• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman: "If LeBron was playing in the late '80s and early '90s, he would be just an average player"

Cedric Ceballos: "My 94 suns team would torch this warriors team"

Oscar Robertson: "[Curry] has only shot well because of what's going on in basketball today. If I've got a guy who's great shooting the ball outside, don't you want to extend your defense out a little bit? These coaches do not understand the game of basketball, as far as I'm concerned"

I could go on and on, but these aren't facts. They're embarrassing opinions.

First of all, if anyone gets offended or takes anything seriously that comes out of the mouths of Dennis Rodman or Cedric Ceballos, they really need to consider the source and grow a thicker skin.

As for the '94 Suns. I don't agree that they would torch the Warriors, but it would be a helluva game that I'd love to see. Along with Ceballos, that team has Thunder Dan Majerle, Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, AC Green and Danny Ainge among others. So, I'm pretty sure they could hold their own.

Oscar's comments aren't entirely wrong. The Warriors get a ton of wide open shots, especially from 3 point range. That means that either teams aren't defending or the defenses haven't figured out a way to slow them down yet. Either way, it's up to the coaches of the opposing teams to make the correct adjustments and no one has figured it out yet. So, while I agree that there was hyperbole in his comments, he's not wrong about something needing to be done defensively.

It's how things work in sports. Somebody comes up with something that no one seems to be able to stop and they make everyone look bad until someone figures something out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosh returns, the East is still the Cavs to lose, but it adds a team with a real "punchers chance" to the mix, especially if the Cavs are still trying to figure stuff out.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosh returns, the East is still the Cavs to lose, but it adds a team with a real "punchers chance" to the mix, especially if the Cavs are still trying to figure stuff out.

I agree. The Heat would have not only a talented group with championship experience... but would bring an emotional/mental edge to a Cavs series that no other Eastern team can.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys blew it by not pumping up your record when everyone was healthy. Now that you have injuries- and a very rough schedule- it could get a little ugly. YA gotta make hay when the sunshines- especially with the Heats roster.

LOL

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls out of a playoff spot now. They have an easy looking stretch of games coming up (Brooklyn, Sac, 2 X Knicks). Things getting interesting at the bottom of the East.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls out of a playoff spot now. They have an easy looking stretch of games coming up (Brooklyn, Sac, 2 X Knicks). Things getting interesting at the bottom of the East.
I don't think many people would have believed at the beginning of the season that the Pistons, Bulls, and Wizards would be fighting over the last playoff spot.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many people would have believed at the beginning of the season that the Pistons, Bulls, and Wizards would be fighting over the last playoff spot.

Clearly they need Butler back, and quick.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once they signed Johnson i seriously seriously suspected this.
Didn't you suggest the opposite as the reason they got Johnson?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you suggest the opposite as the reason they got Johnson?
well...try something NEW and read something and get back to me on that....I am sure if you have even a partially functional brain you can figure it out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @another spot on Wiggy prediction.

Prepare for a 150,000 word 4 consecutive post novella about how "no one could have predicted they'd do this."
I will just find the posts where they basically AGREE with me. That should be funny enough.

right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Last edited:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...try something NEW and read something and get back to me on that....I am sure if you have even a partially functional brain you can figure it out.

In other words, that would be a YES. :lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat got a steal in the 2nd round with Josh Richardson .

This kid is really really good

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat got a steal in the 2nd round with Josh Richardson .

This kid is really really good

Understatement. That kid can defend, play the 1 and 2, and is a decent 3-point shooter (currently at 38.3% for 3-pt. shooting). Say what you want about Riley and his sub par drafting. He does pretty decent with 2nd round picks (last noteable draft pick was Chalmers in the 2nd round in '08).

Status
Not open for further replies.