• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry Jones hitches his wagon to Manziel then he really is a Meathead, lol

Manziel would be the back up and he is from Texas and Romo is going to play for another year. Plus, outside of the out the field issues Manziel has improved his game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this draft, Goff and Wentz are both going top 6 barring something ridiculous.

Rams moving from 15 to 6 would only take something like a 2nd round and 3rd round pick. Not exactly the RG3 trade. Cowboys are certainly in play to take a QB. Maybe Chargers. When you have guys like Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith with injury issues, its not hard to see teams just seeing the value in getting a young QB.

Are the Niners a team that would trade up for a QB?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this draft, Goff and Wentz are both going top 6 barring something ridiculous.

Now...I can't tell you much about any of these drafts and how they'll play out, but I do know this. Wentz wasn't going top 6 barring something ridiculous just a mere week or two ago. It flows with the wind....maybe he sticks around or maybe Lynch 'wows' them all and goes first to Cleveland...or whatever.

It's all a crapshoot at this point.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams moving from 15 to 6 would only take something like a 2nd round and 3rd round pick. Not exactly the RG3 trade. Cowboys are certainly in play to take a QB. Maybe Chargers. When you have guys like Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith with injury issues, its not hard to see teams just seeing the value in getting a young QB.

I don't see them trading up. I would be surprised to see Wentz make it up that far. This QB class is not viewed very highly.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chargers won't grab a qb in the first round with rivers coming back and needing help on the o-line and d-line.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: 49ers express interest in WR at Senior Bowl

Niners definitely need help at WR. Rutgers wideout Leonte Carroo seems like he's drawing a lot of interest from several teams including the Niners. With the aging Boldin possibly gone and T. Smith having a disappointing year, Niners could use playmakers on the team.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Niners will trade up for a QB, JMHO. They have so many needs like a RT, an OLB who can rush the passer and even a WR. If Stanley from ND falls to #7, that would be a great scenario, or maybe wideout Laquon Treadwell from Ole Miss.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Niners will trade up for a QB, JMHO. They have so many needs like a RT, an OLB who can rush the passer and even a WR. If Stanley from ND falls to #7, that would be a great scenario, or maybe wideout Laquon Treadwell from Ole Miss.
I don't think they would trade up either. I thought Stanley was a top 10 pick last year. I'd imagine he is the best case scenario for the Niners. I'll probably mock Stanley to the Chargers

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would trade up either. I thought Stanley was a top 10 pick last year. I'd imagine he is the best case scenario for the Niners. I'll probably mock Stanley to the Chargers

Both Titans and the Chargers need OL help. Tunsil and Stanley might be gone before the 7th pick. If both are gone, then hopefully Treadwell might be available.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Titans and the Chargers need OL help. Tunsil and Stanley might be gone before the 7th pick. If both are gone, then hopefully Treadwell might be available.
Treadwell did not run well. He isn't fast. I think we should pass on him. Other options for ND would be LB Jack from UCLA or take a chance on J. Smith(they say his injury wasn't as bad and should be fine), or Alexander CB from Clemson. Another option would be to take the best Pass rusher at the DT positon the player from Ol Miss you has slipped because of off the field issues.

There will be plenty of options.

Dont laugh I had a stupid dream that 49ers took Deforest Buckner DE from Oregon.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treadwell did not run well. He isn't fast. I think we should pass on him. Other options for ND would be LB Jack from UCLA or take a chance on J. Smith(they say his injury wasn't as bad and should be fine), or Alexander CB from Clemson. Another option would be to take the best Pass rusher at the DT positon the player from Ol Miss you has slipped because of off the field issues.

Dont laugh I had a stupid dream that 49ers took Deforest Buckner DE from Oregon.

Let's hope Chip Kelly has his "ducks" in a row.:dhd:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz is the only real deal QB I see in this draft

I can see Goff succeeding depending on where he goes

Lynch isn't ready to start right away, he could be good if he gets to learn behind someone first

Hackenburg could be the steal of this class, James Franklin was an awful coach for him, he didn't fit the offense, which obviously means the 49ers shouldn't take Hackenburg.

Goff is the pick I've seen the most for you guys, he does seem like a decent fit in Kelly's offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no reason to trade up for a QB. 1st off neither QB is worth a trade up , 2nd neither QB is worth a top 10 pick. Stay put and take BPA. We will have alot of options come pick #7.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

wish we could get him, cause then our D-line is improved a LOT for the extra D snaps. The rotation will stay strong throughout the season and play-offs. :-)

But ok, Tunsil or Stanley appears to be more highly rated.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no reason to trade up for a QB. 1st off neither QB is worth a trade up , 2nd neither QB is worth a top 10 pick. Stay put and take BPA. We will have alot of options come pick #7.

Agree don't trade up for a QB it's not like a can't miss guy is sitting there to be had.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading up on him, Wentz does seem to have his positives. He plays in a pro style offense and good at reading defenses and going through progressions. Sounds like he has a step up on some of the other QB's in the draft on that regard.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Super Bowl was a lesson to all the NFL teams, it should be clear that a pass rush will win games. Behind QBs, pass rushers may be the most important players on the team. The 49ers know this firsthand. They had Aldon Smith, who made a world of difference to their defense. Last season they couldn't generate a pass rush and struggled mightily. Finding a legitimate pass rusher will be a top priority for Trent Baalke and Chip Kelly this offseason to pair with Aaron Lynch.

Yep, what i've been posting for some time. Looking at these mocks, doesn't appear we'll get a QB nor pass rusher at #7? Baalke should still consider these guys after Round 1, whenver good value arises.

If none ever arises, then don't force it.