• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw lebron is opting out. I'm sure that by going for a bigger contract it's bound to help the cavs out, right :rolleyes2:

We'll have to see what he does. If he does another 2 year with a 1 year opt-out... it actually gives the Cavs more flexibility. Of course it gives LeBron flexibility too, which is really why he's doing it.

LeBron has stated that he feels an obligation to the rest of the players and the union to take the max. I think he will probably stick to that... BUT by giving himself opt-outs every year... he leaves the door open to taking a discount deal allowing the Cavs to go after another big player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are a dumb fuck. I'm not a Cavs fan. I've probably only watched a dozen or so basketball games my entire life.

Asking if the group you have labeled "Cavs fans" includes me is not a declaration of my fandom.

You're way out of your depth, lady.

Wrong thread. Either keep up or stop drinking sonny!

Plus, we can tell you don't watch basketball...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to see what he does. If he does another 2 year with a 1 year opt-out... it actually gives the Cavs more flexibility. Of course it gives LeBron flexibility too, which is really why he's doing it.

LeBron has stated that he feels an obligation to the rest of the players and the union to take the max. I think he will probably stick to that... BUT by giving himself opt-outs every year... he leaves the door open to taking a discount deal allowing the Cavs to go after another big player.

You really think he's going for a discount deal though. If anything, their title only means lebron has a tighter grip of gilberts balls.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think he's going for a discount deal though. If anything, their title only means lebron has a tighter grip of gilberts balls.

No, like I said... I'll think he'll stick to his stated goal of taking the max.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No matter what LeBron ever does you'll always find something to complain about. It's what you do on a nonstop basis.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what LeBron ever does you'll always find something to complain about. It's what you do on a nonstop basis.

Why does that bother you so much? Are you losing sleep because of it?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does that bother you so much? Are you losing sleep because of it?

Doesn't bother me @ all. Actually I find you to be funny w/ your never ending rants about him. Please continue your gibberish.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron would have to take a significant discount for the Cavs to bring in another quality player. If Lebron were to simply up and leave Cleveland. They're committed dollar amount to the 9 players they have for next year is $79 million. Lebron can't opt out and re-sign once they has someone signed with that dollar amount.

Cleveland Cavaliers Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

He still has a relatively large cap hold on the roster until he re-signs with the team or if the Cavs renounce his bird-rights. Lebron has also said that he's not taking discounts from here on out - and he shouldn't have to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't bother me @ all. Actually I find you to be funny w/ your never ending rants about him. Please continue your gibberish.

Please find a quote of mine about lebron that wasn't true.

I'm in no rush - take your time!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron can't opt out and re-sign once they has someone signed with that dollar amount.
That's true. I forgot about that. Opt-out players still count at their previous salary while other players are signed.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to bust my ass today and Thursday because Friday I won't be getting much work done at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.