• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 4 point play was cool! definitely a good feel-good moment last night...it looks like it loosened them up a little bit.

Tonight vs. the Lakers--- should be fun- want to watch Russell and Randle...

Yeah I loved seeing JR, Kyrie, LeBron, & Tristan all get excited as they did when it went down. They all know Love has been struggling the last few weeks. He had just missed a few 3's... including one on the same position... but they kept trusting him and giving him good looks.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks should fire Kidd.

How is a team with that much talent on the roster... 11 games under .500?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with Lebron on this

James told USA Today: "n my career I've done nothing but big-up the guys who paved the way for us. ...So it does kind of suck when you've got guys who played before us and paved the way for us. they like to talk down on a lot of our players, saying, 'Well if they played in our era it wouldn't be the same.'"

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give props to the Kings commentators. I only had one eye roll moment (when the 1 guy wanted a travel on LeBron after he got hockey checked by Acy) the whole game.

1 eye roll moment is very low for local commentators. Austin Carr averages about 1 eye roll moment per minute.

I had Kings broadcast on also, and to be fair they sais travel was AFTER the foul.
The discussion was should it be continuation.

And, it was pretty funny, they were saying the Kings shouldn't guard Love because he was so awful all night and then we saw what happened. They jinxed themselves.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I loved seeing JR, Kyrie, LeBron, & Tristan all get excited as they did when it went down. They all know Love has been struggling the last few weeks. He had just missed a few 3's... including one on the same position... but they kept trusting him and giving him good looks.
Tristan Thompson played great last night.....after LeBron- that guy just brings it practically every night and plays hard..Cousins got his points but Thompson made him work and held him to 36% shooting....went for 18 pts 15 boards himself-- and he tied Austin Carr last night for most consecutive games played in Cavs history. This guy is going to have a long, succesful career in Cleveland with LeBron...he is just the ideal kind of player to match up with a Big 3.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Kings broadcast on also, and to be fair they sais travel was AFTER the foul.

And, it was pretty funny, they were saying the Kings shouldn't guard Love because he was so awful all night and then we saw what happened. They jinxed themselves.

Oh, I missed that they were referencing the continuation. I still completely disagree (looked like a Dirk wrong-foot fade after the contact)... but at least it makes sense now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks should fire Kidd.

How is a team with that much talent on the roster... 11 games under .500?
they losta lot of shooting and professionalism with Dudley leaving, Pachulia leaving and - one more guy i am forgetting that was a good vet.....

they need shooting and some vets and some time.....they badly need a PG that can stretch teh floor- because when you have PF and C like Giannis and Monroe- you just gotta have other guys that can shoot on the floor.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I missed that they were referencing the continuation. I still completely disagree (looked like a Dirk wrong-foot fade after the contact)... but at least it makes sense now.

Must be refreshing for you to not have to deal with Austin Carr. Next 3 Cavs games are on national TV so you get a week off from that tool.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They've done that on more than one occasion this year, there was a game(might have been at dallas) where the Kings had a lead late and there was a comment made about the Kings were close to getting a big win and then they completely crumbled. Of course the jinxing commentary is the least of this teams problems.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with Lebron on this

James told USA Today: "n my career I've done nothing but big-up the guys who paved the way for us. ...So it does kind of suck when you've got guys who played before us and paved the way for us. they like to talk down on a lot of our players, saying, 'Well if they played in our era it wouldn't be the same.'"

It wouldn't be the same. The rules were different, the game was more physical and the 3-point shot was either non-existent or a new novelty. Really not that difficult to understand. Doesn't mean that great players today wouldn't still be great players, it just means it would be different because they would have to play differently than they do today.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be the same. The rules were different, the game was more physical and the 3-point shot was either non-existent or a new novelty. Really not that difficult to understand. Doesn't mean that great players today wouldn't still be great players, it just means it would be different because they would have to play differently than they do today.

Understandable. I think the issue is that these guys today are always showing the previous eras a shit ton of respect only to have those guys basically shit on them. That can't be a good feeling so I understand where LBJ is coming from.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. I think the issue is that these guys today are always showing the previous eras a shit ton of respect only to have those guys basically shit on them. That can't be a good feeling so I understand where LBJ is coming from.

How are they shitting on them? By pointing out facts? Seems like today's guys are a bit soft if they take offense to that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they shitting on them? By pointing out facts? Seems like today's guys are a bit soft if they take offense to that.

Rodman: "If LeBron was playing in the late '80s and early '90s, he would be just an average player"

Cedric Ceballos: "My 94 suns team would torch this warriors team"

Oscar Robertson: "[Curry] has only shot well because of what's going on in basketball today. If I've got a guy who's great shooting the ball outside, don't you want to extend your defense out a little bit? These coaches do not understand the game of basketball, as far as I'm concerned"

I could go on and on, but these aren't facts. They're embarrassing opinions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everything those guys say are actual facts. Some of it is more of an opinion.

It's a fact that the rules were different and would change the way the greats today would have to play. Sure, some of it is opinion. But it's opinion based on the facts of how different the game is today and some is obviously exaggerated for emphasis (like Barkley saying Steph would be knocked into the 3rd row).

For example, some of the past greats have said that MJ would average 50 points per game under today's rules. It seems fairly obvious that MJ would average more under today's rules because the "Jordan Rules" would result in flagrant fouls. However, it's an exaggeration to say that he'd average 50 per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.