• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Free Agency Talk

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Brock's deal is insane. But I guess the Texans were pretty desperate and had to steal him from denver.

See, that's why a certain someone's signing wasn't all that impressive, the money is getting out of control yet again. I think part of the Brock deal is that they didn't stick with him after he helped get them to the SB, I don't blame him, they didn't stick with him, why should he stick with them. But ya, that's a lot of money for having 7 NFL starts!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, some are just head shakers doomed for failure by a consensus of brain trust.

True, but usually by regimes who are in fear for their jobs, so they overreach/overpay for players(like Jerry Reese seems to be doing big time right now)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of sounds like a certain someone?
Can't help yourself can ya Smed!

Thought we all agreed (Coug too) that we wouldn't muck up this thread with that sort of BS. No?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help yourself can ya Smed!

Thought we all agreed (Coug too) that we wouldn't muck up this thread with that sort of BS. No?

Could have meant Jenkins, Brock, or just about anyone so far this year? And if you are inferring to someone else, it was agreed not to mention what's his names name!

I know your feelings on it and I shouldn't have put that on your post, but sometimes Coug just gets me going and I can't help
myself, but I will apologize to you anyway, sorry!:(

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have meant Jenkins, Brock, or just about anyone so far this year?
And you are right, you could have. But we all know better, you didn't, simple as that.

No apology necessary though brother, I'd just prefer and probably the lot of us would prefer, that we keep this thread on track and talk about the free agents going into the NFL new league year. :nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are making a strong push for CB Smith from KC. Along with other teams. That will take big money I would think.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is in Oakland now... Oakland isn't playing around this year.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a little over 24 million left to spend and not a whole lot out there to improve our offense, it looks as though our front office is going to try an improve it through the draft yet again. With the exception of Todd Gurley, how has that worked out for you Jeff? SMH!!!!! This team will not be a playoff team under this current leadership. Look for another 7-9 or 6-10 season to open the Los Angeles era. Seats will start emptying and fans will be heading to Oakland to root for a winner by the bye week.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a little over 24 million left to spend and not a whole lot out there to improve our offense, it looks as though our front office is going to try an improve it through the draft yet again. With the exception of Todd Gurley, how has that worked out for you Jeff? SMH!!!!! This team will not be a playoff team under this current leadership. Look for another 7-9 or 6-10 season to open the Los Angeles era. Seats will start emptying and fans will be heading to Oakland to root for a winner by the bye week.

Our current WR's.....

1. Austin
2. Britt
3. Quick
4. Marquez
5. :eek:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you get your taxes back and let's say you get $2000 back.. Do you just go spend it all as soon as you can, just to spend it all? Or do you spend it wisely in a way that makes sense?

Not sure what you are expecting them to do. It's now day 2 of free agency. If a guy like Kaepernick gets released, it would be great to have the cash to get him. Won't be able to if we just spend it all to spend it all.

Plus we are looking at some good picks in the draft that will need to be signed. Who are you wanting to sign?

Day 1 we signed:

Trumaine Johnson signed his franchise tender
Mark Barron
William Hayes
Brian Quick
Tim Barnes

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams weren't going to be able to keep all their FA's, so I don't know what some of you were expecting.

Giants overpaid to get Jenkins ( he is making more than Sherman - that's just stupid ).

McLeod was overpaid by the Eagles.

And like Retro has pointed out, the Rams have guys already in house to make the jump to fill those spots.

I would've liked to see them make a run at a WR upgrade, but that didn't happen. Guess we will wait for the draft for that.

And Mack was the only OL worth going after and he signed with Atlanta, so no upgrades there.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We resign Brian Folkerts and keep some more depth at Center.

Benny Cunningham receives a low tender, set to meet with the Patriots today.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, many of those FAs like Folkerts are not playing anywhere else and will take whatever the Rams offer. Cunningham is probably going to bolt. I don't see him wanting to be used sparingly behind Gurley. We will be drafting a RB in the draft and Malcolm Brown is going to see serious playing time this year.