• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Pirates

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of how I imagine trade talks with Amaro over Hamels going.

"So, who do you want for Hamels?"

"Top prospects."

"Who?"

"Top. Prospects."

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs are making me wonder with the Motte signing. I guess after being bad for so long you need to overpay/gamble. With the Cubs they can afford to do that and not wait on player development.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle is closing in on a trade for a hitter. Probably Marlon Byrd, but until there is a name we can all look through their minor leagues to find out who we would take for Pedro.

On a not completely unrelated note, Andrew Lambo is now #15 which means he would have to severely tank to not make the 25 man out of spring. He is also plan B at first base. Seems like overkill to carry 3 left handed hitters that would be limited to RF.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we trade for Eovaldi, it won't center around Pedro I guess. Although, some reports suggest they never wanted Pedro anyway, so there's that.

Good deal for the Marlins. I bet Pedro was probably plan C if they couldn't get Morse.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is closing in on a trade for a hitter. Probably Marlon Byrd, but until there is a name we can all look through their minor leagues to find out who we would take for Pedro.

On a not completely unrelated note, Andrew Lambo is now #15 which means he would have to severely tank to not make the 25 man out of spring. He is also plan B at first base. Seems like overkill to carry 3 left handed hitters that would be limited to RF.

Perhaps all these bench lefties are the result of us having such a right-handed starting lineup? :noidea:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Steamer has Lambo at a .255/.309/.431 line.

Saw that Mariners are on Byrd's no trade list, and he has not been asked to waive it yet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie V is closing in on a two-year, ~$20MM with the Royals. I do not expect that to end well for them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, that Rays/Padres/Nationals swap was something else. :shocked:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bench will be

ss: pick your favorite waiver claim
of: Snider/Polanco
c: stewart
ut: rodriguez
The options left gang of many: Lambo, Cumpton, Sanchez, Sadler, Sellers, Elmore, Scahill, Laframboise, Gullimet, Decker and the master of clearing waivers: one Jose Tabata.

Getting that last bench spot out of spring training guarantees you 1 game, after that it will be all about matchups, who needs a few days off, and a fresh arm in the bullpen has to comeup after this 18 inning game.

We might set the mlb record for roster moves this season. I cant remember having a legion of meh guys with options left on the 40man roster like this, NH will be giddy all year filling the 25th spot on the roster at will, Hell, we are even over the magic number of 10, we can make a roster move after every game.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bench will be

ss: pick your favorite waiver claim
of: Snider/Polanco
c: stewart
ut: rodriguez
The options left gang of many: Lambo, Cumpton, Sanchez, Sadler, Sellers, Elmore, Scahill, Laframboise, Gullimet, Decker and the master of clearing waivers: one Jose Tabata.

Getting that last bench spot out of spring training guarantees you 1 game, after that it will be all about matchups, who needs a few days off, and a fresh arm in the bullpen has to comeup after this 18 inning game.

We might set the mlb record for roster moves this season. I cant remember having a legion of meh guys with options left on the 40man roster like this, NH will be giddy all year filling the 25th spot on the roster at will, Hell, we are even over the magic number of 10, we can make a roster move after every game.

I think the starting 8 are set, the only ones I am not 100% sure on would be Pedro and Polanco, but still they are going into the season with every shot to hold the positions. The rotation is pretty much set as well, as is the bullpen for the most part.

That just leaves the bench, Stewart is sure to be there, and so is Snider, and so is Rodriguez, that leaves 2 spots for a backup MI, CI/OF. I would go with Lambo as the backup at first and 5th OFer. The 3rd string MI is pretty much irrelevant, so it doesn't much matter.

Bullpen should be Melancon, Watson, Bastardo, Hughes, Holdzcom, LaFromboise, and Cumpton/Locke/Sadler.

Rotation of Cole, Liriano, Burnett, Morton, Worley/Locke.

Shouldn't be much movement outside of injuries.

Late in the season I could see Kingham, Glasnow, and Taillon coming up as bullpen help if we are in the race.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I forgot about Liz in the bullpen mix. He should be there in the last 3 mix.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the starting 8 are set, the only ones I am not 100% sure on would be Pedro and Polanco, but still they are going into the season with every shot to hold the positions. The rotation is pretty much set as well, as is the bullpen for the most part.

That just leaves the bench, Stewart is sure to be there, and so is Snider, and so is Rodriguez, that leaves 2 spots for a backup MI, CI/OF. I would go with Lambo as the backup at first and 5th OFer. The 3rd string MI is pretty much irrelevant, so it doesn't much matter.

Bullpen should be Melancon, Watson, Bastardo, Hughes, Holdzcom, LaFromboise, and Cumpton/Locke/Sadler.

Late in the season I could see Kingham, Glasnow, and Taillon coming up as bullpen help if we are in the race.

i still hope pimentel can get some regular work and be a 7th inning guy and maybe future 8th or 9th guy, or at least showcase something so he can be a nice chip in a deal.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i still hope pimentel can get some regular work and be a 7th inning guy and maybe future 8th or 9th guy, or at least showcase something so he can be a nice chip in a deal.

I forgot about Pimentel, he could replace LaFromboise, then add LaFromboise to the mix with the other 4 for the last spot.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if that last bench spot could be suited for speed vs worrying about position? They brought back Gorkys Hernandez and if you need a pinch runner he could do the trick. Outside of that there is no reason to have him take time from prospects playing in AAA. If position is needed it probably will be either Elmore, Sellers or Florimon which ever of their crap sticks the best. As for Hernandez he could replace one of those three or Jaff Decker on the 40 man roster pretty easily.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florimon seems plenty useful, can play a good ss, has some speed, has stolen bases, and is a switch hitter, a lot of specific skills that make him a no-brainer, IMO, as the 25th man.

DS mentioned Everth Cabrera a while back in this thread, they both have similar skill sets, with Cabrera having the longer track record.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers DFA's Kyle Jenson today seems like the type of player that would be worth a NRI if he clears waivers. He had a 260/331/481/812 slash line in AAA New Orleans last year with 27 HRs. Throws left and bats right.

I really don't know much about the guy but he doesn't seem like a complete bum.

Burns80y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well scratch my last idea. They just signed Corey Hart.