• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA linebacker Myles Jack's knee called "a time bomb"

Interesting news if true.

my initial opinion is 6-7 years maximum...........IF he can make it there.........is too risky for a #7 overall. But if you remove Jack from our board (and Bosa too in MY opinion), do we still end up with a top talent?
I am not going to happy if the 49ers take him with the 1st pick. Baalke is going to be hammered if he does

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not going to happy if the 49ers take him with the 1st pick. Baalke is going to be hammered if he does

yes, hammered IF this injury situation is true. But since there will be doubt all the way to pick #7, yeah ok, can't pull the trigger if doubt remains.

Since i'm not sure on Bosa too, i will have to adjust my thinking? Without Jack and Bosa, who else would be available at #7, that is worth #7?

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA linebacker Myles Jack's knee called "a time bomb"

Interesting news if true.

my initial opinion is 6-7 years maximum...........IF he can make it there.........is too risky for a #7 overall. But if you remove Jack from our board (and Bosa too in MY opinion), do we still end up with a top talent?

Exact reason i did not want him at 7, you never know how some is going to recover from a ligament tear.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exact reason i did not want him at 7, you never know how some is going to recover from a ligament tear.

up to now my impression was he's recovered so much, he'll participate in TC. But since there is still too much doubt about his recovery. too risky for #7 overall.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, hammered IF this injury situation is true. But since there will be doubt all the way to pick #7, yeah ok, can't pull the trigger if doubt remains.

Since i'm not sure on Bosa too, i will have to adjust my thinking? Without Jack and Bosa, who else would be available at #7, that is worth #7?

You know Baalke already takes criticism for drafting injured players. If he uses #7 pick on one, a lot of fans are going to get upset. With the way things are going, he needs to choose a different path.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know Baalke already takes criticism for drafting injured players. If he uses #7 pick on one, a lot of fans are going to get upset. With the way things are going, he needs to choose a different path.

yep, don't get me started on "IR" players. :-)

BTW - didn't realize in this draft, we don't have 7th round picks. So not much room for "flyers".

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really wants an MLB just trade back and draft the bama kid. No reason to make a risk pick on Jack. Not at #7.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, don't get me started on "IR" players. :-)

BTW - didn't realize in this draft, we don't have 7th round picks. So not much room for "flyers".
yeah but we have 3 6th rd picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah but we have 3 6th rd picks.

haaa

yeah, was being sarcastic...but obviously didn't work. :-(

four picks in the 6th round, i'd still consider LATE 6th rounders as 'flyer' picks. Just better flyers than 7th rounders. :-)

Round 1:
Pick 7

Round 2: Pick 6 (37th overall)

Round 3: Pick 5 (68th overall)

Round 4: Pick 7 (105th overall)

Round 4: Pick 35 (133rd overall) – compensatory

Round 5: Pick 3 (142nd overall) – from San Diego

Round 5: Pick 6 (145th overall)

Round 5: Pick 37 (174th overall) – compensatory

Round 6: Pick 3 (178th overall) – from Dallas

Round 6: Pick 32 (207th overall) – from Denver

Round 6: Pick 36 (211th overall) – compensatory

Round 6: Pick 38 (213th overall) – compensatory

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really wants an MLB just trade back and draft the bama kid. No reason to make a risk pick on Jack. Not at #7.

If Baalke drafted him at #7 and the pick fails, Baalke is going to get crucified by the fans. As it is, he is already on shaky ground.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, one of these guys can surprise and become franchise. But what are the odds? You already know if this QB is only a 'starter' level, then this deal is a disaster.

In this case the Rams aren't just drafting a QB with one of their picks, they gave away five (5) HIGH draft picks for the chance to find out. So you're right, they can be applauded for making their move, and clearly it is bold. But again, you can't take bold onto the field. "Bold" doesn't tackle, block, or pass defend.

...and with those picks, they can take another ILB and DT and RG and SS....and they'll still be 7-9. Why? Well....we know why. If there was any team that shouldn't be criticized....it should be the Rams.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a little over a week away from the Draft. I really hope he makes the right picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather have Goff, but would have no issues with Wentz either. These guys may not be a 'once in a decade' prospect like Luck, Manning or Elway, but going after them and sacrificing some draft picks for them is most certainly a better proposition than just going after some FA like Thaddeus Lewis. That brings zero hope.

I applaud the Rams for going all in on a guy, and I'll give them full credit if their guy falls on his face. They tried.....they did not settle.

something you posted earlier...hmm

Anything short of Goff, will leave me listless with this frachinse.....meh.....who cares....just draft em up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update so far: Sportshoopla Mock Draft: Team 49ers:
1st rd: Dodd DE from Clemson
1st rd: Paxton Lynch QB from Memphis
2nd rd: Nick Martin C from ND
2nd rd: Kendall Fuller CB from VT
3rd RD: Vadal Alexander OG from LSU
4th Rd: Cole Toner OT from Harvard
5th rd: Josh Forrest ILB from Kentucky
6th rd: Daniel Braverman, Slot WR, Western Michigan(go look at the OSU game. Kid can play).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with......

It wouldn't be a shock if it happens. But it seems out of character for Baalke, who has drafted only two quarterbacks in six years, neither of them before the second round. Goff to the 49ers at pick No. 2? Call it a surprise.
Jason La Canfora is reporting that the Rams want Goff and that Cleveland isn't as high on Wentz so they are shopping their pick. I don't want to trade away picks to get Wentz.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora is reporting that the Rams want Goff and that Cleveland isn't as high on Wentz so they are shopping their pick. I don't want to trade away picks to get Wentz.

it has to be Goff because when you make a trade like this, you need results "yesterday". Goff gives them the best chance to get immediate results.

i would expect a decent year from Goff, not necessarily gaudy stats but not a season full of mistakes. Then i would expect he'll be a good QB from there. But since it cost the Rams all this 'currency', he'll need to be even better than 'good'.

Agree, don't want to trade up for Wentz.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something you posted earlier...hmm

Anything short of Goff, will leave me listless with this frachinse.....meh.....who cares....just draft em up.

Yup....I think I can get on board of trading up to get Wentz. Given that we have the ammunition (12 draft picks) the fact that we draft so highly, and it's the greatest position of need in a league that relies far more on a QB than any other. The whole 'get good value in the third round' is nonsense to me, and you simply can't hope to be in a Colts/Luck situation year after year until we finally get a crack at an elite guy.

Oh I'll give a 'best player available' in the first round and someone like Connor Cook in the second a chance....but I cannot get excited for a future like that.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after reading up on it Jaylon Smith's injury would appear to be fairly severe and he'll be dropping in the draft probably to day 3.