• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read he's late or UD. apparently he can't all the NFL throws?
I only read one scouting report. Issues are with making some types of throws. What QB drafted later is not going to have some sort of weakness? I am not saying they should draft this guy because I really don't know anything about him. He was listed as a possible 49er draft target online

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I only read one scouting report. Issues are with making some types of throws. What QB drafted later is not going to have some sort of weakness? I am not saying they should draft this guy because I really don't know anything about him. He was listed as a possible 49er draft target online

not making a 'judgement call' either, but earlier i was thinking he might be possible very late.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not making a 'judgement call' either, but earlier i was thinking he might be possible very late.
The one I saw I think said mid round but it depends on the scouting report. Different opinions out there

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The schism between Jim Harbaugh and the San Francisco 49ers' front office combined with early player retirements have really cloaked the fact that the 49ers have been the worst team on getting return from draft weekend over the past five years. No team has accumulated and made more picks than the 50 players the 49ers have selected, yet they rank 29th in return AV and dead last in return per pick (4.6). Nine of those 50 picks (18 percent) have yet to play a game in the NFL, the highest rate for any team over that span. GM Trent Baalke has loved to move around in the draft with little profit to date while foregoing players that have turned out to be NFL contributors. Recent selections that have been picked with draft spots the 49ers have moved out of include T.Y. Hilton, Allen Robinson, Eddie Lacy, Travis Frederick, Theo Riddick and Charles Clay.

No chit Sherlock?!

we know, we know already.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, how is this one should we trade Kaep for 31st, and Prescott isn't THAT wanted:

Round 1 - Buckner
Round 2 - Jason Spriggs
Round 2 - Prescott (we trade back into late round 2)

Of course, if we REALLY want Prescott, then take him at 31st.
I think Baalke really likes Cook. Some are saying he is #2 on their QB board. I don't know if he is ahead of Goff or Wentz on their board.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers trade Kaep, #37, and cap space; for Denver's #31....hmmmm

Think i would take Stanley (or Tunsil), then Prescott.
Now its saying the trade would be Kap, 2nd rd pick for Denvers 1st. We still have enough Ammo to jump back into the 2nd if we want.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Baalke really likes Cook. Some are saying he is #2 on their QB board. I don't know if he is ahead of Goff or Wentz on their board.

yeah, regardless of any trades, IF Ballke really believes in Cook, trade up if necessary.

for myself, Prescott looks like a better prospect.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I sound like a broken record but I don't like Cook. I think odds are he isn't going to be a really good QB. I would rather draft one later.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been noted many times how QB's taken in round 3+ rarely amount to anything at all, so the whole notion of finding QB's in the latter stages of the draft is rather silly. Too many people focus on Tom Brady, or very recently, someone like Russell Wilson, but that really isn't even close to the norm. The VAST, vast majority of QB's that ascend to legit NFL pivots are taken in rounds 1 & 2.

If the guys in the suits are looking to get a QB, and have their sights on moving up for Lynch or Cook or somebody....I can't fault it at all. Taking some dude in Round 5 is almost a waste.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's been noted many times how QB's taken in round 3+ rarely amount to anything at all, so the whole notion of finding QB's in the latter stages of the draft is rather silly. Too many people focus on Tom Brady, or very recently, someone like Russell Wilson, but that really isn't even close to the norm. The VAST, vast majority of QB's that ascend to legit NFL pivots are taken in rounds 1 & 2.

If the guys in the suits are looking to get a QB, and have their sights on moving up for Lynch or Cook or somebody....I can't fault it at all. Taking some dude in Round 5 is almost a waste.

Yeah, everyone knows the odds of getting a quality QB drops after Round 1. We aren't targetting a 5th round QB because "he's our guy!"?! We need a top QB but we aren't getting it in this draft, so we're looking at the next best thing......considering the situation.

If drafting a QB in Round 5 is a waste, then what is forcing a trade up to draft Lynch or Cook? First, even Goff and Wentz aren't 'franchise' QB's, so Lynch and Cook drops down even more. Second, if you trade up for a "2nd tier QB", what would you trade away.....a 4th rounder?

What is more of a waste, just using your 5th rounder, or trading away a 4th? Lynch or Cook are the best of the rest, they aren't quality prospects.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is a fool and needs to shut his mouth. So sick of him. i kind of hope we draft a LT now. This guy is talking like he is HOF or something. He was a good RT. Had 1 great year. Don't get me wrong he is talented but he isn't anything special.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AD is a fool and needs to shut his mouth. So sick of him. i kind of hope we draft a LT now. This guy is talking like he is HOF or something. He was a good RT. Had 1 great year. Don't get me wrong he is talented but he isn't anything special.

haa

a few months ago, weren't you assuming he'll not only return, but be that solid RT again?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he saying now? The dumbest thing he did was ripping Stanley's play after a game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke is correct about AD, he doesn't matter till he gets re-instated. He certainly doesn't affect the draft this weekend.