• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to give you guys an Heads up. 49ers won the Mock draft on SportsHoopla. Was voted best draft class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just wanted to give you guys an Heads up. 49ers won the Mock draft on SportsHoopla. Was voted best draft class.

hey, even Baalke can get a good grade. haaaa

J/K, those two trade downs likely made the difference.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess all I can do is hope that they win the real thing as well on paper and in the development of the talent they draft.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the read Patterson. Maybe Baalke thinks he needs another five years on the job. This guy is unreal. He is in denial. Majority of his picks has been unproductive. I'm hoping this is his last year, but I think Jed will keep him around. I hope I'm wrong.

I understand that publicly he isn't going to rip his own picks which would admit he F'd up but it would also be ripping some of his own players. Players like Marcus Martin have been awful so he is trying to polish a turd at this point. I really do think he is going to take the fall next if things go really badly this year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that publicly he isn't going to rip his own picks which would admit he F'd up but it would also be ripping some of his own players. Players like Marcus Martin have been awful so he is trying to polish a turd at this point. I really do think he is going to take the fall next if things go really badly this year.

I don't want the Niners to go 8-8 and have Jed say "things are looking up at NinerLand." It's either make the playoffs of go 5-11 or 6-10 and secure a high draft pick next year and let go of Baalke. I laughed when he said that Brandon Thomas has never played guard and yet he played that position in high school and college. Baalke is such an idiot.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want the Niners to go 8-8 and have Jed say "things are looking up at NinerLand." It's either make the playoffs of go 5-11 or 6-10 and secure a high draft pick next year and let go of Baalke. I laughed when he said that Brandon Thomas has never played guard and yet he played that position in high school and college. Baalke is such an idiot.

If I had to put money down right now, I'd go 8-8 at best and probably 5-11 is more likely unless the prior coaching staff was not getting anything out of the roster and we have talent on the team we are not seeing.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I completely agree with this he is an idiot and I fear he will bungle this draft.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to put money down right now, I'd go 8-8 at best and probably 5-11 is more likely unless the prior coaching staff was not getting anything out of the roster and we have talent on the team we are not seeing.

It looks like a 5-11 team, it smells like a 5-11 team, I'd say it's a 5-11 team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was, but TO was known for doing things like that so it should have surprised very few.

TO was actually a pretty humble and cool guy when the 49ers drafted him. He then transformed into a jerk for some reason.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Draft needs: It is difficult to envision any draft pick coming in and winning the starting job as a rookie. But it seems like a good idea for coach Chip Kelly to pick a prospect in hopes of developing him to be a possible starter in future seasons.

Good fits: The merits of Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook can be debated, but there have been whispers for months the 49ers are interested in selecting him. It’s uncertain whether the 49ers could stick with their second-round pick at No. 37 or if they would have to trade up in order to be in a position to draft him. Cook is the only known quarterback from outside the area to visit the 49ers’ Santa Clara complex.

Three former Pac-12 performers could interest the 49ers on the final day of the draft: Kevin Hogan (Stanford), Cody Kessler (USC) and Vernon Adams (Oregon).

Kelly attended Hogan’s pro day, and Hogan was in attendance at the 49ers’ local pro day in Santa Clara. Kessler is rated as Pro Football Focus’ most accurate draft prospect. Adams did not play for Kelly, but he knows the system so well he said he could regularly call out the Philadelphia Eagles’ plays last season as he watched them on TV. Adams could be available as a priority free agent if he is not drafted.

Dak Prescott (Mississippi State) represents the best of the dual-threat quarterbacks available in the draft, and conceivably could be a good fit within Kelly's scheme. As a senior, he completed 66.2 percent of his pass attempts with 29 touchdowns and five interceptions. And in his final three seasons, he gained an average of 800 yards per year on the ground. He rushed for 41 touchdowns in his four-year career.

For me, it seems like there are more than few options at QB? We haven't read any particular QB (past Goff) is REALLY good for Kelly's offense? IF so, then it is just a matter of which round as opposed to "must draft" a QB in Round 2? Seems like we should just stay put at #37, and see who's left? Cook's name has been showing up lately, but based on stats, Dak Pescott looks good too.

We don't have to take a QB at #37, maybe value will show up in Round 3? Hogan and Adams could be had later. I wouldn't let Adams height stop me from drafting him, if he can play, he can play. Didn't realize Kessler has that much accuracy in his game, so maybe he's a consideration somewhere 'late'?