• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO was actually a pretty humble and cool guy when the 49ers drafted him. He then transformed into a jerk for some reason.

My guess is when he first came aboard, he was surrounded by respected veterans who kept him in check...or moreso....influenced Owens enough that Terrell knew better. Once guys like Young and Rice were gone, there were fewer guys he probably felt would patrol him.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a 5-11 team, it smells like a 5-11 team, I'd say it's a 5-11 team.

I'd say we were probably not close to 5-11 last year....more like 2-14. There is no way I can see 8 wins, barring a miracle and a lot of bullshit go our way. I expect at best, we're probably 5-11, but hopefully we can see true positives out of that 5.....something I saw very little of in 2015.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For many, the most interesting pick is quarterback Dak Prescott. I think most of us agree the 49ers will draft a quarterback at some point, but it is hard to tell who it will be. They have been frequently connected to Connor Cook, and plenty of fans would like to see the team select Vernon Adams. I really have no idea at this point who it will be.

Here are the 12 picks Schrager made for the 49ers:

1 (7). Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
2 (37). Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State
3 (68). Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
4 (105). Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan State
4 (133). Antonio Morrison, LB, Florida
5 (142). Joseph Thuney, OG, North Carolina State
5 (145). Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
5 (174). Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford
6 (178). Ben Braunecker, TE, Harvard
6 (207). Tyrone Holmes, OLB, Montana
6 (211). Aaron Green, RB, TCU
6 (213). Joe Gore, OT, Clemson

Ok, a QB in Round 3 is possible and i'd be more than fine with Prescott. Prescott wouldn't be looked upon as the "next great 49ers QB". But he can be that consistent QB for 5 years or more. We won't stop looking at QB's in future drafts, so Prescott wouldn't be the 'end all'.

Looking at the first three picks, this would be good if Stanley was drafted instead of Bosa. This is only my opinion on Bosa, but isn't a good a scheme fit. Anyway, the right side of the line has a good chance to be GOOD, God knows how horrible it is.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Connor Cook over Adams or Prescott any day of the week. And I guess with the first pick, I'm leaning on DeForest Buckner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take Connor Cook over Adams or Prescott any day of the week. And I guess with the first pick, I'm leaning on DeForest Buckner.

How much better is Cook over others like Prescott?

Also, in what round? for EXAMPLE, do you spend a 2nd on Cook or a 3rd on Prescott?

i'm just going by what i read, but it seems like we have to spend a 2nd for Cook? Maybe even trade up into late Round 1?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much better is Cook over others like Prescott?

Also, in what round? for EXAMPLE, do you spend a 2nd on Cook or a 3rd on Prescott?

i'm just going by what i read, but it seems like we have to spend a 2nd for Cook? Maybe even trade up into late Round 1?

I'd take Cook in the 2nd before Prescott in the 3rd no question. If SF is targeting someone like Cook, and they wish to trade up into the first to get him, I'd have no problems. I'll take Cook in a trade up into the 1st over Prescott....period.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO was actually a pretty humble and cool guy when the 49ers drafted him. He then transformed into a jerk for some reason.

That is true but by that point he had become the jerk. In truth the guys life is like a Greek Tragedy.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For many, the most interesting pick is quarterback Dak Prescott. I think most of us agree the 49ers will draft a quarterback at some point, but it is hard to tell who it will be. They have been frequently connected to Connor Cook, and plenty of fans would like to see the team select Vernon Adams. I really have no idea at this point who it will be.

Here are the 12 picks Schrager made for the 49ers:

1 (7). Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
2 (37). Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State
3 (68). Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
4 (105). Aaron Burbridge, WR, Michigan State
4 (133). Antonio Morrison, LB, Florida
5 (142). Joseph Thuney, OG, North Carolina State
5 (145). Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
5 (174). Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford
6 (178). Ben Braunecker, TE, Harvard
6 (207). Tyrone Holmes, OLB, Montana
6 (211). Aaron Green, RB, TCU
6 (213). Joe Gore, OT, Clemson

Ok, a QB in Round 3 is possible and i'd be more than fine with Prescott. Prescott wouldn't be looked upon as the "next great 49ers QB". But he can be that consistent QB for 5 years or more. We won't stop looking at QB's in future drafts, so Prescott wouldn't be the 'end all'.

Looking at the first three picks, this would be good if Stanley was drafted instead of Bosa. This is only my opinion on Bosa, but isn't a good a scheme fit. Anyway, the right side of the line has a good chance to be GOOD, God knows how horrible it is.

Honestly the SEC hasn't produced a good QB in a while Cam Newton I would say, and before that probably Eli Manning. So I would pass on Prescott and try to move back into the 2nd round and get Martin out of Notre Dame coupled with flipping Bosa for Stanley and the O-Line would be overhauled enough so that if the young guys actually play at an average level they should be much better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is when he first came aboard, he was surrounded by respected veterans who kept him in check...or moreso....influenced Owens enough that Terrell knew better. Once guys like Young and Rice were gone, there were fewer guys he probably felt would patrol him.

I heard when he first got to SF, he addressed the media people with sir or maam. Guess being an NFL player was too much for his ego

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Doughty (6-2, 213) Western Kentucky
Sixth round

Doughty is one of the draft’s most accurate quarterbacks having completed 65.8, 67.9 and 71.9 of his throws during his three seasons as a starter in Western Kentucky’s spread, up-tempo offense. While he’s an older prospect, turning 25 in October, Doughty would be an outstanding fit in Kelly’s scheme thanks to his his accuracy and ability to diagnose defenses before the snap. There are questions about his physicality and arm strength, while spending more than 80 percent of his snaps in the shotgun. But that’s only a problem for teams that run traditional offenses, not the 49ers.

I wouldn't mind this guy no value arises till the 6th. Accuracy is huge and this guy seems to have, and has done over three seasons.

Again, not looking for a franchise QB, but someone who can come in and show more consistency. Someone who has a chance to show some stability at QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this but I been saying draft Buckner and move back in the 1st rd from the start. We are 2 1 Day away and I now feel really strongly about Buckner. I also wouldnt mind stanley but feel we can get a good OL in the 2nd rd like nick Martin or the Guard from LSU or the Stanford kid.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixth round

Doughty is one of the draft’s most accurate quarterbacks having completed 65.8, 67.9 and 71.9 of his throws during his three seasons as a starter in Western Kentucky’s spread, up-tempo offense. While he’s an older prospect, turning 25 in October, Doughty would be an outstanding fit in Kelly’s scheme thanks to his his accuracy and ability to diagnose defenses before the snap. There are questions about his physicality and arm strength, while spending more than 80 percent of his snaps in the shotgun. But that’s only a problem for teams that run traditional offenses, not the 49ers.

I wouldn't mind this guy no value arises till the 6th. Accuracy is huge and this guy seems to have, and has done over three seasons.

Again, not looking for a franchise QB, but someone who can come in and show more consistency. Someone who has a chance to show some stability at QB.

I'm kind of thinking along these lines where they take a guy in the 6th round or so and draft other positions of need early instead of an average SEC QB when they haven't been producing many great ones in the past 15 years.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this but I been saying draft Buckner and move back in the 1st rd from the start. We are 2 1 Day away and I now feel really strongly about Buckner. I also wouldnt mind stanley but feel we can get a good OL in the 2nd rd like nick Martin or the Guard from LSU or the Stanford kid.

Personally I think they need to draft Stanley and then take another good OL in the 2nd round, with doing that the O-Line issues should be solved.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I still want the team to draft Jaylon Smith but now in the 4th or 5th round, I have faith that he'll come back to the player he was.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixth round

Agree. Niners need someone who is accurate and has high football IQ. Someone who will take care of the football and make good decisions. Don't need someone spectacular.