• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Commit List

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 16980 Riley's gonna have to win with what he's got on the roster now before recruiting will pick up in any big way.

I do like his 500 mile emphasis theory. Nebraska's only blueblood competitor in that diameter is Oklahoma who's primary recruiting ground is to their south in Texas.
500 miles is a one day trip. Proximity for parental travel was obviously a factor in getting Stoll over Texas. Stoll can also easily make the drive home for holiday breaks.

Isn't Missouri historically one of the best recruiting states in the country?

We should dominate that shit.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry RA now I bumped your pic off the page for those who only see 20 posts per page.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Missouri historically one of the best recruiting states in the country?

We should dominate that shit.

I don't know about that, but they've been good to Nebraska.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was just a few years ago Missouri was ranked #1 overall for best CFB recruits by star ranking.

All I know is this, just like the study that Brasky did a couple years back showed, teams who were picking up double-digit 4-star recruits were going to and winning Natty's.

It is simply a fact. No 2 ways of going about it. You gotta stock up on 4-star players first. Otherwise you'll be left trying to pull off a miracle like Snyder attempts every season and always falls short in the end when athletes really matter.

And then there is USC.....stock piling 5-star players who are driving Hummers straight out of high school. They suck and always will now that they don't have the best coach in the world anymore. USC is average.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas recruiting analysts are borderline enraged they lost to Nebraska on this kid. They're in shock. Saying they'll be hard pressed to find another player with his skill set in this class. This one they are saying particularly stung because Texas is in desperate need for tight ends.

He wasn't some throw away offer for UT, guys. They wanted him bad and they lost.

I love me some HCMR

Oh, and FUCK TEXAS.

surprised they aren't trying to save face and say some bullshit about how they didn't want him badly

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always tell which 5-star players are going to live up to their rating..........they're the ones that don't go to USC.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have posted this stuff before, it is very surprising how FEW elite football players the state of Illinois puts out.

You have the Chicagoland and St. Louis(east St. Louis), Illinois is the fifth most populace state. Is it ever mentioned up there with Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, or North Carolina? Nope.

Historically, Dick Butkus and Red Grange. If there are others, beats me.

Luckily, Jordan Westerkamp, Tanner Farmer, Matt Finnin, Mikale Wilbon, and Vincent Valentine love the color of red.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we just go get every black kid that plays in Bradenton, Florida.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farniok is from South Dakota... also Chicago is more about basketball in High School than football... a lot of the best basketball players usually come from there.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have posted this stuff before, it is very surprising how FEW elite football players the state of Illinois puts out.

You have the Chicagoland and St. Louis(east St. Louis), Illinois is the fifth most populace state. Is it ever mentioned up there with Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, or North Carolina? Nope.

Historically, Dick Butkus and Red Grange. If there are others, beats me.

Luckily, Jordan Westerkamp, Tanner Farmer, Matt Finnin, Mikale Wilbon, and Vincent Valentine love the color of red.

You would think Chicago and its suburbs alone would put out a lot more d1 talent. Nope.

Finnin hasn't done a whole lot other than talk about how he's gonna do a whole lot. Total bust.

Wilbon is my favorite back we have on roster.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Simmons... formerly committed to Miami just committed to Nebraska. 3-star kid with a ton of potential. Will likely receive a bump in rating throughout senior season. Big addition. Jojo Domann likely to be the fourth and final LB commit tomorrow.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way Matt Farniok (and his younger brother who could be just as good) and his whole family visited Lincoln today and the visit went really well. Apparently Farniok is down to 5 and Nebraska is near the top. Not sure when a decision will be coming but Nebraska still in the thick of things.