• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story is getting more and more sketchy. The lady said she didn't know that these guys were athletes and that she needed help from instagram to identify them...

Turns out this lady used to be a reporter and did several segments on Nick Young where she interviewed him in person... like in this video.

She knew exactly who they were.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That screen happens atleast once in every game I think without doing it purposely

Doesn't matter if it is on purpose or not. He sets the most moving screens in the league by far and the refs continue to ignore it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS.

It's one thing to hate the guy on the court, that's fine. But as you said drawing conclusions on his character off the court is plain stupid.

Draymond Green grew up in one of the worst areas in the Country. He was a 4 year collegiate player, who everyone said would never make it as a pro. He's got a tireless work ethic and has improved every year he's been in the NBA and transforming into an All-star and top 2 defender in the NBA. He's gracious to fans, well spoken, makes generous donations to his former alma mater and charities, and stays out of trouble.

Sounds like a total dick to me

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't get fans drawing any conclusions about how good or bad of a person a player is. Short of serious criminal convictions I don't think I know enough about any of them to draw any such conclusion. There are moments when I might see a player act like kind of a douche or like a nice guy... but that is one tiny moment.

Its like when you hear someone talk about a celebrity... "Oh yeah that guy is a total dick. I met him once and he barely even acknowledged me".

Yeah, I mostly agree with this. I think that if enough comes out over the years, we can get enough info to at least make an educated guess about what type of person they are.

For example, @TurnUpTheHeat has commented on a few occasions re: Lebron's actions at season ticket holder events, etc. that he finds him to be a bit of a prick (and this was when he was in Miami). I've posted with him long enough now, that I tend to believe him on this. Although, I also understand that I, or someone else, may have a completely different point of view if given the same opportunities to interact.

There's also been enough said by former teammates that we can make a pretty educated guess that, at least as a teammate, Kobe can be a bit tough to get along with (to put it nicely).

I agree though, that on the whole, these guys can get painted pretty negatively based on 1 interaction that a fan didn't like or one bad moment.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. If you're hoping your kids look up to athletes as role models, then you're probably not doing a very good job anyways.

You can hate the way he conducts himself on the court, but Draymond is one of the good guys out there. Just like CP3 is a bitch on the court, but he's a great guy off of it.
Seriously, you have to consider the source of that post & that should clear things up.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That screen happens atleast once in every game I think without doing it purposely
And as a Cavs fan he should probably NOT comment on other players that foul-considering LBJ commits so many offensive fouls when he plays in the post it's ridiculous.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. If you're hoping your kids look up to athletes as role models, then you're probably not doing a very good job anyways.

You can hate the way he conducts himself on the court, but Draymond is one of the good guys out there. Just like CP3 is a bitch on the court, but he's a great guy off of it.
On the flip side he probably thinks Delly is a model citizen-despite his questionable court antics.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you will be drafting him next round?

:lol:

Sadly, I considered him with my last pick. I was looking for a vet b/u PG for CP3. I then remembered things didn't work out so well last time for Farmar when he was his back-up. :lol:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer local guy.
He is harmless, but ridiculously in the tank for the Spurs.

He is not the worst in the league at being a homer, but he is definitely in the top 10 or so.
He is funny though as well....and makes jokes to lighten the mood. He is not boring for Spurs fans.

But, every single call is a bad call against the Spurs.
That is no different than any other guy on an NBA team's payroll.

I love listening to Spurs games on away radio for the homer calls and cheesy local commercials around the league.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you will be drafting him next round?

:lol:

I think it is against the rules to name drop -- so I can't answer. The story about story about Farmar helping Nick Young (when he was at USC) did bring a tear to my eye. I may throw my last pick out to a good humanitarian.

Has Baron Davis been signed yet by an NBA team ? Can we pick guys in the D-league not on an NBA roster ?

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer local guy.
He is harmless, but ridiculously in the tank for the Spurs.

He is not the worst in the league at being a homer, but he is definitely in the top 10 or so.
He is funny though as well....and makes jokes to lighten the mood. He is not boring for Spurs fans.

But, every single call is a bad call against the Spurs.
That is no different than any other guy on an NBA team's payroll.

I love listening to Spurs games on away radio for the homer calls and cheesy local commercials around the league.

I don't start threads ... but a good one would be who is the biggest homer announcer.

As the first pick in the draft, I choose Tommy Heinsohn.

With league pass, I get to hear quite a few ... no one is like Tommy. It is interesting to hear some local broadcasts, because it is clear when some announcers are impatient with the team -- not always positive.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't start threads ... but a good one would be who is the biggest homer announcer.

With league pass, I get to hear quite a few ... no one is like Tommy. It is interesting to hear some local broadcasts, because it is clear when some announcers are impatient with the team -- not always positive.

Do they have to be alive? Because if not, Johnny Most is far and away the biggest homer announcer in the history of any sport. He is the reason that Celtics fans think that the only time they lose is when they are screwed by the refs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Heat likely won't make the finals, if for some reason they do, I would prefer the Warriors over the Spurs. The Spurs just destroy us every time. At least with the Warriors, were typically in the game for 48 minutes

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clyde Drexler is pretty bad.......and of course Austin Carr

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Heat likely won't make the finals, if for some reason they do, I would prefer the Warriors over the Spurs. The Spurs just destroy us. At least with the Warriors, were typically in the game for 48 minutes

Oh man, you are going to be in soooo much trouble when @Hambombs sees this. :heh: