• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not so sure about that. I mean....everybody assumes as such, and it would be the most logical conclusion, but......what if Kelly has seen enough of Kaepernick already, and feels he's beyond repair?

Just sayin'

yeah, i JUST read an article with Greg Cossell (posted it in another thread), i need to take that back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly likes the QB from Oregon. 3rd or 4th rd pick.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly likes the QB from Oregon. 3rd or 4th rd pick.

If he practices//plays well at the East West Shrine game his stock will surely rise amongst the ranks of QB's in the draft. There are a few obvious favorites and a few that started as favorites and now have question marks. This will be an interesting draft to say the least. As it sits now Goff seems to be the front runner.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he practices//plays well at the East West Shrine game his stock will surely rise amongst the ranks of QB's in the draft. There are a few obvious favorites and a few that started as favorites and now have question marks. This will be an interesting draft to say the least. As it sits now Goff seems to be the front runner.
word is this other QB might get drafted in the top 10. I forgot the kids name.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense, they say the reason kelly got the job of shannahan is because he believes he can win with Kaep for some odd reason.
I saw that but no one knows if its true. It didnt come from the 49ers. It was from outsider. I take it as a grain of salt. If we draft a QB then we know that wasnt true.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense, they say the reason kelly got the job of shannahan is because he believes he can win with Kaep for some odd reason.

That's one rumor being floated, but I have my doubts about that being true. I read somewhere that this came from Jason Cole, the same person who started the Patrick Willis unretirement rumor.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now the only one I see as a 1st round pick is Goff. Could go to Cleveland at #2

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the only one I see as a 1st round pick is Goff. Could go to Cleveland at #2

I think with a new coach and he's suppose to call the plays as well, Browns will go QB with the 2nd pick. They're done with Manziel and I'm sure Hue Jackson wants his own QB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with a new coach and he's suppose to call the plays as well, Browns will go QB with the 2nd pick. They're done with Manziel and I'm sure Hue Jackson wants his own QB.

Hue Jackson has already come out and said he wants to draft a QB with the pick. That probably leaves little doubt what is going to happen

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson has already come out and said he wants to draft a QB with the pick. That probably leaves little doubt what is going to happen

I guess it's Goff at #2, unless someone offers a boat load to the Titans for the #1 pick.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Goff is really worth it. I am hearing more comparisons to Matt Ryan than Aaron Rodgers

Being compared to Matt Ryan isn't bad at all, but I don't know if he is worth a top 10 pick. But if you are the Browns and have very little success and limited options, then why not draft another QB? Since 2007, they have drafted three QB's in the first round. 2007 - Brady Quinn, 2012 - Brandon Weeden, 2014 - Johnny Manziel.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being compared to Matt Ryan isn't bad at all, but I don't know if he is worth a top 10 pick. But if you are the Browns and have very little success and limited options, then why not draft another QB? Since 2007, they have drafted three QB's in the first round. 2007 - Brady Quinn, 2012 - Brandon Weeden, 2014 - Johnny Manziel.

I know they really need a QB, but do you use a 2nd on him is the question. I don't follow college ball and the draft closely so I don't know the other high picks in the draft, but if there is another real impact player available at #2, do you take him instead since Goff doesn't look to be that player? Or do you trade down at least a couple of spots and pick up better picks later?

I guess I always go back to the Alex Smith pick. Turned out to be a good QB but never worth that #1 pick.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they really need a QB, but do you use a 2nd on him is the question. I don't follow college ball and the draft closely so I don't know the other high picks in the draft, but if there is another real impact player available at #2, do you take him instead since Goff doesn't look to be that player? Or do you trade down at least a couple of spots and pick up better picks later?

I guess I always go back to the Alex Smith pick. Turned out to be a good QB but never worth that #1 pick.

1st round Leaf, 7th round Brady...it's literally a crap shoot. You can evaluate talent and measurables at a college level, but there's no sure fire way to be certain it translates to the NFL level.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st round Leaf, 7th round Brady...it's literally a crap shoot. You can evaluate talent and measurables at a college level, but there's no sure fire way to be certain it translates to the NFL level.

From 1983 to 2009, 34 QB's were drafted in the top ten. Half were busts and less than one-third became stars. It is a crap shoot and if a team is lucky enough to land a good QB, that team is set for a decade. Brady is an an anomaly. Usually QB's drafted in the 6th round are career backups or out of the league.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
word is this other QB might get drafted in the top 10. I forgot the kids name.

are you talking about Goff or Lynch from Memphis. I doubt Vernon Adams is a top 10 pick.