• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might have a 2nd career as a NFL cornerback with how fast you are back pedalling.

this is your MO- its actually a little like LeBrons- passive aggressively run your mouth for months- but when the time actually GETS their to put up or shutup- you just play it off as no big deal- itll all be fine.

well- we shall see who is right- just like i said. Thats the thing i guess you dont get- at some point- time goes on and we see who is right and wrong. and i am DESTROYING you track record wise over the last few months.

How about a 30 day off SportsHoopla bet?
I NEVER said we could keep everyone plus add.
SO PUT UP OR SHUT UP IN THE NEXT 3 MINUTES BEFORE YOU SEARCH AND FIND OUT HOW WRONG YOU ARE.
I said we had the best in the business for figuring things out if and when the time came.
I've always said I've expected Deng to be gone, and we didn't even have Joe when the discussion occurred.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that your definiton of the heat being "fine" and Riley being able to figure it out?

thats the scenario I laid out months ago- i dont see how this team gets better with its cap constraints- and the best thing would be to tear it down and rebuild and focus on the draft and young guys. Now that is your opinion? THAT WAS MY OPINION FOR MONTHS!!! LOL. I am glad i finally got you to come around to logic and reason! ;)

Everything obviously changed when Bosh went down.
How fucking dumb can you be?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's something to be said for zigging a little when everyone else is zagging.

Sure, a throwback center might have trouble defending a small lineup. But a small lineup would have similar issues defending a throwback center.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO PUT UP OR SHUT UP IN THE NEXT 3 MINUTES BEFORE YOU SEARCH AND FIND OUT HOW WRONG YOU ARE.
I said we had the best in the business for figuring things out if and when the time came.
I've always said I've expected Deng to be gone, and we didn't even have Joe when the discussion occurred.
You hear that? That's the sound of shit gettin real.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might have a 2nd career as a NFL cornerback with how fast you are back pedalling.

this is your MO- its actually a little like LeBrons- passive aggressively run your mouth for months- but when the time actually GETS their to put up or shutup- you just play it off as no big deal- itll all be fine.

well- we shall see who is right- just like i said. Thats the thing i guess you dont get- at some point- time goes on and we see who is right and wrong. and i am DESTROYING you track record wise over the last few months.

You already have a second career as a ghost.
You find a way to disappear every time you are wrong.

#coward

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said you did- you kept saying- Oh dont worry- itll be fine- Riley will figure it out- hes so smart- blah blah blah- every time i put up the numbers you poo-pood them and just had this blind faith in Riley to somehow take a situation that is untenable cap wise and for him to magic some solution out of his ass.

It aint gonna happen -and you are FINALLY realizing that. Its finally sinking in. No amount of magic or greasy hair product or an old man showing off rings on his 70 year old fingers is gonna save the Heat this time around. You are FINALLY realizing that and it looks like it pisses you off.

At some point EVERYONE has to pay the piper and go through a painful rebuild. That time is here for the HEat...it shows up for EVERYONE.

GRIN AND BEAR IT....and you can tell me how much your meetings with Alridge and Durant are worth next season when neither is playing for you.

Do what i said a long time ago- trade it all off for picks and rebuild. Its your best option. At least you have a decent start with Winslow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's something to be said for zigging a little when everyone else is zagging.

Sure, a throwback center might have trouble defending a small lineup. But a small lineup would have similar issues defending a throwback center.

This is true, but that player needs to be a highly efficient scorer to take advantage. There are very few centers who are. The best offensive centers today don't do their best work in the low post either.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said you did- you kept saying- Oh dont worry- itll be fine- Riley will figure it out- hes so smart- blah blah blah- every time i put up the numbers you poo-pood them and just had this blind faith in Riley to somehow take a situation that is untenable cap wise and for him to magic some solution out of his ass.

It aint gonna happen -and you are FINALLY realizing that. Its finally sinking in. No amount of magic or greasy hair product or an old man showing off rings on his 70 year old fingers is gonna save the Heat this time around. You are FINALLY realizing that and it looks like it pisses you off.

Do what i said a long time ago- trade it all off for picks and rebuild. Its your best option. At least you have a decent start with Winslow.

So I didn't say it, but I did say it, but I didn't say it?

I did say the Heat would be fine BEFORE Bosh went down.
If he's out, how can you be so dense to not see that it changes EVERYTHING?

If someone asked you today if the Cavs would be fine next year, easy answer is yes.
If James or Kyrie was suddenly was out for the season, would the answer be the same?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but that player needs to be a highly efficient scorer to take advantage. There are very few centers who are. The best offensive centers today don't do their best work in the low post either.
all you need out of your center is a guy that is able to keep the defense honest- maybe score 10-12 a game- and hopefully shoot over 55%.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely. I'm not sure if Whiteside is capable of that... but he's shown flashes.

Hopefully his big payday (which has been a very long time coming) doesn't quell his desire to keep working and improving.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At some point EVERYONE has to pay the piper and go through a painful rebuild. That time is here for the HEat...it shows up for EVERYONE.

GRIN AND BEAR IT....and you can tell me how much your meetings with Alridge and Durant are worth next season when neither is playing for you.

This team was making GREAT strides last season.
We were the 3 seed, without Bosh playing the 2nd half of the year.
Nothing needed to be torn down, just tweeked.
If Bosh and Whiteside are gone, then yes, tough decisions need to be made, but IMO it only involves a possible 1 year setback.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all you need out of your center is a guy that is able to keep the defense honest- maybe score 10-12 a game- and hopefully shoot over 55%.

It also helps the others on the roster if the D has to account for and defend him.
I know exactly where you're going here, but it doesn't work.
Teams don't worry about defending Tristan, and are beyond OK if hes taking the shots.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team was making GREAT strides last season.
We were the 3 seed, without Bosh playing the 2nd half of the year.
Nothing needed to be torn down, just tweeked.
If Bosh and Whiteside are gone, then yes, tough decisions need to be made, but IMO it only involves a possible 1 year setback.
LOL a one year set back?

thats ENTIRELY predicated on hitting a home run in free agency- and as y ou have seen- getting free agents to come when you have no chance at competing is not easy--- and at that point- no Bosh, no Whiteside, Dwayne wade even OLDER...good luck.

it might be a 1 year set back like you said- - It very well might be a DECADE--- ESPECIALLy with the paucity of draft picks and weak protection on those picks. You forget- your whole Big 3 Era was predicated on drafting and developing WAde and attracting FA's. You have NOTHING CLOSE to a Wade to attract FA's now.

Who knows the next time the Heat gets an all star in their prime that can attract free agents.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL a one year set back?

thats ENTIRELY predicated on hitting a home run in free agency- and as y ou have seen- getting free agents to come when you have no chance at competing is not easy--- and at that point- no Bosh, no Whiteside, Dwayne wade even OLDER...good luck.

it might be a 1 year set back like you said- - It very well might be a DECADE--- ESPECIALLy with the paucity of draft picks and weak protection on those picks. You forget- your whole Big 3 Era was predicated on drafting and developing WAde and attracting FA's. You have NOTHING CLOSE to a Wade to attract FA's now.

Who knows the next time the Heat gets an all star in their prime that can attract free agents.
Meh. In the Eastern Conference, leaps and bounds can be made without making a huge splash in FA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. In the Eastern Conference, leaps and bounds can be made without making a huge splash in FA.
you need a star in his prime though. Thats the hardest thing to get in the NBA- BY FAR....really you need 2-3 guys like that...even in Toronto to get to the ECF they had DeRozan and Lowry who are all stars in their primes.

the Bulls have that- its why i would never trade him- an all star 2 way player in his prime on a great contract- most valuable and rare asset in the league. Those are the guys that attract other players.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he's gotta be an offensive threat on the block.

A Shaq/Admiral/Hakeem will always be the most valuable commodity in basketball.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL a one year set back?

LOL at a decade Heat setback.

And why would you say no Whiteside is a deterrent when you say having him is a negative???

#talkingoutofbothsidesofyourmouth

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD in 2010...

Well if he goes to the Heat, he is contradicting himself so that is out of the question.

It is between the Warriors and Thunder, possibly the Knicks.

But the Warriors would lose Ezeli and Barnes, then they would have to get rid of either Iggy or Bogut to free space for KD.

Status
Not open for further replies.