• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can think of a few that he didn't get a very high grade on like when he took Ward in the first round, I mean he didn't get an F but they rarely give that bad a grade. You can polish a turd and it's still a turd deep, picking 7th isn't going to help this moron he'll just reach or draft a bust and waste a high pick (his track record indicates that is what will happen more so than your rose colored opinion).

What draft grade he gets after this draft, has nothing to do with his past results. When talking heads give out a grade, they're NOT going to look at previous years and adjust the grade. The draft grade will be based ONLY on who he selects this draft. Do you see the difference?

So based only on who he drafts, i would expect a good grade. Anyone here can make up a mock, and get a good grade. Why? because of where we pick and the amount of picks.

BTW - Expecting a good grade doesn't mean i expect good results 2-3 years from now. The grade is only for discussion purposes right afterward. Your 'rose colored glasses' comment is off base, off topic. In reality, you have the glasses on, just opposite of 'rose colored'.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the draft just changed for the 49ers. Rams traded for the #1 pick. they will go QB. Yes Tenn got alot but droping to 15th makes sure they dont get a Top OT to protect their QB.

49ers trade down with both QBs off the board.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What draft grade he gets after this draft, has nothing to do with his past results. When talking heads give out a grade, they're NOT going to look at previous years and adjust the grade. The draft grade will be based ONLY on who he selects this draft. Do you see the difference?

So based only on who he drafts, i would expect a good grade. Anyone here can make up a mock, and get a good grade. Why? because of where we pick and the amount of picks.

BTW - Expecting a good grade doesn't mean i expect good results 2-3 years from now. The grade is only for discussion purposes right afterward. Your 'rose colored glasses' comment is off base, off topic. In reality, you have the glasses on, just opposite of 'rose colored'.

I understand that they base it off the picks in that class and not past picks. I just don't believe he will get as high a draft grade as you do simply based on the fact that he's picking high and has 12 picks. What I'm saying is I don't have faith that he will make picks that look good even on paper regardless of where he's picking.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also with the Rams moving up to #1 I think it's safe to say that we can kiss any hope of getting Goff or Wentz goodbye.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also with the Rams moving up to #1 I think it's safe to say that we can kiss any hope of getting Goff or Wentz goodbye.
I agree but we might say Hello to the best LT in college. Tunsil could easily fall to us now. That is better then Goff or Wentz.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have put their next 5 years at least on the gambling table for Wentz or Goff. Great trade by the Titans though who didn't need really anyone they could take at #1 and feel good about. They have a ton of picks now this year and 2 1st rounders next year to really kick start their rebuilding process.

49ers will now likely get a high caliber player to fall right down to them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I understand that they base it off the picks in that class and not past picks. I just don't believe he will get as high a draft grade as you do simply based on the fact that he's picking high and has 12 picks. What I'm saying is I don't have faith that he will make picks that look good even on paper regardless of where he's picking.

ok, we'll leave it here and wait for the grades.

again, not saying Baalke is good at drafting, nor saying this class will pan out. this "thread" is limited to just right after the draft, when grades are given out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams have put their next 5 years at least on the gambling table for Wentz or Goff. Great trade by the Titans though who didn't need really anyone they could take at #1 and feel good about. They have a ton of picks now this year and 2 1st rounders next year to really kick start their rebuilding process.

yep, the Rams not only gambled the next two seasons, but 2-3 more AFTER that. Whomever they pick must pan out by next season, else they'll start to lose too much talent via free agency. they won't be able to replace these guys via the draft.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, the Rams not only gambled the next two seasons, but 2-3 more AFTER that. Whomever they pick must pan out by next season, else they'll start to lose too much talent via free agency. they won't be able to replace these guys via the draft.

I wouldn't blame Baalke for not doing what the Rams just did. That is a big risk that could set the team back big time

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't blame Baalke for not doing what the Rams just did. That is a big risk that could set the team back big time

was against trading up higher than #4, so also glad Baalke didn't go for #1.

BTW - do think Goff will do just fine in the NFL, but now 'just fine' isn't good enough. He now has to do WELL to make up for that lost talent. So the Rams will be ok this season and likely be good the next (play-off team?). But after that, Goff will need to be 'Tom Brady' and keep the team going without an influx of top talent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine if Ramsey or Tunsil fall to us.

Here is a Question if 49ers really want one of the 2 QBs do they trade with the Browns. It wont cost as much since its only 5 spots. Maybe 2nd and next year 2nd or 3rd, 5th and 2nd next year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Imagine if Ramsey or Tunsil fall to us.

Here is a Question if 49ers really want one of the 2 QBs do they trade with the Browns. It wont cost as much since its only 5 spots. Maybe 2nd and next year 2nd or 3rd, 5th and 2nd next year.

Yes, IF they view BOTH as a Franchise QB's. But since i don't see this being the case, stand pat at #7.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, we'll leave it here and wait for the grades.

again, not saying Baalke is good at drafting, nor saying this class will pan out. this "thread" is limited to just right after the draft, when grades are given out.

My thought is most pundits rarely give out absolutely terrible grades, you think he's going to get a B+ to A on paper because he has so many picks and is picking in the top 10 each round. I don't think he's capable of executing a draft that well and will at best be a B or B- maybe a C at worst on paper.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My thought is most pundits rarely give out absolutely terrible grades, you think he's going to get a B+ to A on paper because he has so many picks and is picking in the top 10 each round. I don't think he's capable of executing a draft that well and will at best be a B or B- maybe a C at worst on paper.

whaaaaaaa??!!

earlier you made it sound like it will be SOOOOOO bad, but now you post a 'B' or 'B-'??? You made it clear Baalke can't draft and you have ZERO faith in him, that it can't help be bad? But now you don't predict a terrrible grade to match? why isn't you're prediction an "F", or "D-"?

Anyway, now you're saying the same thing as me, so why were you "arguing" with me in the first place? :-)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. If Wentz is the #1 pick and Cleveland doesn't view Goff as the answer, he can most certainly slide.

It certainly is possible, but I am not going to get my hopes up that either will slide to #7.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly is possible, but I am not going to get my hopes up that either will slide to #7.

Anything is possible. If Cleveland passes, and nobody jumps up, Niners are in good position to take the next QB. The Niners may jump up to ensure themselves of the QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not true. If Wentz is the #1 pick and Cleveland doesn't view Goff as the answer, he can most certainly slide.

ok, what is your guess for this possibility to happen?

using a scale of 1 to 100, 100 being he slides to #7.