• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our 1st pick is still open. Stanley falls u take him , Goff falls u pick him, LB Jack is an option and also CB Alexander, WR Tredwell is also an option. We will have plenty to choose from.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope this year we trade up a little. We don't need 12 picks. maybe trade 2 4th for a 3rd or 2 5th for a 4th. 2 6th for a 5th . Something like that. We have 10 picks for next year also.

not a problem for me either, but it seems like Baalke likes to obtain more picks, AND use them. in 2013 we had a good team coming out of 2012, but he used 11 picks. in 2014 we still had a decent team coming off 2013, but Baalke still used 12 picks.

guess he knows not all will work out, so he drafts more players to increase his odds?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a problem for me either, but it seems like Baalke likes to obtain more picks, AND use them. in 2013 we had a good team coming out of 2012, but he used 11 picks. in 2014 we still had a decent team coming off 2013, but Baalke still used 12 picks.

guess he knows not all will work out, so he drafts more players to increase his odds?
Not gonna scratch my head this season and think Baalke knows how to pick talent. He sucks at it and we have seen the results. He had better pick wisely this time and no more injured players to sit out. We can't afford that strategy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna scratch my head this season and think Baalke knows how to pick talent. He sucks at it and we have seen the results. He had better pick wisely this time and no more injured players to sit out. We can't afford that strategy.
I know but what can you do? Just gotta let things play out

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess just like playing the lottery. Buy more tickets to increase your odds. Let's hope Baalke does a better job this year that in years past.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess just like playing the lottery. Buy more tickets to increase your odds. Let's hope Baalke does a better job this year that in years past.

When the lottery computer is broken your odds aren't so good. I don't have much faith in Baalke, he's been a mediocre GM in the draft and Free Agency.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5 Players to Watch in the 2016 Reese's Senior Bowl 

If we don't go LT at #7, Whitehair might make sense Round 2. He is a college LT who could start off at LG. He could be the back-up LT because we likely lose Boone.

we all know how bad our O-line is, so wouldn't mind if Baalke starts fixing it with a high pick.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 highest-graded unrestricted free agents

guessing one of the first FA's to sign will be an interior O-linemen. somebody like Manual Ramirez. He was a starter last year, but not one of the higher costing FA's.

Need to sign an interior OL since Boone will probably bolt through FA. Right now, Niners have Staley, Kilgore, Devey, Trent Brown and Tiller. Don't want anything to do with Pears and Marcus Martin. Will not count on Anthony Davis since he is officially retired. Really hoping that Stanley will drop to #7. He could play RT immediately. If Davis does comes back, maybe he can play LG along side Staley. Niners also signed Kelly from the CFL. Don't really know much about him. Maybe Staley, Ramirez, Kilgore, Tiller, and Stanley would look nice.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Need to sign an interior OL since Boone will probably bolt through FA. Right now, Niners have Staley, Kilgore, Devey, Trent Brown and Tiller. Don't want anything to do with Pears and Marcus Martin. Will not count on Anthony Davis since he is officially retired. Really hoping that Stanley will drop to #7. He could play RT immediately. If Davis does comes back, maybe he can play LG along side Staley. Niners also signed Kelly from the CFL. Don't really know much about him. Maybe Staley, Ramirez, Kilgore, Tiller, and Stanley would look nice.

agree

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers mock draft 2016: version 1.0 - Inside the 49ers

We can only go by Need and as such, IMO ok regarding positions. Obviously, I don't know if these individuals provide value in these rounds?

If Shaq Lawson is the pass rushing demon, 3 down OLB we covet, great! to me this is the main playmaker of the entire defense.

i tend to think we'll be fine at WR without drafting one here? But won't get mad if Thomas can get open QUICK, and get separation QUICKLY.

No doubt we could use help on the interior of the O-line. An OG is more than fine with me.

Round 4 makes sense for a QB. Whether it is Adams, Prescott, Hogan, whomever, we might get solid value here.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can only go by Need and as such, IMO ok regarding positions. Obviously, I don't know if these individuals provide value in these rounds?

If Shaq Lawson is the pass rushing demon, 3 down OLB we covet, great! to me this is the main playmaker of the entire defense.

i tend to think we'll be fine at WR without drafting one here? But won't get mad if Thomas can get open QUICK, and get separation QUICKLY.

No doubt we could use help on the interior of the O-line. An OG is more than fine with me.

Round 4 makes sense for a QB. Whether it is Adams, Prescott, Hogan, whomever, we might get solid value here.

LOL, so far I have seen four mock drafts with each having the 49ers taking a different player with the #7

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look how disruptive Von Miller is for the Broncos. Niners had that with Aldon Smith and now they definitely need that impact player.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look how disruptive Von Miller is for the Broncos. Niners had that with Aldon Smith and now they definitely need that impact player.

yep, no doubt.

Lynch is good coming from the left side, but we need someone for the right too. If we don't draft an OLB in Round 1, we should still consider one later. A later pick isn't likely to be a three down player, but at least a good situational pass rusher.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, no doubt.

Lynch is good coming from the left side, but we need someone for the right too. If we don't draft an OLB in Round 1, we should still consider one later. A later pick isn't likely to be a three down player, but at least a good situational pass rusher.

depends on if the guy dropped for some reason, an off field issue or was injured in college.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if goff is there at 7 you take him and with browns falling in love with wentz that increases the likelihood that he is there. I would wait until the third for pass rusher because i would like to see how eli harold improves over the off season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if goff is there at 7 you take him and with browns falling in love with wentz that increases the likelihood that he is there. I would wait until the third for pass rusher because i would like to see how eli harold improves over the off season.

If Dallas doesn't snag him first.