• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes the job of every other starter twice as hard. Gallardo would be #2 and Holland would be #3 if we had Darvish right now. BIG DIFFERENCE. Honestly, I had this team as a possible dark horse contender for a wild card before the Darvish injury, but now? I think they would be lucky to win 80 games.

Wrong. Holland would be the #2

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes the job of every other starter twice as hard. Gallardo would be #2 and Holland would be #3 if we had Darvish right now. BIG DIFFERENCE. Honestly, I had this team as a possible dark horse contender for a wild card before the Darvish injury, but now? I think they would be lucky to win 80 games.

I think its a difference of about 5-7 wins when push comes to shove

How many wins Darvish would get as opposed to the new 5th starter(s) (Likely Martinez)

And I mean team W-L record in those starts, not pitcher's record

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks....honestly couldn't remember.

And I wasn't trying to bust-your-chops on the earlier post regarding a healthy lineup. Just curious to what this meant to you. One of those things where it could be in-the-eye-of-the-beholder type situations.

I hope you're more right than me. Yours being at least .500 and mine being about 76. But I just don't see it at this point.

As the saying goes: That's why we play the games.

Its all good...
I look at it this way -- the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals lost Adam Wainwright (their Ace) during Spring Training.... but they didnt give up. We all know the outcome of their season.

In no way am I comparing their season to the potential of this season w/ the Rangers... but as you said -- that's why they play the games.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a difference of about 5-7 wins when push comes to shove

How many wins Darvish would get as opposed to the new 5th starter(s) (Likely Martinez)

And I mean team W-L record in those starts, not pitcher's record

I had it around that margin too.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HUGE news.

So 2 potential Rangers targets for the June draft (Aiken & Matuella) are out with TJS.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brinson might have a monster season playing at High Desert if he's continued to work on his swing

And it figures that none of our higher end arms in High Desert

The infield at Hickory (Michael De Leon, Travis Demeritte, Ronald Guzman, Josh Morgan) is uber talented

Solid rotations in AAA & AA give really good depth, Luis Ortiz in Hickory as well and I had forgot about David Perez, talk about a slow riser

Actually the AA team in general: Gallo, Alfaro, Williams, Mazara, Asher, Thompson, Payano, etc...

Like to see Jairo Beras improve on last years disappointing start
I am really looking forward to seeing what Ortiz does this year and how fast he progresses. He just might be the best pitcher in our system.

I haven't been to a RoughRiders game in a few years, but I will have to make one or two this year. I guess I had better not wait too long or some of those guys will move on to Round Rock.

I am also looking forward to seeing what Cordell does this year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Mazara with a HR. Another starter getting raked.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Mazara with a HR. Another starter getting raked.

Pitching has not been a strong suit in ST for the most part. lets hope they are "working on things"? Colby hasn't looked anything like he finished last year. Again hope he is just coasting at this point and will turn it up in the regular season

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching has not been a strong suit in ST for the most part. lets hope they are "working on things"? Colby hasn't looked anything like he finished last year. Again hope he is just coasting at this point and will turn it up in the regular season

Colby is a fly ball pitcher. That's not good in Arizona.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They all did well against Class A ball minor leaguers. :) Its those major league ball players they are having trouble with.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did we give up for Freeman, this guy sucks as bad as Beimel did?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What did we give up for Freeman, this guy sucks as bad as Beimel did?

I wonder what the expectations are for a guy like Freeman. STL giving up on him in mid camp for basically nothing tells you his own team didn't think much of him. LHP can hang around in an organization for almost a decade with team expecting for him to break out finally this season. (heh that sounds familiar)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the expectations are for a guy like Freeman. STL giving up on him in mid camp for basically nothing tells you his own team didn't think much of him. LHP can hang around in an organization for almost a decade with team expecting for him to break out finally this season. (heh that sounds familiar)

He was out of options...so he couldnt be sent down to the minors...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirkman sucked, Beimel stunk, Freeman has been bad. Maybe we try the right handers to get lefties out? Could it be any worse than the options we have tried so far?