• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade idea for Wilkerson from the Jets for swap 1st rd pick and another pick. We get a Top DT/DE in the league and we still get a 1st rd pick. Drafting Lynch at 20 wouldn't be bad.

I agree we should swap 1st with the jets for wilkerson and a second round pick

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for swapping 1st round position with the Jets, we get Wilkerson AND a 2nd round pick?

Yes, i think that would be a good trade in my eyes. We get a de and we can still grab a qb in the first round maybe lynch or cook. Plus it would allow us to avoid drafting buckner who is overrated

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we take one THIS draft soon as there is good value. There seems to be 4-5 guys who're worth drafting, just much later.

What happens if there never is good value? Then we don't draft any QB for the sake of drafting one. We can bring in UDFA or another vet like Lewis.

'Good value' isn't good enough for me. This isn't some DT or RG or SS we're talking about....this is the QB position, by far the most important position on the field. Houston can have all the JJ Watts they desire, but there was a reason why they spent franchise QB money on a guy who has played basically only a half of a year. The Rams can have all the pass rushers, and the most exciting young running back in the game, but it means nothing without the QB - a problem they clearly addressed.

SF NEEDS a quarterback. They need to seize the opportunity to inject what is commonly accepted as a top-tiered guy in the draft. I'll give say, Cook or Hogan, a chance, but the facts say that you are more likely to succeed by taking these guys in the first. At some point, I'd rather see us take a chance to move up to get THE guy, rather than relying on 'good value' falling to us.

Goff is the ONLY player in this draft that moves the needle for me.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
'Good value' isn't good enough for me. This isn't some DT or RG or SS we're talking about....this is the QB position, by far the most important position on the field. Houston can have all the JJ Watts they desire, but there was a reason why they spent franchise QB money on a guy who has played basically only a half of a year. The Rams can have all the pass rushers, and the most exciting young running back in the game, but it means nothing without the QB - a problem they clearly addressed.

SF NEEDS a quarterback. They need to seize the opportunity to inject what is commonly accepted as a top-tiered guy in the draft. I'll give say, Cook or Hogan, a chance, but the facts say that you are more likely to succeed by taking these guys in the first. At some point, I'd rather see us take a chance to move up to get THE guy, rather than relying on 'good value' falling to us.

Goff is the ONLY player in this draft that moves the needle for me.

Ok fine, so post your proposal to Cleveland, for the #2 overall?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok fine, so post your proposal to Cleveland, for the #2 overall?

Swap first rounders, SF gives up their 2nd this year and second next year. Throw in something else perhaps from the latter rounds. A potential deal to ensure one of the top-tiered QB's? Worth it to me, and at least keeps me interested for the foreseeable future. A slot receiver or a Defensive tackle taken with those picks certainly won't.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Swap first rounders, SF gives up their 2nd this year and second next year. Throw in something else perhaps from the latter rounds. A potential deal to ensure one of the top-tiered QB's? Worth it to me, and at least keeps me interested for the foreseeable future. A slot receiver or a Defensive tackle taken with those picks certainly won't.

this is just me, but if i'm Cleveland looking at Tennessee's deal, i'd pass. Granted Teen/Rams was #1 for #15, but Tenn got another 1st and two 3rd's MORE than this deal. If i'm Cleveland, i'd hold out for another 1st or two 3rd's.

What happens if you make this deal and the Rams take Goff? You haven't expressed 'man love' for Wentz, till this post?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that excited about either QB to be completely honest. This team is going to suck next year regardless so who cares who is playing QB if you can't get a franchise guy in the draft which I'm not sure either guy is. You have to think that their is a reason both these guys are rated as the middle of the first round for grades, so why in the hell reach or trade up for one of them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers swap with Browns and we give up a 2nd and Kap. Browns still get a top 10 pick and another high 2nd rd pick and a QB.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers swap with Browns and we give up a 2nd and Kap. Browns still get a top 10 pick and another high 2nd rd pick and a QB.

they don't want to pay him that much and he's not willing to take a pay cut so people might as well get use to Kaepernick being on the roster.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just me, but if i'm Cleveland looking at Tennessee's deal, i'd pass. Granted Teen/Rams was #1 for #15, but Tenn got another 1st and two 3rd's MORE than this deal. If i'm Cleveland, i'd hold out for another 1st or two 3rd's.

What happens if you make this deal and the Rams take Goff? You haven't expressed 'man love' for Wentz, till this post?

I'd rather have Goff, but would have no issues with Wentz either. These guys may not be a 'once in a decade' prospect like Luck, Manning or Elway, but going after them and sacrificing some draft picks for them is most certainly a better proposition than just going after some FA like Thaddeus Lewis. That brings zero hope.

I applaud the Rams for going all in on a guy, and I'll give them full credit if their guy falls on his face. They tried.....they did not settle.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather have Goff, but would have no issues with Wentz either. These guys may not be a 'once in a decade' prospect like Luck, Manning or Elway, but going after them and sacrificing some draft picks for them is most certainly a better proposition than just going after some FA like Thaddeus Lewis. That brings zero hope.

I applaud the Rams for going all in on a guy, and I'll give them full credit if their guy falls on his face. They tried.....they did not settle.

your opinion is fine and i'll stick to mine.

on local radio we always get guest from across the nation, not one person came close to your opinion. All the comments i heard were clearly "great for Tennessee", and "what are the Rams doing?" So they can be 'applauded' now for being bold, but you can't take 'bold' onto the field.

Same with articles and TV, don't recall any writer/talking head saying "good for the Rams, they're being bold"?

When the draft rolls around in 2017, and they don't have a 1st and 3rd, no one is going to say "hey, but they were bold".

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion is fine and i'll stick to mine.

on local radio we always get guest from across the nation, not one person came close to your opinion. All the comments i heard were clearly "great for Tennessee", and "what are the Rams doing?" So they can be 'applauded' now for being bold, but you can't take 'bold' onto the field.

Same with articles and TV, don't recall any writer/talking head saying "good for the Rams, they're being bold"?

When the draft rolls around in 2017, and they don't have a 1st and 3rd, no one is going to say "hey, but they were bold".

All that shows is that people are incredibly short-sighted and frankly....stupid. If the Rams hit on a Pro Bowl/All Pro QB, it far, FAR outweighs whatever they gave up and renders all of those opinions as laughable.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All that shows is that people are incredibly short-sighted and frankly....stupid. If the Rams hit on a Pro Bowl/All Pro QB, it far, FAR outweighs whatever they gave up and renders all of those opinions as laughable.

Ok that is true, IF they hit. But while most people nationally view these two as the best in THIS draft, they don't view them as 'Franchise'. If it was an "Andrew Luck" in the this draft, your thinking makes sense, but these two are not in Andrew Luck's category.

Any team could be bold by giving away more and more picks. But at some point you exceed 'bold', and enter 'stupidity'.

BTW - I do feel Goff will do well, and we'll see if he becomes "franchise"? There is a difference between starter, quality starter, occassional Pro Bowler, 'perenial' Pro Bowler, and All -Pro. He not only has to play well himself, but to 'carry' his team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that is true, IF they hit. But while most people nationally view these two as the best in THIS draft, they don't view them as 'Franchise'. If it was an "Andrew Luck" in the this draft, your thinking makes sense, but these two are not in Andrew Luck's category.

Any team could be bold by giving away more and more picks. But at some point you exceed 'bold', and enter 'stupidity'.

BTW - I do feel Goff will do well, and we'll see if he becomes "franchise"? There is a difference between starter, quality starter, occassional Pro Bowler, 'perenial' Pro Bowler, and All -Pro. He not only has to play well himself, but to 'carry' his team.

There have been a lot of guys who enter a draft without the 'franchise' tag on them, but come out proving as such. Just because Wentz and Goff are not thought of on the same level, it doesn't mean they can't achieve those levels in the Pros. The Rams are set up with a decent defense, and arguably the best young RB in the game. The only major piece they need, is QB. That's basically been the Rams for the last several years - a 7-9 team with some talent all over...except at QB.

The Rams clearly feel strongly about one player, and they made their move to get him. I find no fault at all with that reasoning.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a lot of guys who enter a draft without the 'franchise' tag on them, but come out proving as such. Just because Wentz and Goff are not thought of on the same level, it doesn't mean they can't achieve those levels in the Pros. The Rams are set up with a decent defense, and arguably the best young RB in the game. The only major piece they need, is QB. That's basically been the Rams for the last several years - a 7-9 team with some talent all over...except at QB.

The Rams clearly feel strongly about one player, and they made their move to get him. I find no fault at all with that reasoning.

Can't fault them yet. It comes down to how your FO views these QB prospects. They obviously think highly of them to trade away all those picks. They obviously see things differently then other GMs. If their pick becomes a top QB, then they will look like geniuses. If not, then they will be criticized sharply.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is true, one of these guys can surprise and become franchise. But what are the odds? You already know if this QB is only a 'starter' level, then this deal is a disaster.

In this case the Rams aren't just drafting a QB with one of their picks, they gave away five (5) HIGH draft picks for the chance to find out. So you're right, they can be applauded for making their move, and clearly it is bold. But again, you can't take bold onto the field. "Bold" doesn't tackle, block, or pass defend.