• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dutch gets the home opener.

Might be a silly question, but does anyone else here usually make it out to Opening Day? This'll be my 14th in a row. A little tradition my Dad and I started, that my best friend and I have managed to continue. It's gotten a lot more crowded since the '10 season obviously, but still a great scene year in and year out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be a silly question, but does anyone else here usually make it out to Opening Day? This'll be my 14th in a row. A little tradition my Dad and I started, that my best friend and I have managed to continue. It's gotten a lot more crowded since the '10 season obviously, but still a great scene year in and year out.

Not so silly actually, and I think that's pretty cool and unique you've kept this going for this long.

Congratulations. But I haven't attended by a couple of home openers since 1980.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Rangers inform Jamey Wright he will not make club | Dallas Morning News

I used to go almost every year until they started they awful way of allocating Opening Day tickets where you have to sign up for a drawing to be able to purchase 2 tickets.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some will hate this article due to their feelings about the author. But I think his idea regarding the "Evaluation" is pretty good one. Won't go anywhere, but it still makes some sense to me
Grant: Spring training is horribly, utterly broken; here's how it can be fixed | Dallas Morning News

I have long thought it would be smart to have an expanded roster through April. Not sure why it would cost more as the 2 - 3 extra guys come out of the 40man and roster spots at AAA and AA.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have long thought it would be smart to have an expanded roster through April. Not sure why it would cost more as the 2 - 3 extra guys come out of the 40man and roster spots at AAA and AA.

Not positive what the ML minimum is, but it's substantially more than a minor league contract. Plus, the player would immediately start accruing service time, so this - in the long run - could cost a team too.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Wonder if there might be wholesale shuffling guys in and out of those extra roster spots to/from minors? Not sure it makes a difference. Naming your 25 man for every game would keep it under control.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one here who is completely worn out with all this "left-handers can only pitch to LH?"

Ya know starters start on their scheduled day regardless of how stacked the Lineup is with batters on the opposite side of the plate.

I'm sorry, but I still think there should be room - certainly a desire - to have a pitcher who can come outta the pen and get people out PERIOD.

But like I said, maybe it's just me.

I agree.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. They'll still be getting their 25 and 15 million respectively with or without those banners.

Believe it or not, every person - player or not - still has "some" self-respect, ego, pride, etc and although they love the paycheck, they still don't want to feel embarrassed or humiliated.

I REALLY dislike CJ. But he and Josh are still people.

Don't feel sorry for either one of em in the LEAST. Just making an acknowledgement.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, every person - player or not - still has "some" self-respect, ego, pride, etc and although they love the paycheck, they still don't want to feel embarrassed or humiliated.

Don't feel sorry for either one of em in the LEAST. Just making an acknowledgement.

Personally I disliked CJ because he seemed to shit the bed in so many pressure situations in the postseason including the WS against STL. I about had it with the guy when he was scared to pitch to Nick effing Punto and wouldn't give him anything of substance where he can get the guy out. As for his doucheness I could get over it and actually give him mad props for putting in the time and work to convert from a reliever to a legitimate and solid starter.

Josh on the other hand is a douche and I've always had this thought of him as being a fraud but maybe I'm just being extra hard on that knucklehead.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Embarrassed or humiliated? They made the bed they're sleeping in.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you hear Kirkman was released? :happy:

96532.gif