynch QB from Memphis
2nd rd: Nick Martin C from ND
2nd rd: Kendall Fuller CB from VT
3rd RD: Vadal Alexander OG from LSU
4th Rd: Cole Toner OT from Harvard
5th rd: Josh Forrest ILB from Kentucky
6th rd: Daniel Braverman, Slot WR, Western Michigan(go look at the OSU game. Kid can play).
6th rd: Aaron Wallace - OLB - UCLA
7th rd: Beau Sandland, TE, Montana State

49ers Draft is Complete.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok. We can say no Goff or Wentz. I still think the 49ers draft a QB with Gabbert being the only sure thing right now. Who do we draft? Lynch or Cook?

i'd be fine with Lynch, Cook, Prescott, Hogan, etc., it just depends what round? Draft one when value arises, sooner or later one will provide value.

not expecting one of these guys to become a franchise QB, just consistent enough so the TEAM can win. First of all, consistent in reducing mistakes (turnovers, taking sacks, delay of game, etc.). Then consistent enough to operate the offense, a game manager. He might only get 250 yards passing a game, but a consistent 250 beats 125 (Kaep) every other game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

I just read on NN, the top two picks being traded happened three times in NFL history. 1967,1975, and 1997

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd be fine with Lynch, Cook, Prescott, Hogan, etc., it just depends what round? Draft one when value arises, sooner or later one will provide value.

not expecting one of these guys to become a franchise QB, just consistent enough so the TEAM can win. First of all, consistent in reducing mistakes (turnovers, taking sacks, delay of game, etc.). Then consistent enough to operate the offense, a game manager. He might only get 250 yards passing a game, but a consistent 250 beats 125 (Kaep) every other game.

That's Kaep on a good day. I'm with you. Niners need a QB who is competent and consistent. He doesn't need to be spectacular, just manage the game. Throw for 225 yards and a couple of TDs.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Kaep on a good day. I'm with you. Niners need a QB who is competent and consistent. He doesn't need to be spectacular, just manage the game. Throw for 225 yards and a couple of TDs.
I am wondering if that will work. Was good enough when we had a top 5 defense but I don't know that we will have a D like that in the near future

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to both the Eagles and Rams for getting their guy(s). I don't care much who the 49ers draft in the first, but I guess they'll get someone of high caliber. I actually wouldn't mind trading back, and getting more (and future) picks because at some point, they're gonna need a QB....unless they luck out on some 2nd/3rd rounder.

I only can hope they don't waste their time with 4+ round QB's.....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am wondering if that will work. Was good enough when we had a top 5 defense but I don't know that we will have a D like that in the near future

Are there other options for QB?

I'm not thinking this QB will be it for 10 years, but we do need to address QB. Kaep is likely gone and Gabbert is signed for one more year. Ideally we draft Goff, but since we can't, lets still get someone in. Point is you plan for the next 4 years with his selection.

We will keep looking at QB's EACH draft.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to both the Eagles and Rams for getting their guy(s). I don't care much who the 49ers draft in the first, but I guess they'll get someone of high caliber. I actually wouldn't mind trading back, and getting more (and future) picks because at some point, they're gonna need a QB....unless they luck out on some 2nd/3rd rounder.

I only can hope they don't waste their time with 4+ round QB's.....
In a perfect world for me I would like to see the 49ers trade for wilkerson(swap picks and some extra), sign Norman and then with the 20th pick pick up Lynch or if you like one of the other QBs wait for the 2nd rd and then draft a OL. With lynch we get our QB, DL in wilkerson and #1 Cb in Norman. Man I would love it. We would be right back in the race. D would be a top D and offense would improve under kelly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Rams and Eagles over paid big time. They killed their draft for the next 2 years for so so QBs. Crazy. I understand they went and got their guy but this isn't Manning or Luck coming out of college.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Josh Norman became a free agent, I think it's time for Baalke to get his head out of his @$$ and spend some money on a legit CB. I'm hoping for a top OT because the line is terrible and their is a ton of depth on the d-line in this class.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Josh Norman became a free agent, I think it's time for Baalke to get his head out of his @$$ and spend some money on a legit CB. I'm hoping for a top OT because the line is terrible and their is a ton of depth on the d-line in this class.

Yea, but I just don't see Baalke pulling the trigger on this. Not that kind of cash. I'm sure the 49ers because of their cap space will be rumored to be in the hunt but like all other rumors it will go nowhere.