• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people have said it somewhat hurts the Warriors' chance of repeating as champs because they are chasing this record, but to me it may help. Keeps them sharp, each game already playoff intensity. When the playoffs happen they will be primed. But then I talk myself the other way, the intensity may be stressing them, some laughers would be nice.

I think so to. The only "old" players that play heavy minutes on the Warriors are Iguodala and Bogut. Most of their core are still in their 20's. Furthermore, the Warriors know that simply breaking the Bulls '96 record isn't enough. They know they must finish with a title to end the chirping from the peanut gallery.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people have said it somewhat hurts the Warriors' chance of repeating as champs because they are chasing this record, but to me it may help. Keeps them sharp, each game already playoff intensity. When the playoffs happen they will be primed. But then I talk myself the other way, the intensity may be stressing them, some laughers would be nice.

Yeah, it really depends, imo. The main issue that I think most have is getting rested before the playoffs. But the Warriors are young enough that rest really shouldn't be much of an issue. The Spurs also had a shot at the record, but rest is more important for them because of their overall age.

Basically, if they get the record and win the title, everyone will say how awesome they are and will say what you said about keeping them sharp by giving them something to focus on at the end of the season.

If someone important gets hurt, especially in the regular season, or they get the record, but don't win the title, everyone will criticize them for chasing regular season records instead of getting ready for the playoffs.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it really depends, imo. The main issue that I think most have is getting rested before the playoffs. But the Warriors are young enough that rest really shouldn't be much of an issue. The Spurs also had a shot at the record, but rest is more important for them because of their overall age.

Basically, if they get the record and win the title, everyone will say how awesome they are and will say what you said about keeping them sharp by giving them something to focus on at the end of the season.

If someone important gets hurt, especially in the regular season, or they get the record, but don't win the title, everyone will criticize them for chasing record season records instead of getting ready for the playoffs.

This.

Basically hindsight will be the only way to tell whether or not how the Warriors proceed from here on out will be a good decision or not.

The Bulls record was thought to be unbeatable. The Warriors, or any other team for that matter, may not have a shot like this again to break that record. The Championship is the ultimate goal, but the Warriors will still go down as an all-time great team if they're able to break the record. They won't be considered better than the Bulls if they don't win the title, and even arguably if they do end up winning the ship. Warriors have to take this opportunity.

The best motivation really is to have the team play extremely focused and dominate their opponents. This would allow Curry, Draymond, Klay, etc, to all be able to rest in the 4th quarter of a few of these closing games. If they're able to dominate 4 games against their remaining opponents and not have to play guys in the 4th quarter, that's the equivalent of resting them for a game.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging the Clippers without Blake Griffin is pretty dumb. Not saying they would beat the Warriors 4 of 7 with Blake but take the 2nd best player off any of the top teams and see if they can beat the Warriors. In the first 2 meetings when Blake played, the Clippers either had the lead or the game was tied with under 2 to go. In the 2 games without him, the Warriors dominated the Clippers.

If Blake is healthy, Warriors will need 6 games to advance. If he's out they'll sweep them

The Clippers haven't beat the Warriors this season, with or without Blake. So knowing that stat, whether he plays or not is probably a moot point.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers haven't beat the Warriors this season, with or without Blake. So knowing that stat, whether he plays or not is probably a moot point.

A Clippers/Warriors series will obviously be more competitive if Blake is available. Take the 2nd best player of any team and see how they do against the best team in the league. You can throw these last 2 games out if these two happen to meet in the 2nd round. There is a huge difference in having Mbah a Moute as your starting PF instead of Blake.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Clippers/Warriors series will obviously be more competitive if Blake is available. Take the 2nd best player of any team and see how they do against the best team in the league. You can throw these last 2 games out if these two happen to meet in the 2nd round. There is a huge difference in having Mbah a Moute as your starting PF instead of Blake.
So then Blake is waiting for the post season before he makes a difference against the Warriors? What happened in those games that he played? LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then Blake is waiting for the post season before he makes a difference against the Warriors? What happened in those games that he played? LOL

The 2 games he played in were completely different basketball games than the 2 games he did not play.

The Clippers actually outplayed the Warriors in the 2 games that Blake did play while they got completely dominated in the 2 games he didn't play. I know its hard for you to believe but yes a player who avg 22 and 9 does make his team better.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 games he played in were completely different basketball games than the 2 games he did not play.

The Clippers actually outplayed the Warriors in the 2 games that Blake did play while they got completely dominated in the 2 games he didn't play. I know its hard for you to believe but yes a player who avg 22 and 9 does make his team better.
Not hard to believe he could make them better. What's hard to believe is you think the Clippers are the best team to beat them in a 7 game series. Not the Spurs who are the BEST defensive team in the league and have actually beat the Warriors, but the Clippers who rarely play defense and have played them 4 times and lost each time.

You always use stats to help support your claims but in this case seem to ignore them. It's odd imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hard to believe he could make them better. What's hard to believe is you think the Clippers are the best team to beat them in a 7 game series. Not the Spurs who are the BEST defensive team in the league and have actually beat the Warriors, but the Clippers who rarely play defense and have played them 4 times and lost each time.

You always use stats to help support your claims but in this case seem to ignore them. It's odd imo.

I think its unfair to even use the last 2 games. Against the Warriors you need to be at full strength in order to beat them because of good they are. You're never beating the Warriors when you're 2nd best player who just happens to be one of the best PF in the game is in a suit.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its unfair to even use the last 2 games. Against the Warriors you need to be at full strength in order to beat them because of good they are. You're never beating the Warriors when you're 2nd best player who just happens to be one of the best PF in the game is in a suit.
I agree that it takes a team at full strength to beat the Warriors, but we can't just not count the last two games because Blake was out. If we did that then we'd also have to throw out the last game between the Warriors & the Spurs since they didn't have their best defensive guy (iggy).

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redick hits the buzzer beater game winner for the Clippers over Portland.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Gerald tells DeAndre to watch and learn how to make a FT... then misses :pound:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPURS are going to rest Leonard, Green, Mills, and Diaw tonight versus the Grizzlies

I know Memphis is also banged up, but I guess POP is already in rest for the playoffs mode.

I am guessing it is because their home field position seems set in stone relative to GSW, OKC, LAC, and CLE.

But, It would suck to lose the home winning streak because Popovich decided to rest 4 of his top 8 players.