• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Baalke traded up a couple of times in the 1st round. 1 that comes to mind is Reid. So its not out of no where if he does.

I think he has traded up but the price tag to move into the number one spot is probably going to be steep and I don't see Baalke doing that because he hates giving up mulitple picks and also because I don't think they are that enamored with this QB class. I might be wrong, but we'll see.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys Im doing the 49ers Mock draft on this board. Little up date: See if you guys approve.

I traded down: Both QBs and Ramsey, Tunsil, Jack and Bosa were gone.

I decided to trade down to 12th were the saints were. Received their 2nd rd pick. I gave the my 1st 4th and 6th.

At 12 I picked Dobbs from Clemson. Best pass Rusher.

Then I traded back in the 1st rd to Denver. I traded 49ers 2nd Rd pick and 5th and a 6th for Denvers 1st and early 7th rd pick.

I jumped back in because Im working on the idea that Kap wont be here. paxton Lynch was still on the board. QB from Memphis.

Next pick is saints 2nd RD pick I received.

Overall:
1st rd 12th pick: DE Dobbs From Clemson
1st RD 31st pick: QB Paxton Lynch from Memphis
2nd RD 16th(saints pick): ?

I don't want Lynch.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Lynch.
yeah but we need a QB. I feel he has upside and at pick 31 I don't mind taking a risk especially when I still have my 2nd rd pick. I really think those 3 QB Lynch, Goff and Wentz there all the same with Boom or Bust potential.

Im not a Lynch fan either but I hate all the 2nd tier guys like Cook and so on and so on.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey guys Im doing the 49ers Mock draft on this board. Little up date: See if you guys approve.

I traded down: Both QBs and Ramsey, Tunsil, Jack and Bosa were gone.

I decided to trade down to 12th were the saints were. Received their 2nd rd pick. I gave the my 1st 4th and 6th.

At 12 I picked Dobbs from Clemson. Best pass Rusher.

Then I traded back in the 1st rd to Denver. I traded 49ers 2nd Rd pick and 5th and a 6th for Denvers 1st and early 7th rd pick.

I jumped back in because Im working on the idea that Kap wont be here. paxton Lynch was still on the board. QB from Memphis.

Next pick is saints 2nd RD pick I received.

Overall:
1st rd 12th pick: DE Dobbs From Clemson
1st RD 31st pick: QB Paxton Lynch from Memphis
2nd RD 16th(saints pick): ?

i would've taken Stanley at #7. He isn't 'perfect', but it shard to obtain a solid pass protector. He would eventually take over LT.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would've taken Stanley at #7. He isn't 'perfect', but it shard to obtain a solid pass protector. He would eventually take over LT.
Trust me I was thinking about that. In real life I would hope they would take him if he is there. I was just having some fun. I think getting one of the Top Pass rusher was important. I like Dobbs. Im thinking about taking a guard in the 2nd rd.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, to me it makes sense to wait for the next tier, whether Round 2 or later. Prescott, Hogan, Cook, etc., even Adams late in the draft.
I don't like Either of them Lynch has a shot to be a Franchise QB. I don't think the others can be more then an AVg QB. Again I might be wrong but thats how I feel.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trust me I was thinking about that. In real like I would hope they would take him if he is there. I was just having some fun. I think getting one of the Top Pass rusher was important. I like Dobbs. Im thinking about taking a guard in the 2nd rd.

A pass rusher is badly needed too, so trading down wasn't a disaster. I wouldn't have done it, but it ain't a bad mover. But Dobbs doesn't strike me as a 3 down OLB?

Anyway, for round 2, yeah i guess an OG could be our BPA? Whitehair or the OG from Stanford?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just made a trade. traded saints 2nd rd pick and my 5th for Pats 2 2nd rd picks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goal is to have 4 impact players in this draft. I ended grabbing 2 1st rd picks and 2 2nd rd picks. All 4 should compete for starting or depth roles. With my 2 2nd rd picks I can now go Guard/MLB/CB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but we need a QB. I feel he has upside and at pick 31 I don't mind taking a risk especially when I still have my 2nd rd pick. I really think those 3 QB Lynch, Goff and Wentz there all the same with Boom or Bust potential.

Im not a Lynch fan either but I hate all the 2nd tier guys like Cook and so on and so on.
yeah, to me it makes sense to wait for the next tier, whether Round 2 or later. Prescott, Hogan, Cook, etc., even Adams late in the draft.

When I read about Lynch, many of his negatives or things he has to improve on mirror Kaps. My preference would be if we are going to move on from Kap, then we should take a different approach to QB, especially since we took the same chance with Alex Smith. I would prefer we go with a QB that is a better pocket passer and ran something at least closer to a pro style offense. I would rather just go with a later QB pick.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the year to not draft a QB. Wentz is the only one I like, but I don't like him to be a first year starter. The rest of them I think at best are Alex Smith which is not bad, but you'd like to get more out of a top 10 QB. The smart moving is convincing Kaep to play this year with Kelly and spending the draft pick on another position.

If Goff or Wentz are on the board at #7 you work those phone lines for a trade down.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the year to not draft a QB. Wentz is the only one I like, but I don't like him to be a first year starter. The rest of them I think at best are Alex Smith which is not bad, but you'd like to get more out of a top 10 QB. The smart moving is convincing Kaep to play this year with Kelly and spending the draft pick on another position.

If Goff or Wentz are on the board at #7 you work those phone lines for a trade down.
Nope they went #1 and #2. Cowboys traded up to #1 and took Wentz and Browns took Goff at #2. That is why I traded down. Then when i saw Lynch fall I said why not move back in the 1st to take him, didnt cost me alot. I had Saints 2nd rd pick. I then took saints 2nd rd pick and traded it to the Pats because they didnt have a 1st and took both of their 2nd rd picks.

At the end I will end up with 4 picks in the top 64. These players should be starters or fight for playing time. I will take it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like Either of them Lynch has a shot to be a Franchise QB. I don't think the others can be more then an AVg QB. Again I might be wrong but thats how I feel.

Niners' Quarterback Draft Strategy Can Go Several Different Ways

thats fine.

Obviously, if you wait till after Round 1 for a QB, he'll have even more questions. But we fans are thinking Goff is the our 'BPA, whereas the 49ers might very well think otherwise? Baalke's Staff AND Kelly might know things - pertaining to the 49ers scheme - that others don't?

So while i still want Goff, small possibility we pass.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goal is to have 4 impact players in this draft. I ended grabbing 2 1st rd picks and 2 2nd rd picks. All 4 should compete for starting or depth roles. With my 2 2nd rd picks I can now go Guard/MLB/CB.

without knowing the specific spots, does look good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When I read about Lynch, many of his negatives or things he has to improve on mirror Kaps. My preference would be if we are going to move on from Kap, then we should take a different approach to QB, especially since we took the same chance with Alex Smith. I would prefer we go with a QB that is a better pocket passer and ran something at least closer to a pro style offense. I would rather just go with a later QB pick.

agree, i would definitely look for the best remaining pocket passer, first and foremost.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

IMO we should still consider a QB no matter the Kaep situation. It doesn't need to be in Round 1 or even Round 2, but we should draft one when value is GOOD.

BTW - Goff is the only one i like. From what i read/hear, my impression is Wentz and Lynch will DEFINITELY need bench time. Goff might need some too, but only the beginning of this season.