• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was LeBron the prime years, there might be an argument for it. But he's not there now, he's starting the decline. Still very good, but not the same. Even then it's crazy to have one player make the decisions for your franchise, they were pretty much forced into giving TT a big deal because of him when they could have gotten a solid backup PF for a LOT less.
Miami got 4 finals trips and 2 titles out of LeBron, not bad. And they've done enough with the team this year that would make them legit NBA finals contenders if Bosh was playing. Cavs can enjoy their trip to the finals again this season but unless they WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP it's gonna be looked at as a failure, and I don't see them beating the Warriors or Spurs 4 times out of 7.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that you consistently ignore is your "facts" are nothing more than you speculating and bloviating. You have zero facts to back up anything you claimed. You presented not a single fact.

Riley won a title with the Heat without Lebron. That is a fact.

You claimed that 99% of Riley's success in Miami was because of Lebron. That is not a fact. Without Bosh, D-Wade and Ray Allen (to name a few) Lebron has the same number of championships in Miami as he does in "The Land."

its the truth. I mean- which one doesnt look like the other? lol

A. NBA Finals
B. NBa Champions
C. NBA Champions
D. NBA Finals
E. 10th in the East

hmmmmm.........lets see....which one doesnt match? Im going with choice E...what happened that year...did Riley leave? ohhh...no LEBRON left......wait what was the Heats record the year before LEBron got there? Oh they were 5th in the East...the year before that? They were DEAD LAST in the East.....hmmmm.....something is DIFFERENT the years LeBron was there....i just cant put my finger on it...lol

like I said

the second LeBron signed in Miami Riley knew he was going to the Finals and had a chance to win. The second LeBron left Pat Riley knew- that at the age of 70- his team would never again compete for a championship before he decides to ride off into the sunset. If LeBron stays? Who knows. I dont. Maybe they never win it again. Maybe they do. I just know- and so does Riley- KNOW they wont get close again before Riley hangs em up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A. NBA Finals
B. NBa Champions
C. NBA Champions
D. NBA Finals
E. 10th in the East

hmmmmm.........lets see....which one doesnt match? Im going with choice E...what happened that year...did Riley leave? ohhh...no LEBRON left......wait what was the Heats record the year before LEBron got there? Oh they were 5th in the East...the year before that? They were DEAD LAST in the East.....hmmmm.....something is DIFFERENT the years LeBron was there....i just cant put my finger on it...lol

like I said

the second LeBron signed in Miami Riley knew he was going to the Finals and had a chance to win. The second LeBron left Pat Riley knew- that at the age of 70- his team would never again compete for a championship before he decides to ride off into the sunset. If LeBron stays? Who knows. I dont. Maybe they never win it again. Maybe they do. I just know- and so does Riley- KNOW they wont get close again before Riley hangs em up.

You do realized Riley been with Miami for more than 5 years right?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A. NBA Finals
B. NBa Champions
C. NBA Champions
D. NBA Finals
E. 10th in the East

like I said

Where's 2006?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A. NBA Finals
B. NBa Champions
C. NBA Champions
D. NBA Finals
E. 10th in the East

like I said

It will be hilarious if they make the Eastern Conference Finals this year then to hear you come up with some lame reason how being one of the final 4 teams left is not close to a championship.

The best thing about Pat Riley and the Heat Organization is that they always find a way to still be a competitive, pretty solid basketball team while in their rebuilding process....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like it is a perfect time to post this tweet again since 99% of Riley's success was due to Lebron.

Dude. Stop it. The Showtime Lakers were built off the Lebron gene. Didn't you hear? That '06 title, Lebron was secretly the Finals MVP. Wade quoted him as much - "Lebron just called me up and said hey man, do your thing out there, and just make sure to score more than the other team."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know a poster is a true loser when they choose to totally ignore the first 15 years of Pat Riley time with Miami

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't know Pat Riley just got hired by the Heat in 2010
I keep forgetting that, good thing Wiggy the Cavs fan reminds us during Heat History class.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take a look at Cleveland.

Pre-Lebron
A-Z. No playoffs

During-Lebron

A-Z. No titles.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know a poster is a true loser when they choose to totally ignore the first 15 years of Pat Riley time with Miami

Yeah, seriously. He picks the one bad year we had, which was due to a litany of injuries. Let's take a look at the history of that pathetic franchise.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @trojanfan12 let's ignore Kobe first 17 seasons in the NBA and act like it never happened. Let's jusge Kobe's career based on the final 3 years......It's the cool thing to do these days

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat haven't done shit without Lebron. - Wiggy

Heat have had 17 winning seasons in the last 21 years (including an NBA title in '06, that didn't include *gasp* Lebron).

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was LeBron the prime years, there might be an argument for it. But he's not there now, he's starting the decline. Still very good, but not the same. Even then it's crazy to have one player make the decisions for your franchise, they were pretty much forced into giving TT a big deal because of him when they could have gotten a solid backup PF for a LOT less.
Miami got 4 finals trips and 2 titles out of LeBron, not bad. And they've done enough with the team this year that would make them legit NBA finals contenders if Bosh was playing. Cavs can enjoy their trip to the finals again this season but unless they WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP it's gonna be looked at as a failure, and I don't see them beating the Warriors or Spurs 4 times out of 7.

Last year, Lebron went to the NBA Finals missing the 2nd & 3rd best player on his team and was within 1 shot of being up 3-0 in the series.

For some weird reason, his outside shooting is apparently getting worse. I don't understand that.

This is one of the reason NBA playoffs should be fun this year. The Cavs are expected to make the Finals & lose -- now will it happen ??? And if they do well (or suck) -- is it Lebron's fault ?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Lebron went to the NBA Finals missing the 2nd & 3rd best player on his team and was within 1 shot of being up 3-0 in the series.

For some weird reason, his outside shooting is apparently getting worse. I don't understand that.

This is one of the reason NBA playoffs should be fun this year. The Cavs are expected to make the Finals & lose -- now will it happen ??? And if they do well (or suck) -- is it Lebron's fault ?

Wiggy will claim that Lebron's better than ever. Hell, Lebron has said this is the best he's felt. Lebron's clearly not though as evident by his jump shot being gone for the entirety of the season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know a true freaking mental midget when they refuse to read

ive said at least 3 times- Riley- hall of famer- great job-

going out a loser his last few years.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had Love in round 1 and Kyrie for at least part of round 2. Was it impressive to sweep Atlanta and win 2 games against GSW with no Love and mostly no Kyrie? Yeah, which is probably why they kept most of the team together. They think if they're healthy they got a shot, I don't believe it unless the Thunder or Clippers somehow win the West but I guess time will tell. The 3pt shot could be just all the years of games including 5 straight finals trips giving him tired legs, who knows.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news with Indy losing at home to Orlando by 20 tonight and Chicago defeating Houston, this means the Bulls are just one game back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. NBa Champions
C. NBA Champions

How many of those does Cleveland have?

Also, none of the rest of the bullshit that you posted refutes anything I said and none of it backs up anything you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.