• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 News & Transactions

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even think about the fact that the other two players the Rays got were on the dl. They obviously looking beyond 2016 in this trade, so their gripe about Fox was very dubious. Glad they realized that.

Saw a note at the bottom about Gearrin the Giants needing to make a decision soon. I thought that the team had 30 days before a pitcher on rehab had to be activated. Granted, my source is about 10 years old so it may have changed since then, but if so, based on when he started rehab the Giants have until the 29th of this month to activate Gearrin.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like with Bonds, it's hard to say. I wager Bonds would have 600 or so, A-Rod say 550, but obviously no way to know.
Cannot remember where, but I thought I read an article years ago where the author either tries to calculate or interviewed someone who calculated the added distance on a batted ball for steroid users. It wasn't much. Maybe an extra 5 to 10 feet.
If there was a place that showed the distance of each home run ball hit by Bonds and A-Rod, maybe we could have an idea of what they could have hit clean.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot remember where, but I thought I read an article years ago where the author either tries to calculate or interviewed someone who calculated the added distance on a batted ball for steroid users. It wasn't much. Maybe an extra 5 to 10 feet.
If there was a place that showed the distance of each home run ball hit by Bonds and A-Rod, maybe we could have an idea of what they could have hit clean.

To me it's less about the distance and more about career longevity and recovery from injury. No way Bonds is that good in his late 30s without help.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can just go on enhanced strength either; steroids help your body repair quicker -- this is why they're prescribed after surgery. Thus, steroid users had an advantage later in the season over those who didn't juice due to the fact that their bodies were less worn down.

Bottom line: it's just tough to know. Did they help the GOAT? Most probably. How much? Who knows. Did they help more or less than amphetamines? Can't say.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not experience any issues, but if the hoop does die, let's meet up at run board to decide our next move.

It's been dead for 2 years. We could just do a pre-emptive take-over at this point if everybody made sure that they had a login over there (same as the one here), and then just bookmarked the main thread forum in order to find it easily if needed later...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just creted a "welcome" thread over there for SportsHoopla exiles ... ;)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been dead for 2 years. We could just do a pre-emptive take-over at this point if everybody made sure that they had a login over there (same as the one here), and then just bookmarked the main thread forum in order to find it easily if needed later...
Is it possible for someone to post a link, or would that violate the TOS?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible for someone to post a link, or would that violate the TOS?
I don't know what the new guys rules are for that. It is easy enough to google, though.

My thoughts are that we would just use that as a meeting place to decide what the next move would be. I don't expect anything to happen here, so it is probably all for naught. I don't think we need to do anything active at this point other than just prepare a rally point.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the new guys rules are for that. It is easy enough to google, though.

My thoughts are that we would just use that as a meeting place to decide what the next move would be. I don't expect anything to happen here, so it is probably all for naught. I don't think we need to do anything active at this point other than just prepare a rally point.

I don't know the address of the rally point though, maybe private message it to me (and others)?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think of it as emergency preparedness.