• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw last 3 minutes of game, so really wasn't making an overall judgment.
My observance was that he didn't appear to be a focal point of anything when the game most mattered.
thats not his fault-- if LeBron wants to just hijack the ball all the time.

on Espn.com there is a GREAT 10 minute segment posted yesterday with Windhorst on LeBatard---- Windhorst basically says that LeBron does what he wants- and plays what position he wants- and it hurts the teams continuity

for example- the game Kyrie sat out against OKC---- Mo Williams is out- Delly is on a minutes restriction because of some lingering injuries- so LeBron plays PG most of the game. Plays AMAZING. The Cavs have one of their best games of the season beating the crap out of OKC in their building.

Windhorst says- LeBron thinks- wow- maybe i should play more PG- so in the next few games- LeBron basically starts playing PG on his own- Kyrie's assist totals go way down- but its not because hes not passing- its because hes playing off the ball becuase LeBron is dominating the ball----- then- on a night against the Wizards and Celtics where LeBron does not have to guard big power forwards- he plays PF- Windhorst said that in a game against the Jazz with Miami- LeBron moved to PF in the 2nd half and beat the crap outta Favors who had been dominating- and Miami made a huge comeback and almost won- but that day after the game- LeBron tweets a picture of him in an icebath basically his passive aggresive way of saying i cant play PF all the time vs. big guys....

So - depending on LeBron's mood- he can and will play PG, SF, or PF---- and the other guys not knowing and not being able to get some continuity really hurts.....somedays they will give Love 10 touches on the elbow- the next game maybe hes just playing outside because LeBron wants to play down low- and Kyrie doesnt know if hes playing PG that night- or SG-.....it can be frusterating. You can never prepare for the Cavs because you just dont know whats coming most nights- and i dont think they know either....I think its probably from top to bottom the most talented roster in the league outside of maybe GSW- but its just maddening somtimes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love assisted 2 huge 3's in the final minutes

The problem that I saw with it was that he passed when he had open shots. Granted, one of them was to Lebron who hit the shot. But Love passed on open shots that he was brought in to make. It's not a problem right now because they hit the shots, but if he does that in the playoffs and they miss, it will be viewed differently.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly didn't just turn the ball over- he made a HUGE mistake (foul before the ball was inbounded) which I think really cost them that game.
Delly got HOSED on that jump ball though, that was clearly over the back...the guy jumped on Dellys back and basically tackled him. it should have never got to that point...why lebron decided to drive 3-1 though and get tied up for the jump is its own thing though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pathetic effort by the Cavs ...i fell asleep for the 2nd half - cant believe they lost that game....that is a shit loss right there....

I watched the whole game. It was one of their worst games in awhile. Glad they had a shot at the end but they had 20+ turnovers and Love looked like shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly got HOSED on that jump ball though, that was clearly over the back...the guy jumped on Dellys back and basically tackled him. it should have never got to that point...why lebron decided to drive 3-1 though and get tied up for the jump is its own thing though.

Yeah, that should have been called. He didn't foul him when he tipped the ball, but then he landed on Delly's back. The coronary Austin Carr almost had over it made it a good no call though. :lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The refs were AWFUL that game, for both teams. It was a poorly officiated game, even the announcers were bitching. One announcer said, "Tony isn't going to get that call, not in this game." It looked like an intramural officiated game. Still, the Cavs win easily if they limit some careless, bad turnovers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not his fault-- if LeBron wants to just hijack the ball all the time.

on Espn.com there is a GREAT 10 minute segment posted yesterday with Windhorst on LeBatard---- Windhorst basically says that LeBron does what he wants- and plays what position he wants- and it hurts the teams continuity

for example- the game Kyrie sat out against OKC---- Mo Williams is out- Delly is on a minutes restriction because of some lingering injuries- so LeBron plays PG most of the game. Plays AMAZING. The Cavs have one of their best games of the season beating the crap out of OKC in their building.

Windhorst says- LeBron thinks- wow- maybe i should play more PG- so in the next few games- LeBron basically starts playing PG on his own- Kyrie's assist totals go way down- but its not because hes not passing- its because hes playing off the ball becuase LeBron is dominating the ball----- then- on a night against the Wizards and Celtics where LeBron does not have to guard big power forwards- he plays PF- Windhorst said that in a game against the Jazz with Miami- LeBron moved to PF in the 2nd half and beat the crap outta Favors who had been dominating- and Miami made a huge comeback and almost won- but that day after the game- LeBron tweets a picture of him in an icebath basically his passive aggresive way of saying i cant play PF all the time vs. big guys....

So - depending on LeBron's mood- he can and will play PG, SF, or PF---- and the other guys not knowing and not being able to get some continuity really hurts.....somedays they will give Love 10 touches on the elbow- the next game maybe hes just playing outside because LeBron wants to play down low- and Kyrie doesnt know if hes playing PG that night- or SG-.....it can be frusterating. You can never prepare for the Cavs because you just dont know whats coming most nights- and i dont think they know either....I think its probably from top to bottom the most talented roster in the league outside of maybe GSW- but its just maddening somtimes.

It's all part of having James, and believe what you want, a major reason as to why I don't miss having him.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hardly doubt anyone from the Cavs team or their fans can complain about Delly being tackled when that's EXACTLY what he does to others. He simply got beat at his own game last night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Joe Johnson factor

How much of a godsend has Joe Johnson been to the Heat? He’s 8 for 12 on three-pointers for a team that had ranked last in the NBA in three-point shooting at the time of his addition (31 percent).

Since Jan. 1 (including 25 games for the Nets and five for the Heat), he’s shooting an absurd 48.2 percent on threes (54 for 112). That’s highest among NBA players who have taken at least 60 threes in this calendar year. No. 2 on the list: Stephen Curry (47.2 percent, 154 for 326).

"Joe came at the perfect time," Dwyane Wade said. "We were missing something. He's been that missing piece for us."

What’s more, since Jan. 1, Johnson is shooting 50.3 percent overall and 92.2 percent on free throws (47 for 51).

Goran Dragic said Tuesday how much “more space” he and Wade have to “drive and create” now because defenses “respect [Johnson's] shot [and] can’t close late on him.”

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Joe Johnson factor

How much of a godsend has Joe Johnson been to the Heat? He’s 8 for 12 on three-pointers for a team that had ranked last in the NBA in three-point shooting at the time of his addition (31 percent).

Since Jan. 1 (including 25 games for the Nets and five for the Heat), he’s shooting an absurd 48.2 percent on threes (54 for 112). That’s highest among NBA players who have taken at least 60 threes in this calendar year. No. 2 on the list: Stephen Curry (47.2 percent, 154 for 326).

"Joe came at the perfect time," Dwyane Wade said. "We were missing something. He's been that missing piece for us."

What’s more, since Jan. 1, Johnson is shooting 50.3 percent overall and 92.2 percent on free throws (47 for 51).

Goran Dragic said Tuesday how much “more space” he and Wade have to “drive and create” now because defenses “respect [Johnson's] shot [and] can’t close late on him.”
it was a very nice signing. Why Pat Riley does not think 3 pt shooting matters in todays NBA blows my mind. I didnt even think it was possible to be an above average NBA team in todays NBA when you are just wretched at shooting the 3- but Miami scores about the least in the game, and gives up about the least in the game and counter it that way i guess.

26th in Points: The last 5 teams offensive output

30- Philly 96.5
29- Utah 97.7
28- Brooklyn 97.8
27- Lakers 97.9
26- Miami 98.9

Top 5 teams Defensive points allowed

1. SAS 92.3
2. MIA 96.9
3. Utah 97.1
4. Cleveland 97.2
5. Toronto 98.3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are 9th in points scored, and 4th in points allowed just for the record.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a very nice signing. Why Pat Riley does not think 3 pt shooting matters in todays NBA blows my mind. I didnt even think it was possible to be an above average NBA team in todays NBA when you are just wretched at shooting the 3- but Miami scores about the least in the game, and gives up about the least in the game and counter it that way i guess.

I think this is mostly due to Dwayne Wade. I read someplace he is one of top 2 in NBA the last few years in efficiency from something like 10-15 feet.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair to Pat, I'm assuming he thought Gerald would be more consistent. He shot 40% from 3 two years ago and 35% last year. This year he's down to 31%. That is a huge drop off

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are 9th in points scored, and 4th in points allowed just for the record.

Considering the slow pace they play at, no surprise they're top 5 in points allowed. The top 5 in points allowed are all ranked at the bottom in pace of play. Slower pace always=less points allowed. Cavs are ranked 12th in opp fg% which is not that good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first round will be very interesting if the Bulls remain in the 7th or 8th seed

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some may be surprised to learn that the Cavs record, point differential, and SRS this year are all on pace with the 4 LeBron Miami Heat teams.

Biggest difference in perception is the giant shadow being cast by the Spurs and Warriors.

I think its fair to say that are also some legitimate eye-test concerns of a lack of consistency and cohesion, especially over the last month or so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the slow pace they play at, no surprise they're top 5 in points allowed. The top 5 in points allowed are all ranked at the bottom in pace of play. Slower pace always=less points allowed. Cavs are ranked 12th in opp fg% which is not that good.
there offensive must be BEYOND efficient then to be in the top 10 right! lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Pat, I'm assuming he thought Gerald would be more consistent. He shot 40% from 3 two years ago and 35% last year. This year he's down to 31%. That is a huge drop off
the difference between one player shooting 35% and 31% from 3 on a teams overall numbers when you are taking 4 3's a game is negligible at best.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some may be surprised to learn that the Cavs record, point differential, and SRS this year are all on pace with the 4 LeBron Miami Heat teams.

Biggest difference in perception is the giant shadow being cast by the Spurs and Warriors.

I think its fair to say that are also some legitimate eye-test concerns of a lack of consistency and cohesion, especially over the last month or so.

3-Man Weave: Chemistry issues, high expectations surround the Cavaliers

Report: Cavs' LeBron James and Kyrie Irving have a 'real' disconnect

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i think what i said above is true- Kyrie is getting frusterated because he doesnt know what his role will be on a night to night basis- because LeBron could be playing PF, SF, or just dominate the ball at the point.

I like the Cavs ability to be versatile and unpredictable- and with all the players they have with their different tools- from Dellys 3 pt shooting and D, to Frye's stretch big ability, to Shumperts D, to Mozgov's rebounding and rim protection, to Mo Williams shooting and ball bandling etc. etc.- allows the Cavs to play many different lineups and styles- as verastile as anyteam out there really- probably the most - and LeBron is obviously the most versatile player in the entire game.....

but i think it seriously frustrates Love and Irving not to know their roles on a nightly basis because LeBron feels like he wants to play PG tonight or PF tonight.

all though- like 2 weeks ago Lloyd is writing about how the Cavs go to play is the "13"- the 1-3 pick and roll with Kyrie and LeBron and how they play great on that- so who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.