• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Fuller in the 2nd rd would be great.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We didnt finish building inside out, we added a little speed with Torrey, neither side of ball looking dominant!! Must do Better!!:):)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sanchez arrival doesn’t end potential pursuit of Kaepernick

IF....IF we want Goff, shouldn't we trade Kaep to Cleveland instead of Denver? We would take less in trade value (late 2nd versus early 3rd), but the odds of getting Goff increases a ton. Yes, someone could still trade ahead of us, but that would seem unlikely due to the HUGE draft cost.

The sticking point for Cleveland is Kaep's cap hit, so that is something Kaep has to work out with Cleveland. But if he really wants to go there (actually leave SF), wouldn't he negotiate with Cleveland in earnest?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would ordinarily say trade some picks into 2017.....IF possible. But we know Baalke's strategy is to draft more prospects, and inrease his odds of success. this means some picks won't make it OR, some picks from recent other drafts, won't.

When we had a good team and 13 picks, he used all of it. So now with a bad team and 12 picks - maybe a 13th for Kaep - he'll surely use all of them.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would ordinarily say trade some picks into 2017.....IF possible. But we know Baalke's strategy is to draft more prospects, and inrease his odds of success. this means some picks won't make it OR, some picks from recent other drafts, won't.

When we had a good team and 13 picks, he used all of it. So now with a bad team and 12 picks - maybe a 13th for Kaep - he'll surely use all of them.

But...will he not use the "playing darts in the dark" approach with this plethora of picks at his hands? (drums, cymbal!!!!)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is it's not his back end guys that aren't panning out it's 2nd and 3rd round guys that should be starters that are routinely sucking.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem is it's not his back end guys that aren't panning out it's 2nd and 3rd round guys that should be starters that are routinely sucking.

there is no doubt Baalke has to draft better, EVERY year from here on. We know he can't hit on all picks, and not all that stick become 'starters'. But he has do better than other NFL teams. Do better more so when you have more draft picks.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four-round mock draft has 49ers addressing offense early

After Goff in Round 1, hoping Round 2 is a LB. A 3-down OLB with pass rush skills is very unlikely, but i'd still draft a QUALITY "situational" pass rusher. If not available, a top OG/C. By our round 2 pick, doubt there will be an OT worth drafting?

I'm not going to worry about LB early in this draft because the they can't get everything and I think better value at WR will dictate taking a WR like they have, not to mention the FO doesn't seem to care who plays next to Bowman. I would probably prefer Fuller from Notre Dame but Coleman is good player as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not going to worry about LB early in this draft because the they can't get everything and I think better value at WR will dictate taking a WR like they have, not to mention the FO doesn't seem to care who plays next to Bowman. I would probably prefer Fuller from Notre Dame but Coleman is good player as well.

if he is the better value, go with WR. I'm always for best value, just that there is no way for us to know? So can't help but go on Need.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez arrival doesn’t end potential pursuit of Kaepernick

IF....IF we want Goff, shouldn't we trade Kaep to Cleveland instead of Denver? We would take less in trade value (late 2nd versus early 3rd), but the odds of getting Goff increases a ton. Yes, someone could still trade ahead of us, but that would seem unlikely due to the HUGE draft cost.

The sticking point for Cleveland is Kaep's cap hit, so that is something Kaep has to work out with Cleveland. But if he really wants to go there (actually leave SF), wouldn't he negotiate with Cleveland in earnest?
Yes we need to watch out for Rams, Eagles, Bears or Saints moving up to grab a QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to like Goff. Im ok with QB Goff and WR Fuller with our 1st 2 picks. Then go Oline/OLB/MLB with the next 2 picks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
eagles are eight now

ok, what did they give up to reach 8th, what do they have left to trade? Didn't they just re-up Bradford, at a costly price? not saying no one will trade ahead, but am saying the odds are very low.

Then, none of these prospects are close to the "Luck" level, so just can't see it.