• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow......I'm actually starting to feel sorry for this guy.

Why publicise his Father's doubts?

Plus, isn't he supposed to feel hopeful about attracting the top talent.....lol

Dude gonna be a hermit and go live in the Mountains when he eventually gets fired.

Jim Buss promised his siblings that the Lakers would be "in contention for a championship" within three years. Buss was confident LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony would sign in 2014 and he also told people Dwight Howard would re-sign in 2013. As recently as this season, Jim Buss told people that the Lakers would sign Kevin Durant this offseason and Russell Westbrook in 2017.
pixel.gif

Jim Buss Told People Lakers Would Sign Durant In 2016, Westbrook In 2017 - RealGM Wiretap

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Barnes does not make much sense as a target for them. Not a ton of backcourt options at the top of the class though, and they surely are not getting a player like Conley.

Maybe Lin, Austin Rivers.

They should try to trade for Trey Burke or Bledsoe.

Utah has 5 pg's now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lin, Austin Rivers.

They should try to trade for Trey Burke or Bledsoe.

Utah has 5 pg's now.

Lin would be interesting. I wonder what they would have to give up to get Bledsoe. I don't think Noel/Okafor + a role player or two would get it done.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly off topic but I like to give relationship advice....think of me as tHoop's version of Dr Phil.

If you can find a chick that will let you bang her ass......put a ring on it.

Or envision how many others have opened the back door before you..:L

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex Colts RB Zurlon Tipton dies at age 26 after accidentally shooting himself at a car dealership....

:L

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex Colts RB Zurlon Tipton dies at age 26 after accidentally shooting himself at a car dealership....

:L

Error: Zurlon Tipton not found in NBA database.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are said to be going hard after Barnes this off-season. If he gets a day 1 max offer from the Sixers, it's going to make it really interesting for the Warriors really quickly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PER Stein

The Sixers plan to be serious suitors for Golden State restricted free agent Harrison Barnes at the start of free agency, league sources say

Wouldn't that be some shit. From first to last for Barnes lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly off topic but I like to give relationship advice....think of me as tHoop's version of Dr Phil.

If you can find a chick that will let you bang her ass......put a ring on it.

So basically, don't come to you for advice. Ok, gotchya :suds:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings are interested in Dion Waiters.....please no.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Mannix
@ChrisMannixYS

Not only is Richard Jefferson not retiring, he's looking to play 2-3 more years, sources told @TheVertical. RJ coming off strong year in CLE

10:23 AM - 28 Jun 2016

LOL Nice. He looks good enough where he has a couple more years in the tank.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually been good
He had a good playoff run helping OKC, I'm worried if he went to a team not really contending like the Kings that he'd fall back to being inefficient and shooting the ball a lot. The Kings also got 2 SG's on draft night including Richardson who I think is similar, but young. Depending on the price it could work and the Kings need guards, but there are other options I'd rather them sign.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers Should Stay Away from Whiteside at All Costs

very interesting article- especially the passing thing i thought- if Walton wants to put GSW principles in LA- you cant have a center who is a blackhole passing wise. Spacing with Randle and Whiteside would be difficult.

I think the no pecking order thing is interesting too- right now the Lakers are a blank slate with no pecking order on offense- why screw that up--- lets see these guys develop and what they can do before you take shots away from them.

not only that- but the oldest guys on the Lakers are Nick Young and Lou Williams. Not exactly the ideal veteran support system.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow......I'm actually starting to feel sorry for this guy.

Why publicise his Father's doubts?

Plus, isn't he supposed to feel hopeful about attracting the top talent.....lol

Dude gonna be a hermit and go live in the Mountains when he eventually gets fired.

Jim Buss promised his siblings that the Lakers would be "in contention for a championship" within three years. Buss was confident LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony would sign in 2014 and he also told people Dwight Howard would re-sign in 2013. As recently as this season, Jim Buss told people that the Lakers would sign Kevin Durant this offseason and Russell Westbrook in 2017.
View attachment 132196

Jim Buss Told People Lakers Would Sign Durant In 2016, Westbrook In 2017 - RealGM Wiretap
geezus...

his track record is almost as bad as DJ's with predictions. :pound:

i gotta say- they would be pretty good if they had Melo, LeBron, Durant and RW.... :)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers Should Stay Away from Whiteside at All Costs

very interesting article- especially the passing thing i thought- if Walton wants to put GSW principles in LA- you cant have a center who is a blackhole passing wise. Spacing with Randle and Whiteside would be difficult.

I think the no pecking order thing is interesting too- right now the Lakers are a blank slate with no pecking order on offense- why screw that up--- lets see these guys develop and what they can do before you take shots away from them.

not only that- but the oldest guys on the Lakers are Nick Young and Lou Williams. Not exactly the ideal veteran support system.

I agree that LA would be a bad fit for Whiteside. He needs to play somewhere with an already established culture. Best possible case for him is Miami. The Lakers need somebody like Noah to mentor the kids.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that LA would be a bad fit for Whiteside. He needs to play somewhere with an already established culture. Best possible case for him is Miami. The Lakers need somebody like Noah to mentor the kids.
Whiteside's ideal place for his career is DEFINITELY Miami- he has Alonzo and Juwan babysitting him- he doesnt have to take any of the blame with Wade on the roster--- they should be in the playoffs in the East

If he went to the Lakers and got lazy here or there and the team was losing he would probably get some negative feedback- and then it might snowball from there. You gotta hold this guys hand like no other. If he went to any losing situation and he took some plays off here and there and the fans got on him i bet it could get ugly quick. He was put in a freaking cocoon in Miami.

Noah would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.