• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that there is no way that we pick Goff or Wentz unless we blow someone away with a trade package, which I doubt Baalke will do.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible. If Cleveland passes, and nobody jumps up, Niners are in good position to take the next QB. The Niners may jump up to ensure themselves of the QB.
I can see Cleveland passing on Goff if they don't really like him but I don't see Baalke pulling a Rams type deal to move up. Baalke loves to hoarde picks

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whaaaaaaa??!!

earlier you made it sound like it will be SOOOOOO bad, but now you post a 'B' or 'B-'??? You made it clear Baalke can't draft and you have ZERO faith in him, that it can't help be bad? But now you don't predict a terrrible grade to match? why isn't you're prediction an "F", or "D-"?

Anyway, now you're saying the same thing as me, so why were you "arguing" with me in the first place? :-)

Rarely do pundits give out those grades and B or B- was the high I think it will be more in the C range to be honest and when you are picking as high as the 49ers will be that isn't good enough, unless of course the pundits are all completely wrong and Baalke is a mad genius.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we will be picking 1 of OT Stanley, DE Buckner, MLB Jack! Or trade back! Go 49ers!!

any of these three are fine with me, but we should go ahead and add an impact player. I'm not for a trade down.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly is possible, but I am not going to get my hopes up that either will slide to #7.

I'm not getting my hopes up either, but those that aren't high on QB's this year are eager to dismiss any other possibility, and that we'll just take the best player available and move on. So....QB position is still a need....

....then what? From what I've been told, the 2017 guys are pure crap....so we pull the trigger on one of those guys? If we are in a position to do so? Do we wait for 2018....because we'll have absolutely no idea where we'll stand in that draft until then....

WHEN do we go QB? When there is an automatic, slam dunk guy....AND when we're the #1 pick to assure us of getting him? That's the only time we can make a move to QB?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting my hopes up either, but those that aren't high on QB's this year are eager to dismiss any other possibility, and that we'll just take the best player available and move on. So....QB position is still a need....

....then what? From what I've been told, the 2017 guys are pure crap....so we pull the trigger on one of those guys? If we are in a position to do so? Do we wait for 2018....because we'll have absolutely no idea where we'll stand in that draft until then....

WHEN do we go QB? When there is an automatic, slam dunk guy....AND when we're the #1 pick to assure us of getting him? That's the only time we can make a move to QB?

I think the 49ers are still going to draft a QB this year, just not sure who. Would be one of those in the 2nd round or later

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade idea for Wilkerson from the Jets for swap 1st rd pick and another pick. We get a Top DT/DE in the league and we still get a 1st rd pick. Drafting Lynch at 20 wouldn't be bad.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the team should do?

For starters....I like what the Rams did. They went all in, period. I don't care if it pans out our not....they went for their guy.

Anything short of Goff, will leave me listless with this frachinse.....meh.....who cares....just draft em up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No, we take one THIS draft soon as there is good value. There seems to be 4-5 guys who're worth drafting, just much later.

What happens if there never is good value? Then we don't draft any QB for the sake of drafting one. We can bring in UDFA or another vet like Lewis.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
'Settling and hoping.'

Not good enough for me.

at this point, thats all we can do. We have no idea when these other QB's will get drafted? We have no idea which QB fits with Kelly best?

i guess we can say "lets take Hogan in Round 3", but really.........is that good enough for you?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update so far: Sportshoopla Mock Draft: Team 49ers:
1st rd: Dodd DE from Clemson
1st rd: Paxton Lynch QB from Memphis
2nd rd: Nick Martin C from ND
2nd rd: Kendall Fuller CB from VT
3rd RD: Vadal Alexander OG from LSU
4th Rd: Cole Toner OT from Harvard
5th rd: Josh Forrest ILB from Kentucky

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For starters....I like what the Rams did. They went all in, period. I don't care if it pans out our not....they went for their guy.

Anything short of Goff, will leave me listless with this frachinse.....meh.....who cares....just draft em up.

Wow! No wonder you posted 35-50, cause you want to believe he slides.

man crush on Goff huh? While i do like him a lot, nothing says he like an "Andrew Luck"? So just because the Rams did it, doesn't mean we should too.

this trade would need to happen right after the Rams take Wentz.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! No wonder you posted 35-50, cause you want to believe he slides.

man crush on Goff huh? While i do like him a lot, nothing says he like an "Andrew Luck"? So just because the Rams did it, doesn't mean we should too.

this trade would need to happen right after the Rams take Wentz.
if any of the top 2 QBs fall past #2, 49ers should then try and trade up with Dallas at #4 and grab that QB if they believe they are a Franchise QB.