• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after reading up on it Jaylon Smith's injury would appear to be fairly severe and he'll be dropping in the draft probably to day 3.
I wouldn't want him unless he really fell far. I understood the IR draft strategy back in 2012/2013 when the roster was stacked. But the roster is depleted of known talent and full of question marks. This team can no longer afford to gamble on these types of players. Baalke & Co have missed on enough healthy players let alone injury risks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade to 4 with the cowboys if Wentz fell to 4. We wouldn't have to give up much and cowboys suck at trading.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup....I think I can get on board of trading up to get Wentz. Given that we have the ammunition (12 draft picks) the fact that we draft so highly, and it's the greatest position of need in a league that relies far more on a QB than any other. The whole 'get good value in the third round' is nonsense to me, and you simply can't hope to be in a Colts/Luck situation year after year until we finally get a crack at an elite guy.

Oh I'll give a 'best player available' in the first round and someone like Connor Cook in the second a chance....but I cannot get excited for a future like that.

12 draft picks is deceiving because Cleveland is only interested in Rounds 1, 2, and 3. For us to get #2, we're including next year high picks too. Our nine (9) other picks we can keep.

i'm not saying a 3rd round QB will be a franchise guy, am saying thats ok for now, versus trading away the farm.

Again, Wentz is one of two best for THIS draft only, this isn't saying he's a franchise prospect. Don't be blinded because this years draft is weak at QB. We read a few guys think these two aren't even as good as Winston and Mariota?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want him unless he really fell far. I understood the IR draft strategy back in 2012/2013 when the roster was stacked. But the roster is depleted of known talent and full of question marks. This team can no longer afford to gamble on these types of players. Baalke & Co have missed on enough healthy players let alone injury risks

It basically sounds like he's going to be a 5th round or later pick.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been sold on either guy but I have kind of liked Wentz more than Goff myself. I'm not sure what it is maybe that he's a winner, or just seems to have natural leadership skills I'm not sure what but that's just been my gut feeling.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but u don't want another team to move up. Beat the others to the punch.

If we wanted to beat other people to the punch we should of traded up to the number 1 spot but since we didn't their is no point of mortgaging picks with all the holes currently present on this team

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 draft picks is deceiving because Cleveland is only interested in Rounds 1, 2, and 3. For us to get #2, we're including next year high picks too. Our nine (9) other picks we can keep.

i'm not saying a 3rd round QB will be a franchise guy, am saying thats ok for now, versus trading away the farm.

Again, Wentz is one of two best for THIS draft only, this isn't saying he's a franchise prospect. Don't be blinded because this years draft is weak at QB. We read a few guys think these two aren't even as good as Winston and Mariota?

Nobody is 'blinded,' and I have read opinions - Mike Mayock - that put Goff/Wentz ahead of Winston/Mariota. I have also heard that next year's QB class is garbage, so I guess if anything, we'll be picking up someone like Hogan or Cook (if we get a QB).

It could be moot anyways, because I heard this morning that Alex Marvez is reporting that the Eagles apparently are offering both their #3's this year, plus a 1st and 3rd next year to move up to #2.

Bring on a DT or an LB or whatever in the first round....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is 'blinded,' and I have read opinions - Mike Mayock - that put Goff/Wentz ahead of Winston/Mariota. I have also heard that next year's QB class is garbage, so I guess if anything, we'll be picking up someone like Hogan or Cook (if we get a QB).

It could be moot anyways, because I heard this morning that Alex Marvez is reporting that the Eagles apparently are offering both their #3's this year, plus a 1st and 3rd next year to move up to #2.

Bring on a DT or an LB or whatever in the first round....
WOw thats alot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update so far: Sportshoopla Mock Draft: Team 49ers:
1st rd: Dodd DE from Clemson
1st rd: Paxton Lynch QB from Memphis
2nd rd: Nick Martin C from ND
2nd rd: Kendall Fuller CB from VT
3rd RD: Vadal Alexander OG from LSU
4th Rd: Cole Toner OT from Harvard
5th rd: Josh Forrest ILB from Kentucky
6th rd: Daniel Braverman, Slot WR, Western Michigan(go look at the OSU game. Kid can play).
6th rd: Aaron Wallace - OLB - UCLA

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rogers Mock Draft: Browns trade No. 2 pick in blockbuster trade

In this scenario, i wouldn't take Paxton Lynch. Pretty sure no one else on this board, would either. i would take Buckner. Again, not an 'efficient' pick if you're only looking at this season. But if you look at this over 5 or more seasons, it starts on the line.

my next choice would be Hargreaves since i'm not quite sure if Shaq Lawson is THAT good? However, if these two guys are pretty close in value, i'd take the Lawson.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Pro Football Focus:

DeForest Buckner, DI, Oregon

If the 49ers don’t manage to snag a quarterback in the top 10, it almost certainly means that one of the top defensive prospects in the draft has slipped down to them. With 3-4 defensive end not considered to be an exciting position, that could mean San Francisco gets the chance to pair last year’s first-round draft pick, Arik Armstead, with fellow a Oregon alumnus. Buckner was our highest graded interior defender in 2015, racking up 67 total pressures over the course of the season.

Not pushing for Buckner over everybody, but saying no problem for me if he's the pick.

Looking at the next 5 years, we know Arik started well already, so these two guys would make it easier for everybody behind them. Dial would be the good "rotation" guy, not to mention injuries are inevitable.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WOw thats alot.

yeah, and is why i'm not getting "being bold"?

i'm certainly not in favor of trading two 1st's and two 3rd's for #2. while i do like Goff a lot, neither he nor Wentz are considered top prospects. They are just the best for THIS class.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles just traded to #2. Looks like both Goff and Wentz gone. Looks like no QB first round for us

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for two 1st's and two 3rd's?
They gave up a lot. It seems there are a lot of Philly fans that dont like the move. Has anything ever happened like this before with two teams trading up at the same time to move up one and two? I can't remember a time anyway