• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Commit List

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is becoming a trend: Another under the radar kid whose recruitment may very well blow up.

Texas was pursuing hard for a reason. Another case of identifying talent early on.

6'5'' 225 4.65 40!!! with a frame that'll easily allow for more weight without slowing him down. All the tools to be a great receiving TE. I'm guessing Riley is going to want a packed TE room and this is a good addition.

He would play right now. He's the best looking TE we will have had in a long time.

Is he the baby Gronk that is tOSU commit jake Hausmann? (Look at his hudl film and I defy you to tell me that's not Gronk in disguise out there) I don't know, but add ten more lbs and he's darn close.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear him on the drop the mike radio show. Kid is pure bad ass

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, 5-star kids always come in with huge expectations and 4-stars always outshine them.

It is just simply a fact. Google it en sech.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, Bo always got the 4-star players that nobody else pursued hard enough because nobody else cared enough.

They were 3-star players in disguise.

Also, Brasky God Dammit......ye are the one who posted an entire thread dedicated to showing how stars relate to championships. Now you're playing Jed and turning the table on us.

4-stars = Championships. Period.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is becoming a trend: Another under the radar kid whose recruitment may very well blow up.

Texas was pursuing hard for a reason. Another case of identifying talent early on.

6'5'' 225 4.65 40!!! with a frame that'll easily allow for more weight without slowing him down. All the tools to be a great receiving TE. I'm guessing Riley is going to want a packed TE room and this is a good addition.

He would play right now. He's the best looking TE we will have had in a long time.

Is he the baby Gronk that is tOSU commit jake Hausmann? (Look at his hudl film and I defy you to tell me that's not Gronk in disguise out there) I don't know, but add ten more lbs and he's darn close.

Cethan 'ton be very solid if he stays healthy. Maybe no freak, and idk much about this new commit, but for now, Cethan will be the man obviously, and he'll be a good one

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Nut (or anyone else that follows recruiting closely), can i get short sum up of how the class is overall so far, and how its looking like it could end up heading in to the fall and beyond?

….to your best guess of course as recruiting is finicky

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cethan 'ton be very solid if he stays healthy. Maybe no freak, and idk much about this new commit, but for now, Cethan will be the man obviously, and he'll be a good one
Snyder and Carter will prob be the duo this year. Riley uses a TE in 95 percent of his plays and 2 TE's in 65 percent of his plays.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in a good spot with a lot of big time talent on the oline

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for Rileys first two TE's, he went head to head with Michigan and Texas and won both. He's probably thinking "wow this really ain't Oregon State anymore".

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in a good spot with a lot of big time talent on the oline
Farniok will be the unspoken crown jewel of this class if we can reel him in.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas recruiting analysts are borderline enraged they lost to Nebraska on this kid. They're in shock. Saying they'll be hard pressed to find another player with his skill set in this class. This one they are saying particularly stung because Texas is in desperate need for tight ends.

He wasn't some throw away offer for UT, guys. They wanted him bad and they lost.

I love me some HCMR

Oh, and FUCK TEXAS.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Nut (or anyone else that follows recruiting closely), can i get short sum up of how the class is overall so far, and how its looking like it could end up heading in to the fall and beyond?

….to your best guess of course as recruiting is finicky

Well, the class is looking pretty good right now. Nebraska got two very high caliber QBs in this class. O'Brien is a 4-star on 247Sports (and likely on every other service prior to his senior season) and Terry Wilson just debuted in the ESPN top 300 this week. So... 2 4-star QBs. We have the top OG in the nation and some other very very solid players. Dismuke and Quayshon Alexander were huge pulls for this class... both 4-star caliber players. Of the 11 commits 5 are 4-stars on at least one service while at least 2-3 others have shot at it. Stars aren't everything but they do tell some of the story.

Now for the players we have a shot at... Nebraska is close to reeling in the #1 prospect in Colorado (according to some) in Jojo Domann and could even pull Carlo Kemp in (outside shot) which would mean they nabbed the top 3 players from Colorado. Not to mention all of the talent that we might pull out of Kansas (Xavier Kelly, Amani Bledsoe and Isaiah Simmons et al) as well as Matt Farniok, arguably a top 5 OT talent in the country. Also, 4-star LB committed to USC is looking at visiting Nebraska as well. And the fall hasn't even started yet. When all is said and done I think this class is Top 25 at the worst and Top 15 at the best.

However, what's really exciting is the start this staff is getting on the 2017 recruiting class.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fans are having an epic meltdown on the SB boards over this one. It's fucking glorious.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets just hope MR can keep it together. i mean what % of early commits usually end up flipping to somewhere else given how long there is until signing day?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
college_football_map.jpg Riley's gonna have to win with what he's got on the roster now before recruiting will pick up in any big way.

I do like his 500 mile emphasis theory. Nebraska's only blueblood competitor in that diameter is Oklahoma who's primary recruiting ground is to their south in Texas.
500 miles is a one day trip. Proximity for parental travel was obviously a factor in getting Stoll over Texas. Stoll can also easily make the drive home for holiday breaks.