• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he saying now? The dumbest thing he did was ripping Stanley's play after a game.
Makes no sense. Guy is sitting on a couch. let your play do the talking. He rips the front office(yes they suck) but he wasn't complaining when he was receiving checks from them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, so you assumed he'd be back playing.
when a guy says he is coming back u just assume. I did say a couple times IF he comes back if that makes a different.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staley seems to think Brown can do the job. Called him the front runner for the spot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Makes no sense. Guy is sitting on a couch. let your play do the talking. He rips the front office(yes they suck) but he wasn't complaining when he was receiving checks from them.

does make sense, that kind of 'talk' indicates he isn't coming back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does make sense, that kind of 'talk' indicates he isn't coming back.
we still control the power. Thats the funny thing. He has no say. Cant trade him until he comes back. Cant trade retired players

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports Kap likes Kelly. Give u 11.9 million reasons why he likes Kelly LOL

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, everyone knows the odds of getting a quality QB drops after Round 1. We aren't targetting a 5th round QB because "he's our guy!"?! We need a top QB but we aren't getting it in this draft, so we're looking at the next best thing......considering the situation.

If drafting a QB in Round 5 is a waste, then what is forcing a trade up to draft Lynch or Cook? First, even Goff and Wentz aren't 'franchise' QB's, so Lynch and Cook drops down even more. Second, if you trade up for a "2nd tier QB", what would you trade away.....a 4th rounder?

What is more of a waste, just using your 5th rounder, or trading away a 4th? Lynch or Cook are the best of the rest, they aren't quality prospects.

You have no idea what we are getting in this draft. Lynch or Cook could easily turn into the best QB from this class....odds aren't in their favour, but it's definitely not some out of the world though process. I simply stated a fact that after Round 2, QB's are far, far harder to find. Nobody is talking about 'forcing a trade up,' and I couldn't care less about who are considered quality prospects or whatever. I'd rather take a swing and miss and say we tried, rather than hoping to hit the lottery, which is what 5th and 6th round QB's are.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea what we are getting in this draft. Lynch or Cook could easily turn into the best QB from this class....odds aren't in their favour, but it's definitely not some out of the world though process. I simply stated a fact that after Round 2, QB's are far, far harder to find. Nobody is talking about 'forcing a trade up,' and I couldn't care less about who are considered quality prospects or whatever. I'd rather take a swing and miss and say we tried, rather than hoping to hit the lottery, which is what 5th and 6th round QB's are.
I have to agree that Lynch and Cook(who I am not a fan of) is close to Wentz and Goff. They really arent that far off especially with Wentz who has what 8 games under his belt or something like that and played against lesser talented teams.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree that Lynch and Cook(who I am not a fan of) is close to Wentz and Goff. They really arent that far off especially with Wentz who has what 8 games under his belt or something like that and played against lesser talented teams.

I think Cook is probably close to the other two in terms of QB development and NFL readiness. From what I've read of Lynch, he is less developed and his qualities are more physical and high upside. Seems to be some parallels with Kap although there are some differences.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to STFU. I think we should just let him sit and rot like Al Davis did to Marcus Allen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not a fan of Baalke. I gave him a chance and liked what he did at the start but the last 2 years he has done a bad job. I wont be bias with my Final grade after tonights draft. I will be fair. If he does a good job I will say he did a good job. If he sucks it up again I will say he sucks. LOL

New Rumor: Trade up to 4 with Dallas for #7, 3rd rd pick and next years 4th. Dallas wants Elliot and they dont want to take him 4th.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cook is probably close to the other two in terms of QB development and NFL readiness. From what I've read of Lynch, he is less developed and his qualities are more physical and high upside. Seems to be some parallels with Kap although there are some differences.
Yes, Cook should be some what ready to play right away but Lynch has the ceiling of the other 2. People forget Lynch was talked about being the #1 or #2 QB before Wentz came out of no where.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Cook should be some what ready to play right away but Lynch has the ceiling of the other 2. People forget Lynch was talked about being the #1 or #2 QB before Wentz came out of no where.

That's true. I think Lynch is thought to have a higher ceiling than the other two. But getting there is another story, lol

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

you didn't get my explanation, but thats ok.

we're not saying lets PLAN on waiting till round 5 for a QB, and i'll leave it at that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For 49ers, solid draft important beyond 1st pick splash

True, we focus on Round 1 with good reason, but Rounds 2 and 3 must come thru too. Not expecting they come thru like the Round 1 pick, but you get the gist.

IMO all these top 10 guys in this draft are 'equal' value, wish i could have two of them. So falling back to Need, clearly we need OT the most. The O-line IS horrible, plus Staley will be 32 this year. We address a dire Need, and plan for LT now, as opposed to when Staley announces his retirement.

Round 2, hoping our BPA is a QB, even if we trade up a little to get him. If not QB, then a pass rusher if there is one.

Round 3, Prescott if we didn't address QB in Round 2.