• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2024-25

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings considered losers in FA. Color me shocked. Per TA:

Joel Edmundson, Los Angeles Kings

Contract: $3.8M x four years
Surplus value: -$2.9M per year

Back in 2019, this might have been a fine deal. But in the year 2024, it feels completely unjustifiable.

Edmundson was OK last year and had a solid bounce-back season after dealing with injuries for a bit — but OK just means he looked like a third-pairing guy rather than completely unplayable. Over a four-year term, the Kings might see that version of Edmundson sooner rather than later. The 31-year-old is unlikely to age well and already doesn’t look like the No. 4/5 he’s being paid to be.

These guys also said Edmonton got a steal in Arvidsson for 2 years/$8 million to be that winger Draisaitl didn't have. We will wait and see but I wouldn't be surprised to see him hurt by December.

No way Arvidsson gets 60games. But i think he gets a lot of points, i think him and Foegle kinda swapped spots

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading write-ups on all the teams. Nashville did go really big. Didn't even see they also added Brady Skjei to replace McDonough. All hard-to-spell team with Marcessault from Vegas too. Definitely got a ton older, but all in on winning now. I kinda like it because you got the #1 defenseman and #1 goalie already. Might as well shoot your shot. They look like a 2-3 year window to do something and then those contracts will be really tough.

Conversely, what is Carolina up to? Let some of their guns go and really didn't replace them. Seems like maybe tired of being disappointed and falling short. I see Martin Neccas is still an unsigned RFA. Would love LA to find a way to add that guy.

Most telling and disappointing this I've seen is how much Matt Roy and Sean Walker just got in free agency. Sean Walker was the throw-in so Philly would take Cal Petersen. Philly moved him at the trade deadline for a 1st also (albeit late first). So Blake basically gave Philly a 1st and 2nd to take that Petersen contract. Then Matt Roy walked for nothing and signed with Washington. I guess this LA defense was just that good a few years ago? When they took Edmonton to 7 games. Maybe just ran into a tough team and panicked.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Necas is all offense, no care for his own end at all....i tend to stay away from those guys, sure that offense is great but when not scoring you wonder why they on the ice.

Skeji is a great pickup, he is very good imo. I agree that the Preds look like a team trying to win and look like a contender Dal, Col, Edm, Nash, LV and Win look like the locks for PO with LA joining Stl, min, Cal, Sea as hoping to sneak in and relying on the rest of those teams to stay bad.... I think Ana, Chi suprise this season....Kings got a hard road