• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft Big Board: Teams looking for the next Von Miller

although a DE won't meet our highest need, i'd be ok with it. Just need to be convinced he's the top talent available for our team. Buckner in particular isn't flashy, but i could see the logic of solidifying the D-line - for run and pass. We will need a GOOD D-line rotation, since we expect our D to play extra snaps.

Stanley would clearly fill a big need, cause IMO don't depend on A. Davis. Stanley would be our LT in the not too distant future.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft Big Board: Teams looking for the next Von Miller

although a DE won't meet our highest need, i'd be ok with it. Just need to be convinced he's the top talent available for our team. Buckner in particular isn't flashy, but i could see the logic of solidifying the D-line - for run and pass. We will need a GOOD D-line rotation, since we expect our D to play extra snaps.

Stanley would clearly fill a big need, cause IMO don't depend on A. Davis. Stanley would be our LT in the not too distant future.
I dont like Jack. Too small. This might sound like a mistake but I wouldnt mind them trading back and taking J. Smith or Robert Nkemdiche. Both Top 5 talent who can be taken a little later. Move back to like the #10-12th spot and grab an extra 2nd or 3rd pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know but I just dont like this Wentz kid. Sounds like a Bust pick to me. No name QB that only played in a few games(7 games this year)(team was 8-0 with out him) and played in FCS 1AA school jumping up to the #1 spot. Nah I will pass.

His stock has risen for some reason. He wasn't considered better than a 2nd round pick earlier. Somem analysts I've read don't like him either. Hue Jackson seems to really like him so maybe he'll end up in Cleveland at #2

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stock has risen for some reason. He wasn't considered better than a 2nd round pick earlier. Somem analysts I've read don't like him either. Hue Jackson seems to really like him so maybe he'll end up in Cleveland at #2
If he goes #2 I think Goff lands with us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont like Jack. Too small. This might sound like a mistake but I wouldnt mind them trading back and taking J. Smith or Robert Nkemdiche. Both Top 5 talent who can be taken a little later. Move back to like the #10-12th spot and grab an extra 2nd or 3rd pick.

does the talent level start "leveling off" after six picks? If so, then ok with trading back a little bit. Otherwise, go ahead and draft a high end prospect. Whether QB, LT, or OLB, add an impact player.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the reverse scenario....what if Goff is gone, but Wentz is available when we pick #7? Anybody on board with that...especially those who want to go QB with that pick?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the reverse scenario....what if Goff is gone, but Wentz is available when we pick #7? Anybody on board with that...especially those who want to go QB with that pick?
I don't think we go #7 with Wentz. Doesn't seem like a good fit with Kelly.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we go #7 with Wentz. Doesn't seem like a good fit with Kelly.

Once again i agree with purguy. I think we have to look at wr, ilb, or cb if Goff is gone at 7. I am against anyone injured or going o or d line that early. Maybe just trade back.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree about not drafting Wentz in the 1st round if he is not 1st round talent. I don't want to see the 49ers take a QB in the 1st round just because we need to take one.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again i agree with purguy. I think we have to look at wr, ilb, or cb if Goff is gone at 7. I am against anyone injured or going o or d line that early. Maybe just trade back.

At this point I'd agree with this assessment...I think Goff is the only QB that we'd be interested in and there's no saying what is going to happen at this point with the rumor mill spinning as hard as it is.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't comment much on the actual play of most any of these guys....I know it's the 'funny' season for these college guys, as it makes little sense that all of a sudden, a guy like Wentz shoots to the top of many lists. Maybe he will be the best, but....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't comment much on the actual play of most any of these guys....I know it's the 'funny' season for these college guys, as it makes little sense that all of a sudden, a guy like Wentz shoots to the top of many lists. Maybe he will be the best, but....

I don't watch college ball so I just go off of what the so-called experts report. But drafting QBs can be a crapshoot especially this years group. Even the NFL experts get it wrong all the time when it comes to projecting QBs

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Top five 49ers draft needs

QB and Offensive line were ugly last season, so not surprising he listed these two first. However, "offensive line" isn't just one draft pick?

While we could always use better WR's, this would be 5th on this list for me. BTW - rather not spend the 1st rounder on Laquan Treadwell. Looking at current mocks, don't see him as the best value come #7? IF i'm wrong fine, go ahead and draft him.

We certainly could use a pass rusher and value being 'equal', would take pass rusher over everything but QB.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
link said:
The 49ers have 12 picks in the upcoming draft, a league high, and a projected $55 million in salary cap space to lure free agents to help fit Kelly’s unique scheme and style on both sides of the ball.

That combination keeps me somewhat interested.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guard

Much like the tight end position, it seems to be a pretty weak class at guard. LSU's Vadal Alexander seems to be getting the most play as the top guard in the draft, and he's going to have an opportunity to cement his status there.

At 6-foot-5 and 336 pounds, Alexander is a massive man who excels as a downhill blocker. Though, Alexander lacks the lateral movement to have success against more athletic inside pass rushers. This is where the position-specific drills will come in handy. Can Alexander excel when asked to block out of the three-point stance? We will have answers to this in Indy.

Meanwhile, Baylor's Spencer Drango is also someone to watch here. Playing left tackle in college, Drango may be more suited inside in the NFL. He has a strong finish to his blocks and does extremely well from a run-blocking standpoint in space, something that's going to be huge in the NFL.

Likely a mid-round pick right now, Drango can shoot up the boards simply due to the lackluster class this is at the guard position.

MAYBE this guy in round 4? I tend to think we'll add an OG, even if we draft OT Round 1.

Since our line is so bad, i'd be ok drafting two linemen within the first four rounds. Not calling for it, but would be ok with it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kap staying I see us going OT Stanley or Defensive player.

Sleeper pick MLB J. Smith. I can see Baalke taking a chance on him knowing this kid can be great.