• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could see us drafting Ramsey, but Bosa doesn't seem to fit as either a 3-4 end, or OLB? It wouldn't make sense to spend #7 overall, on someone who comes in on a certain package.
I dont care I love his motor and Talent. We will find a way to use him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I care and no, we won't find an efficient way to use him. Again, using him as a situational pass rusher doesn't make sense. We already have Carradine auditioning for that role.

Since we aren't changing the entire defensive scheme either, no go on Bosa.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care and no, we won't find an efficient way to use him. Again, using him as a situational pass rusher doesn't make sense. We already have Carradine auditioning for that role.

Since we aren't changing the entire defensive scheme either, no go on Bosa.
we agree to disagree.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still hoping we take a QB in round one and Goff falls to us

agree.

if he doesn't fall to us, not going to be dissapointed, cause there will be a top prospect at #7. I'm not for a trade down because we need an impact player.

Should Goff not fall to us, think we'll still draft a QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 4th rd pick(pick 135) I select: Tackle from Harvard Cole Toner

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update so far:
1st rd: Dodd DE from Clemson
1st rd: Paxton Lynch QB from Memphis
2nd rd: Nick Martin C from ND
2nd rd: Kendall Fuller CB from VT
4th Rd: Cole Toner OT from Harvard

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were talking about "on paper", i'm not declaring he WILL have a good draft class.

I think most pundits haven't really given him high marks even on paper lately.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update so far:
1st rd: Dodd DE from Clemson
1st rd: Paxton Lynch QB from Memphis
2nd rd: Nick Martin C from ND
2nd rd: Kendall Fuller CB from VT
4th Rd: Cole Toner OT from Harvard

If Baalke does half as well We'll be lucky

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think most pundits haven't really given him high marks even on paper lately.

wait, we were talking about this NEXT draft and how it will look 'on paper'. So that is all my "on paper" post refers too, THIS draft class.

if you want to discuss recent but past draft classes, that is a larger topic. My opinion of that is the same as everyone else's, it wasn't good. Actually, my dissapointment of recent draft classes goes all the way back to McCloughan too. At that time i posted "not up to par", and NO ONE here agreed with me. Of course, those guys who used to post here, no longer do.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree.

if he doesn't fall to us, not going to be dissapointed, cause there will be a top prospect at #7. I'm not for a trade down because we need an impact player.

Should Goff not fall to us, think we'll still draft a QB.

So here's the good thing. We all know Cleveland is basically guaranteed to take a QB and based on their history that QB will be an absolute dud and out of the NFL within 5 years. This means if the 2nd QB falls to us there is a good chance he's a Hall of Famer thanks to the Browns bad luck.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Well then, at least one person (two people?) are ok with Bosa in a 3-4. I'll stick with my opinion as no, but posting this for you.

1. Baltimore Ravens: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
This might seem odd at first glance, given Baltimore’s 3-4 base defensive scheme and Bosa’s ideal fit as a 4-3 defensive end, but colleague Josh Liskiewitz has convinced me that Bosa is the perfect successor to Terrell Suggs as a power outside linebacker in the Ravens’ defense.

Like Suggs, Bosa was a super-productive college player who didn’t measure out as an elite athlete. After grading as the No. 1 edge defender two straight years, Bosa could be a lockdown run defender on the edge and also produce as a pass-rusher. Suggs will turn 34 years old this year, coming off his season-ending Achilles injury, and the Ravens got very little pass-rush impact from anyone other than Elvis Dumervil last season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whitehair would be so tempting should he last to our 2nd rounder. I recall seeing at least one mock where he did.

1. Seattle Seahawks: Cody Whitehair, G/T, Kansas State
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2016 Seattle Seahawks offensive line as it stands today:

SeahawksOLine.jpg

(Those grades are out of 100, by the way.)

So while it feels much more like the Seahawks to draft a high-upside pass-rusher like Ole Miss’ Robert Nkemdiche, Michigan State’s Shilique Calhoun or Mississippi State’s Chris Jones at No. 26 overall, this team desperately needs to improve its O-line, and we have Whitehair ranked as one of the best linemen in this draft.

Whitehair doesn’t possess the measurables that the Seahawks are perceived of requiring in their offensive linemen, but Whitehair merits an exception if such a rule exists. He was PFF’s top-ranked tackle in 2015, earning the No. 1 run-block grade while also holding up well in pass protection, allowing just 14 QB pressures, including two sacks. Our analysts are confident in his ability to transition to guard, if necessary, and he projects as a fit in Seattle’s zone-blocking-heavy scheme.

Value being 'equal', i'd take a pass rushing OLB over Whitehair. But if there is no OLB with 'equal' value, Whitehair is very tempting.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Seattle is in trouble. They better draft 2-3 OL.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As bad as our oline was, that is one oline I wouldn't trade ours for, especially now given who left in FA.

i thought their O-line LAST season was bad, after trading Unger. But they still did well enough, granted their QB has a lot to do with it. anyway, don't care about Seattle's team today, its their problem. :-)

We also have an O-line problem and could use a top linemen. Whitehair has value because he's an OT and played well there. Should we need him at OT in future years (major injury or early retirement), he could fill in. For all we know, he might excel at OT?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, we were talking about this NEXT draft and how it will look 'on paper'. So that is all my "on paper" post refers too, THIS draft class.

if you want to discuss recent but past draft classes, that is a larger topic. My opinion of that is the same as everyone else's, it wasn't good. Actually, my dissapointment of recent draft classes goes all the way back to McCloughan too. At that time i posted "not up to par", and NO ONE here agreed with me. Of course, those guys who used to post here, no longer do.

So his track record is sub par and yet now he's suppose to get a good grade on draft day even if only on paper when he hasn't shown the ability to do that. It really defies logic Deep.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So his track record is sub par and yet now he's suppose to get a good grade on draft day even if only on paper when he hasn't shown the ability to do that. It really defies logic Deep.

Yes, that is my opinion.

Again, my reason is he not only drafts #7 EACH round, but also has 12 picks. He would have to absolutely bomb the first two rounds, to get a bad grade. We're talking on paper, meaning a grade right after the draft. Think about Baalke's past drafts, how many had a bad grade right after the draft?

You are going by the 2-3 years of results, whereas the topic now is draft grade.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of a few that he didn't get a very high grade on like when he took Ward in the first round, I mean he didn't get an F but they rarely give that bad a grade. You can polish a turd and it's still a turd deep, picking 7th isn't going to help this moron he'll just reach or draft a bust and waste a high pick (his track record indicates that is what will happen more so than your rose colored opinion).