• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like a good draft, at least on paper. The key to whether this hypthetial class is 'ok', 'good', or 'great', would depend on Lynch. This is similar to 2011, where it depended on Kaep.

It does look like a good draft on paper which means we'll see nothing like that on draft night.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could argue that the Redskins paid well above Market value, and a draft that isn't considered to be the strongest you can't expect to bet a teams entire draft board in exchange for one pick.

The problem is though every team since that trade that has had one of those top-2 picks has said they won't settle for anything less. I do know some of those teams were offered ridiculous deals and they turned them down because it still didn't add quite up to what St. Louis/LA actually got in the deal.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is though every team since that trade that has had one of those top-2 picks has said they won't settle for anything less. I do know some of those teams were offered ridiculous deals and they turned them down because it still didn't add quite up to what St. Louis/LA actually got in the deal.

That's fine eventually someone will take less or just continue to keep the pick it's no skin of the other teams back.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It does look like a good draft on paper which means we'll see nothing like that on draft night.

yes, this is just another mock to dissect/discuss. It is very unlikely to happen just the fact he traded down twice.

For me, it gives me an idea of the talent left, end of round 2.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, this is just another mock to dissect/discuss. It is very unlikely to happen just the fact he traded down twice.

For me, it gives me an idea of the talent left, end of round 2.

Of course mocks are rarely accurate but I would be shocked if Baalke had what anyone would consider a good draft on paper or otherwise come draft night.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers mock draft: First-round trade down - Inside the 49ers

Not for a trade down, even if Wetnz and Goff are gone. We can still draft a top prospect whether Stanley, Jack, or even Buckner. Buckner is not a Need this season, but you should draft for a players career.

The two 2nd rounders are certainly tempting, but rather add one 'impact' player.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course mocks are rarely accurate but I would be shocked if Baalke had what anyone would consider a good draft on paper or otherwise come draft night.

i think the opposite, that his draft WILL look good.......on paper. How can it not look good picking high in every round, and having 12 picks?

The key will be the QB even if he's taken after Round 1. i fully expect he'll draft a QB, even if Kaep is still on the roster.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the opposite, that his draft WILL look good.......on paper. How can it not look good picking high in every round, and having 12 picks?

The key will be the QB even if he's taken after Round 1. i fully expect he'll draft a QB, even if Kaep is still on the roster.

Well that depends on what he drafts which I have little faith in him drafting well even on paper sooo no it won't look good on any level.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well that depends on what he drafts which I have little faith in him drafting well even on paper sooo no it won't look good on any level.

Ok, if it won't look good to YOU no matter what, and no problem here. That is a negative and pessimistic outlook, but again, your choice and thats fine.

Everyone has their own opinion/definition of 'good' class? So lets just say i expect national pundits to give the 49ers a good grade.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Rams or Eagles.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this we might get lucky with bosa or Ramsey falling to us. That would be great.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if it won't look good to YOU no matter what, and no problem here. That is a negative and pessimistic outlook, but again, your choice and thats fine.

Everyone has their own opinion/definition of 'good' class? So lets just say i expect national pundits to give the 49ers a good grade.

If you look at how Baalke has drafted I'm not sure what you are basing that he'll have a good draft class on or that pundits will say he had a good class.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at how Baalke has drafted I'm not sure what you are basing that he'll have a good draft class on or that pundits will say he had a good class.

The pundits gave the 49ers are pretty poor grade overall compared to the other 32 teams last year. I don't care so much about draft day grades. The more important grade is a couple of years after the draft when the draft is graded for actual production. If Baalke chokes on this one he needs to go quickly

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers mock draft: First-round trade down - Inside the 49ers

Not for a trade down, even if Wetnz and Goff are gone. We can still draft a top prospect whether Stanley, Jack, or even Buckner. Buckner is not a Need this season, but you should draft for a players career.

The two 2nd rounders are certainly tempting, but rather add one 'impact' player.
I like that trade if none of my top 4 are on the board when we pick(Goff, Wentz,Bosa and Ramsey). I am a fan of Buckner. I think when we did the poll I was one of the 1st who mention Buckner. I just like that trade more then Buckner. Having 2 2nd picks could be Big for this team. Just like in my mock draft I did I had 2 1st rd picks and 2 late 2nd rd picks and picked up 4 guys that should battle for a starting spot from Day 1.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pundits gave the 49ers are pretty poor grade overall compared to the other 32 teams last year. I don't care so much about draft day grades. The more important grade is a couple of years after the draft when the draft is graded for actual production. If Baalke chokes on this one he needs to go quickly
Yes i agree this is a Big draft for baalke. He cant swing and miss in the 1st 3 rds. He needs to hit some nice triples and maybe a Home run here.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't so much either but if you look at his classes from 2 or 3 years ago it isn't a good thing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will say this we might get lucky with bosa or Ramsey falling to us. That would be great.

i could see us drafting Ramsey, but Bosa doesn't seem to fit as either a 3-4 end, or OLB? It wouldn't make sense to spend #7 overall, on someone who comes in on a certain package.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

we were talking about "on paper", i'm not declaring he WILL have a good draft class.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, the draft grades are based "on paper", and i expect our class will look good. But also yes, it'll be a few years to know how it panned out....is panning out.

Cause 2011 looked pretty good after two years, but it went down fast.