• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the text book denition of a cocksucker.

I know that individual Teams have their own beat writers.

But, he is a unabashed Lebron groupie.
how could you not be if you covered LeBron- i mean- obviously not from the hyperbole "groupie" sense- but as a reporter- when you cover LeBron - yah- he says and does dumb stuff at times - and i think windhorst calls him out for that as much- if not more than anyone, but if you are talking about his talent/skills/leadership etc. what exactly is their to get on him about?

This guy is a top 5 guy of all time and just finished his by far his greatest accomplishment and took a team that was in the high lotto to the promised land while the team he left has gone from a title favorite to an also-ran.

I think Wondhorst can come off like a dick at times- but i think he sources most of his info well. Sometimes- as all reporters are- i think he can be used by sources....and things like this on Wade probably overlap into that "used" area- but i dont doubt that he had soundly placed sources.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to if Bosh retires- Wade is going to have a really difficult decision to make about staying. Now if Riley puts a good team around him thats one thing- and thats a possibility- i think Horford would be a great player to sign if Bosh retires- and if Bosh doesnt retire- sign him they have cap room to do something solid if Whiteside leaves- Batum would be really nice....

but i think from this article the very least we can gather is that Wade is going to insist upon a deal that is at least 2 years and at pretty sizable dollars. After how he played last year 2 years 40 i think would be a VERY reasonable demand from him and something he could absolutely do much much much better than on the open market.

Think about that--- with all this money flying around and all of this cap space- if the Knicks miss out on a big man- whats stopping them from offering Wade 3 years 75 million? Or whoever....The Heat are not gonna get away with a 1 year 15 million dollar deal for Wade- not even close.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to if Bosh retires- Wade is going to have a really difficult decision to make about staying. Now if Riley puts a good team around him thats one thing- and thats a possibility- i think Horford would be a great player to sign if Bosh retires- and if Bosh doesnt retire- sign him they have cap room to do something solid if Whiteside leaves- Batum would be really nice....

but i think from this article the very least we can gather is that Wade is going to insist upon a deal that is at least 2 years and at pretty sizable dollars. After how he played last year 2 years 40 i think would be a VERY reasonable demand from him and something he could absolutely do much much much better than on the open market.

Think about that--- with all this money flying around and all of this cap space- if the Knicks miss out on a big man- whats stopping them from offering Wade 3 years 75 million? Or whoever....The Heat are not gonna get away with a 1 year 15 million dollar deal for Wade- not even close.

Pretty sure the Heat doesn't have any plans to give Wade just a 15 million dollar deal with the cap going up and considering they just gave him 22 mill for last year. That is a pretty stupid assumption.

It is just Wade putting pressure on the Heat as he did last year. Said the same nonsense last year and never even got around to setting up a meeting with another team. The guy has been traveling all summer since the Heat season ended. Its not like they even had time to have a sit down face to face convo in the last few weeks. He's been in Europe a lot

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you if he's only looking for 2 years.
Out of legacy/loyalty you overpay a bit.

I think he wants longer.
Wade chose to play with James/Bosh during the years he was worth a full max, for less.
He also chose to accept any other contract he signed.

At his age and with his track record, why would he think any team would offer big dollars long term?

As you know, I'm on record saying that the end of the super max that James will likely sign next year could look ugly at the end.

Whatever the risk is with James has got to be at least multiplied by 50 to expect Wade to be a max type player 4-5 years from now, if that's what he's thinking. Right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you if he's only looking for 2 years.
Out of legacy/loyalty you overpay a bit.

I think he wants longer.
Wade chose to play with James/Bosh during the years he was worth a full max, for less.
He also chose to accept any other contract he signed.

At his age and with his track record, why would he think any team would offer big dollars long term?

As you know, I'm on record saying that the end of the super max that James will likely sign next year could look ugly at the end.

Whatever the risk is with James has got to be at least multiplied by 50 to expect Wade to be a max type player 4-5 years from now, if that's what he's thinking. Right?

I understand all the reasons why people think LeBron might decline, but I don't think the risk is all that high for him. If it were, he would be signing a long term deal this year. LeBron's size and strength will allow him to play at a high level even when he loses his speed and agility. Wade had been successful the last couple years because of his ability to use his strength and finish in traffic. LeBron will do the same. He will still be a top 10-20 player 5 years from now, because he is that good today.

I agree signing Wade long term is very risky.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping Wade is bluffing...he is a good veteran to have especially with the new players the heat added and are going to add. It helps to have a good championship proven guy who is still capable of putting up good numbers on your team. Giving him less but securing him with a longevity contract would be beneficial to the heat considering how much the cap is going to keep going up. Pay him now and he will a bargain later. Even in his late 30's he's better than some of these young guys.

:welcome:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree this is a negotiation tactic between Miami and Wade.

I doubt many other teams would be looking to pay Wade big $. Not any contending teams, anyway... and why would he leave Miami for anyone but a contender??

Sometimes negotiation tactics is all it takes to open the door to other opportunities, though.

It does feel to me like Wade has sacrificed a LOT for the Heat organization... including a lot of $$$. It always seemed like there was an understanding that they would take care of him down the road. A disagreement on what that means at this stage in his career could cause pretty strong emotions, I think.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand all the reasons why people think LeBron might decline, but I don't think the risk is all that high for him. If it were, he would be signing a long term deal this year. LeBron's size and strength will allow him to play at a high level even when he loses his speed and agility. Wade had been successful the last couple years because of his ability to use his strength and finish in traffic. LeBron will do the same. He will still be a top 10-20 player 5 years from now, because he is that good today.

I agree signing Wade long term is very risky.

In 6 years, James will be 37 and if he continues to have deep playoffs runs will have played an insane amount of games/ minutes.
If anyone can keep it up, it's him, but I highly doubt it.

As far as taking a long term max now, no way.
It would make zero sense for multiple reasons.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree this is a negotiation tactic between Miami and Wade.

I doubt many other teams would be looking to pay Wade big $. Not any contending teams, anyway... and why would he leave Miami for anyone but a contender??

Sometimes negotiation tactics is all it takes to open the door to other opportunities, though.

It does feel to me like Wade has sacrificed a LOT for the Heat organization... including a lot of $$$. It always seemed like there was an understanding that they would take care of him down the road. A disagreement on what that means at this stage in his career could cause pretty strong emotions, I think.

Both parties should agree to a 4 year deal with player option for 4th to lower the average salary per year.
Then in year 4, Wade opts in and Heat put him on IR.

#paulpierce

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO not trade Kevin Love unless its a cant miss deal. Kevin Love really seemed to play good ball once Lue took over. He obviously played a really good Game 7- and had some really good moments in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Kevin Love 2015/'16 Season and Playoffs:

Regular season: 16 pts, 9.9 boards, 2.4 assists, 41.9% from the field, 36% from 3 (took a LOT of three's)
Postseason: 14.7 pts, 8.8 boards, 2.1 assists, .385% from the field, 41.4% from 3 (lol- shot WAY higher from 3 than from the field).

Chris Bosh's last year with LeBron James 2013/'14 Season and Playoffs:

Regular season: 16 pts, 6.6 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 51.6% from the field, 33.9% from 3....
Playoffs: 14.9 pts, 5.6 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 50.7% from the field, 40.5% from 3.

So- in Kevin Love's first real post season run- he puts up numbers that are pretty much identical to Bosh's after going to the Finals 4 times.....this is with Kevin Love throwing some REAL stinkers in their once in a while.

DO NOT TRADE KEVIN LOVE. First- if someone in the EAst does indeed ever want to emerge and challenge LeBron- he will be instrumental in beating them. 2nd- the oldest adage in the NBA- never trade a dollar for 4 quarters. Third- he is on a great contract. Fourth- we won- and he made some damn great plays in Game 7 to do it he can stay as long as he freaking wants to in my book. Fifth- he is still one of the best rebounders in the league, he is still one of the- if not the best big man shooter in the league and has to be respected at all times and that spacing does wonders for LeBron and KI, he is still one of the best passing big men in the league - especially those crazy outlet passes.

Do not trade Kevin Love. Before all is said and done LeBron/KI/Love/Thompson could do some REALLY REALLY great things- on top of what they have already done.

I really do think Lebron will make Love a better player and Lue will too, especially on the defensive end. He sees these other guys work their ass off and defense and it looked like it motivated him and the drive of winning. He showed a lot of heart in his first legit postseason go round even though he struggled at times. Just think he got benched for a couple games in the Finals, mainly bc of matchups and he comes back and plays his ass off in Game 7. Anyways, I think Love will only become a better teammate on this team and he learned a whole lot in his first postseason, like you said, unless they get a great offer keep him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: But, Phil Jackson should have him on speed dial just in case.

Sources told ESPN.com that Wade’s representatives have made it known to multiple teams over the last several days that he will be on the market. Some teams have been skeptical, wondering if Wade would seriously consider leaving the franchise where he has played 13 seasons and won three titles. The Heat and Wade had several contentious weeks last year before they agreed on a one-year, $20 million deal for this past season.
– via ESPN.com

Wade to replace Afflalo at SG and insurance at PG for when Rose misses games? I like the way you think!!!!

:kiss:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping Wade is bluffing...he is a good veteran to have especially with the new players the heat added and are going to add. It helps to have a good championship proven guy who is still capable of putting up good numbers on your team. Giving him less but securing him with a longevity contract would be beneficial to the heat considering how much the cap is going to keep going up. Pay him now and he will a bargain later. Even in his late 30's he's better than some of these young guys.

Welcome!!!!

There's a slightly used fruit basket for new members in the reception area of tHoop.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw lebron is opting out. I'm sure that by going for a bigger contract it's bound to help the cavs out, right :rolleyes2:

Status
Not open for further replies.