• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside's ideal place for his career is DEFINITELY Miami- he has Alonzo and Juwan babysitting him- he doesnt have to take any of the blame with Wade on the roster--- they should be in the playoffs in the East

If he went to the Lakers and got lazy here or there and the team was losing he would probably get some negative feedback- and then it might snowball from there. You gotta hold this guys hand like no other. If he went to any losing situation and he took some plays off here and there and the fans got on him i bet it could get ugly quick. He was put in a freaking cocoon in Miami.

Noah would be perfect.

I like him or Bismack for the young Blazers.

But, yeah.....I wonder about him with no vets.

The Lakers have Legacy ex players at their disposal to mentor him, like you mentioned with Zo and Howard in Miami.

But, if they get him, they will need to sign a Marvin Williams type to reign him in during games and in the locker room.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers have Legacy ex players at their disposal to mentor him, like you mentioned with Zo and Howard in Miami.

But, if they get him, they will need to sign a Marvin Williams type to reign him in during games and in the locker room.

I watched the 30 for 30 on USC football earlier today. I think the positive mentors in LA are outnumbered by the opportunities for trouble. You have to have your head on straight to succeed in that environment.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the 30 for 30 on USC football earlier today. I think the positive mentors in LA are outnumbered by the opportunities for trouble. You have to have your head on straight to succeed in that environment.

Very true.

Money doesn't change people.

It magnifies their shortcomings.

If he's really a dick, he's going John Holmes as soon as he signs that contract.

Being in LA will only exacerbate the situation.

Same could be said for Miami though....lots to do.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside's ideal place for his career is DEFINITELY Miami- he has Alonzo and Juwan babysitting him- he doesnt have to take any of the blame with Wade on the roster--- they should be in the playoffs in the East

If he went to the Lakers and got lazy here or there and the team was losing he would probably get some negative feedback- and then it might snowball from there. You gotta hold this guys hand like no other. If he went to any losing situation and he took some plays off here and there and the fans got on him i bet it could get ugly quick. He was put in a freaking cocoon in Miami.

Noah would be perfect.

If he leaves the Heat, and then melts down, please don't come talking shit to me.
My predictions for him were based on him being here.
I know what is expected and will tolerated here.
We've seen other thrive here, leave, and disappear.
It's def in Whitsides DNA to regress if he's not forced to progress.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation we should all fear is if Lance Stephenson finds his way to NY.

That won't end well.
Fear? That'd be fun to watch. :suds::pop2:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Williams doesn't really strike me as the type of leader in the locker room who can mentor kids.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS:

If the Lakers sign Whiteside in free agency they'll be bringing in Latrewell Sprewell as a special assistant coach whose primary job will be keep track and control of Whiteside.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS:

If the Lakers sign Whiteside in free agency they'll be bringing in Latrewell Sprewell as a special assistant coach whose primary job will be keep track and control of Whiteside.

You had me what the fucking for a second.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just guessing me may need a 2nd offseason thread since the season doesn't start till late October.........and Thursday and Friday will be very active days.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Legacy ex-players aren't the end all be all. Dwight Howard declined any tutoring from Kareem of all people and felt he had the necessary tools. Whiteside could be the kind of guy who feels he doesn't need any help at this juncture.

I'm indifferent on Whiteside - heck of a talent. But I feel we could use the money elsewhere. At the same time, I know if he walks - we're essentially planning the rebuild if Bosh is set to retire this offseason.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe KD isn't coming home. Ive already killed a few pints of Jack because of it.

I never thought it was very likely, but I am disappointed that the Wizards aren't even in his top 6. Terrible year for the Wizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.