• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also shoe size changed from 10-1/2 to 13 in two years in his 30s.

You shut your...well I don't know what teams you root for... loving, mouth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also shoe size changed from 10-1/2 to 13 in two years in his 30s.
i dont really care---everyone was using roids- and Bonds got mad because he wasnt and Bonds felt like he was getting taken advnatage of- guys like McGwire and Sosa who did not have NEARLY the skill of Bonds were getting all the pub and money and blah blah blah....

so Bonds evened the playing field and showed that he is simply one of the best athletes- and a top 5 baseball player of all time.

Does he deserve the hall of fame? I think so.....I dont think you can ignore a whole generation of steroid users when it was so prevalent....

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont really care---everyone was using roids- and Bonds got mad because he wasnt and Bonds felt like he was getting taken advnatage of- guys like McGwire and Sosa who did not have NEARLY the skill of Bonds were getting all the pub and money and blah blah blah....

so Bonds evened the playing field and showed that he is simply one of the best athletes- and a top 5 baseball player of all time.

Does he deserve the hall of fame? I think so.....I dont think you can ignore a whole generation of steroid users when it was so prevalent....

I agree. Not to mention that MLB was complicit. They knew what was going on and turned a blind eye because ratings and attendance were soaring.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spears meant a lot to Yahoo and is even a better person based on this piece Woj wrote dedicated to him.

From Adrian Wojnarowski:

A few words about Marc Spears, who leaves us for a fantastic opportunity at The Undefeated site on ESPN.com.

It has been an honor to work with him for the past several years, and one of the joys of my life to call him a friend. It felt like we spent a thousand days and nights together chasing big and small stories, all of them -- all together -- putting Yahoo Sports on the map for NBA coverage. He never slept. He never rested. Marc could get star players to open up to him, because they trusted him, because he put people at ease. He is 6-foot-7, played college ball and it’s no accident that he’s the only NBA writer who ever stood toe-to-toe with a pissed-off Tony Allen and never blinked.

Whatever we became covering the league at Yahoo, we became in immense part because of Marc Spears.

Marc gave me so much credibility with players in the league:. Because I worked with him, a lot of guys were more apt to trust me. That was true with agents, coaches, executives too.. Once we hired Marc at Yahoo, everyone’s game elevated. Walk into an arena with Marc and it was just remarkable to watch him work. It wasn’t only the coaches and players, the referees and scouts. Marc knew the ushers too. He knows everyone. There is such a pied piper quality to Marc. I learned so much from him.

Of course, Marc is a hell of a lot more than a great journalist. He’s a sweet, kind man and a mentor unlike I’ve ever seen in our business. He is one of the most generous people I’ve ever met; generous with time and advice for young journalists, with spirit and a smile for everyone. There isn’t a young person who has ever approached Marc who didn’t come away smarter, sharper and more encouraged. He’s done it a formal capacity as an official with the National Association of Black Journalists, and probably far more often in press rooms, locker rooms and hotel lobbies all over the country.

After I told my family the news of Marc’s move, my son said, “ESPN and an Arsenal fan? I’m not sure I can be friends with Marc anymore.” Of course, he was laughing. Whoever this job has allowed me to build relationships with in the NBA, I am sure of this: None were ever more popular, more beloved in my household than Marc Spears. My daughter will never forget Marc wearing his big fur coat in New York City’s Times Square on All-Star Weekend in 2015, and swallowing her up in a big hug. He would reach out, check on her as she made a transition to a new school, a new school year. Marc feels like family, because he is family.

It doesn’t matter where he’s working, because he will always be one of us at Yahoo Sports. Farewell to one of the founding fathers of this site, one of its true builders. You’ll always be a part of us, Marc, and always be loved here.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Marc Spears left Yahoo for ESPN. Pretty big get for ESPN

That's a big get. I was wondering why he wasn't part of Woj's The Vertical since they seemed pretty close

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big get. I was wondering why he wasn't part of Woj's The Vertical since they seemed pretty close

Probably because it was kind of like putting all their eggs in one basket. If you had one segment of their with super strong reports, but lacked strength elsewhere it would have hurt the overall contributions.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better, I love me some Lincecum.

#TheFreak

Yeah, it's kind of a shame how his career has winded down. Many people thought because of his mechanics he wouldn't last long in the Majors, and he did more than probably most scouts believed he would during his peak. I hope he finds a spot on a team. He's kind of in a catch-22 position. He's probably best suited for a relief role, but he walks too many people to be a reliable reliever.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's kind of a shame how his career has winded down. Many people thought because of his mechanics he wouldn't last long in the Majors, and he did more than probably most scouts believed he would during his peak. I hope he finds a spot on a team. He's kind of in a catch-22 position. He's probably best suited for a relief role, but he walks too many people to be a reliable reliever.

Always liked watching him pitch, hated that he was pitching for the Giants. I always thought his mechanics were pretty cool to watch too. Unfortunately, it looks like the folks who said it would shorten his career were right.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked watching him pitch, hated that he was pitching for the Giants. I always thought his mechanics were pretty cool to watch too. Unfortunately, it looks like the folks who said it would shorten his career were right.

He was almost unhittable at his peak. Unfortunately that peak was short lived. Back to back cy-youngs though will be what he's remembered for hopefully.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was almost unhittable at his peak. Unfortunately that peak was short lived. Back to back cy-youngs though will be what he's remembered for hopefully.

Yeah he was. As a Dodgers fan, I always loved and hated when they had to face him. I loved it because I appreciate dominant pitching and like you said, he was almost unhittable. I hated it, because it was my Dodgers trying to get hits off of him. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors made 15 first half threes in Dallas tonight.....Feels like they should be up by more than 6

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perk was up to his old tricks tonight. What a piece of shit

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers most likely locked down the #2 spot in the Lotto Ball race with the loss to the Suns tonight. However they tried like hell to screw it up in the 4th quarter, getting back to within 3 after being down 15. Suns made a game effort to outtank there and LA almost fell for it. Almost